Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Afternoon susie:)

Interesting topic of toast - dh is now having that linseed one that is 10c a slice for breakfast. I am imagining the owl days when i can have it....the thing is that i will no doubt still want my bacon and eggs and then have toast, butter and marmite. So all that happens is that you add carbs and cals and probably just eat the rest the same. Will have to meditate....

Susie - i'm interested to know whether you think harcombe is making it more or less difficult to stay away from carbs? My biggest fear of both owl and pre maint is uncontrollable cravings!

I was the same as you katie worrying about the spiral once id had carbs tbh im managing ok. That is the bread im having the soya linseed one. Its nice and filling x and im having that rather than bacon and eggs aswell. i wouldnt be able to move!
Im actually loving Vickys diet :D and having treat meal at the weekend too (maybe not this one maybe just bbq)

Last edited:
Great - well if you could just write the book please that would be perfect:D

see my fitness pal :D LOL. ill start chargin em comission x

OOH RYE BREAD...havent had that x

you know, i really have lost the notion for toast, even when i smell it at work, it just doesn't appeal any more!

what i would like is a great dollop of steak pie.......mmmmm

mm steak pie. (off to see how many carbs in one)

Not too bad tbh. the deep fill one is 36 carbs for a third :) but now i want one! a whole one x

suze are you on fitness pal?

No hun, not something I really have time for, in between answering emails, posts and FBs from a certain person Oop North :D:D:D

Bren - enjoy the squash curry, I never got around to making mine, used the ingredients for something else.

Re the comments about Harcombe, not sure if it opens up the carb can of worms - TBH I was straying back to carbs anyway, so it's good just to get back on the protein and veg wagon.

I had the puffed rice for a week, but am just doing yoghurt and berries this week - but I also had carbs bigtime - wine, pastry, pizza and ice cream :break_diet:

So, if I even come close to sts at WI on Friday it will be a Complete And Utter Miracle!

ooh good luck for WI suze. i need the fairy!

I've learned so much from that book you recommended Susie! I'm a slow reader though cos I just read on the bus and it's a really short journey! :)

Glad you enjoyed the book Di (I guess you mean Barry Groves?) - do read the Harcombe one too, she makes a lot of sense, really blows some of the diet nonsense we've been 'force fed' completely out of the water - with science and rational thought.

Thx girls - get the ear plugs ready for about 7am on Friday morning to block out my screams if the weight on is too horrendous LOL :)

Morning all

Another lovely day here, and a clean and green (almost) Atkins/THD day :)

B - low carb tortilla wrap with bacon and egg mmm
L - meatloaf and salad
S - yoghurt and berries
D - roast lamb or pork (not sure which yet) with cabbage
W - aiming for 3 litres today
E - just walking around the office
A - maybe 1 glass

Shirley update - she spent the whole night asleep inside - uptil now she has been going outside to play great hunter Shirley of the Jungle but I think she now gets why humans lie down for several hours now and thinks it's a good idea...lol. However, she slept, not on the sofa, but on the lid of the laptop (which I had to put down or else she leans on buttons and does weird things to it).

aww bless her. she is going with you when you eventually move you know :D
mm meat loaf forgot about that!

V - I have refined the meatloaf and it is super scrumptious, I have to say.

Bung 500g fatty mince in a bowl, bosh (a la Jamie Oliver) loads of herbs, a big spoonful of seeded mustard, a bit of Lea and Perrins, some tomato sauce and an egg. Mix well and plop into a bread tin. Cook for 40 mins.

It's a bit crumbly but the flavour is yummo :)

Back