Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Right, brilliant - I added a dash of vanilla essence too - will report back.

Is it ridiculous to feel so excited about a pancake??? :D I'll make the flax cookies too as soon as the LCM gets Da Vinci syrup back in - although, I could just use the maple syrup...hmmm...:)

Wow that was lovely, despite the fact that it was burnt and in pieces - the flipping process didn't go quite to plan :D

Poured maple syrup over it and it disappeared!

Thanks for the recipe hun :)

Susie - I wiped the bottom of the pan with kitchen roll dipped in oil - just to give the base of the pan a sheen. I also used a cookie cutter to shape them a bit better - just was careful not to put too much batter in - as it tended to spill when I removed the cutter - they then kept their shape better.

It's all experimentation isn't it?

Thanks, will give that a try next time, Piglet :)

Claire - that makes a lot more sense than what I tried LOL

Now all I need to find is some mini tartlet silicon molds for the flax biscuits, have googled and can only find some realy £££ ones - any ideas?

Poundland sweetie. I bought mini silicon shaped ice cube trays to make scented candle wax tarts in to use in oil burners. They had quite a few other silicon bits in. I've also got stuff from wilco's before now n tk max a few yrs back. Reckon the supermarkets do stuff too nowadays.

I wonder if chilling the mixture for a while might make it a little less prone to running - might try that tomorrow. OH has a hospital appointment at lunchtime so taking the day off - time to crisp up a bit of bacon, make pancakes and scrambled eggs for brekkie!!

Morning all

Had a lovely long sleep, helped no doubt by the fact that no alarm was going off this morning :D

Am going to pootle around doing laundry and stuff, then it's off for a mooch around the shops, and am finally going to do my right of abode application so I can book a holiday for May!

And also search the house for a dead mouse Orbit just brought in and hid somewhere...

B - eggs
L - curry burgers and lettuce
D - tuna mornay and veg

Keep wrapped up!

Last edited:
Morning Susie

LOL @

And also search the house for a dead mouse Orbit just brought in and hid somewhere...

Back