Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks Jim (she says, resisting the 'like' button :) - are you still getting emails every time someone does it?) - it is a fab location - two mins to the shops, the beach, the park and the station.

And thanks Di for the offer of help, bless you :) I'm using a firm called EcoMovers ( a friend used them and said they were brilliant) to come in and pack everything and unpack at the other end. I have moved the hard way too many times in my life and this time I have the money to let someone else do all the heavy lifting and sorting. They will even unscrew my antique bed and put it together at the other end! Sorted :D

But I am worrying a bit about what to do with Orby. I can't leave her in the flat while the removalmen are there - so I'm thinking I put her in the car and just leave her there quietly, then drive down with the van and put her in one of the bedrooms with litter, water and food, and shut the door.

What do you all think? It's going to be upsetting for her anyway but I don't want to leave her with someone else for the night.

B - Mama wrap with bacon and cheese
L - chicken and mushroom salad with chilli mayo
D - curry burgers, I think, and cauli mash

*Sudders at cauli*

I think it sounds like a plan Hun. Unless u can shut her in one room at the old place whilst they pack up then put her in ur car just for the last room. Sounds good about putting her in a room at the new place. Probably best leaving her there for a day or two then letting her out to explore at her own pace n making sure she has somewhere safe n secure to run to if needed. Keep her in whilst she gets used to the other rooms then let her out once she's familiar with the house.

I agree with Claire Susie, that'd be best

Mmm yes I think so too.

She won't know herself, moving from a two roomed flat with ensuite to eight rooms plus three cupboards, a huge hallway and a courtyard :D

I'd get her into the car asap as she will get spooked by the removers and may do a runner. We put the cats in the dog's travel cage during the last move then into their baskets at the last moment.

Absolutely made up for you Susie, it is a huge space for you to put your stamp on! And think of all the fun you and Orby can have playing hide and seek lol xxxxxxxx

LOL you read my mind, I had a dream last night that she got lost inside! :D

Am just chowing down on my salad - and d'you know, it is delish :) I am so good on low carb - when I prepare!

Good idea on the toys, thanks Alpy xxx

OK I am the first to appreciate that this is slightly sad (as in, pathetic :D) but have already decided on the cooker, hob. washing machine, dishwasher and american fridge freezer :D

Think I might have done about 10 minutes work today LOL.

Last edited:
Good planning gorgeous Susie - so nice to be Dreaming - well done:)
Xxx

I had a dream last night that the Atkins crew were at your flat outside in your stylish courtyard. with the warm summer evening sun beating down, the smell of a BBQ, playing with Orbit & looking into your duck egg blue sofa & shelves filled with your treasures!!!

The only thing was we walked to a stylish pub....... still that can come!!

I'm so excited for you.... have been dreaming about morroccan baths too...............

Morning Susie, it's good to dream love :)

Morning all

Love the dream Linz! I've been having a few of those myself. Note to self - must try and focus on work today :D

Not sure what's on the menu today, am accompanying the boss to a media lunch at Bacco in town - chicken and salad, I guess.

Enjoy your day

I'd agree with that. Some dealers will come out to ur house n collect too. Course, if u can't be @rsed, leave it out in the street n I'm sure it'll quickly disappear. Call me cynical.

It's all to do with who has ownership as such. By sticking it out on street you'd think ur disclaiming ownership n as such not a complainant. If however the person who's stuff it was is claiming ownership still n makes a complaint of theft it gets tricky. Hence cps decision.

Back