Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Back from the dark - just had a power cut lasting an hour - TG for candles! And missed the beginning of Upstairs Downstairs, will have to watch on iPlayer so don't tell me what happens :)

Yes Es the loaf has mince in it, sorry about that :)

It was a bit scary at first, was groping round the room trying to remember where I'd put the matches! :)

But once I got the candles going it was OK - and could even read my ebook by candlelight - how modern and traditional, all at the same time :D

Amazing how many stars I could see, it was lovely - just like being in the country (apart from all the sirens and people shouting out their windows lol).

Really fancy something sweet now....

Good morning Susie & Orby. Love the photo of the 2 of you. Nothing better than that purr of a kitty I think.

How do you cook your pork belly, in a slow cooker or in the oven? My M&S is now stocking it.

A bit different than the candle app, but I read that the torch app helped to deliver a baby somewhere in the uk, when the lights went out.

Morning Susie... Lovely pic! Orbit seems so cosy and settled xx

Morning lovelies

All good here, except that my central heating won't come on after the power cut - hot water, yes, heating, no - and it wasn't on the timer when it got shut off, so shouldn't have affected the timer - any clues?

B - granola and soya milk, soya latte
L - chicken and bacon salad with spinach and lettuce - and of course mayo dressing :)
D - meat loaf and cabbage

Mr Tesco comes tonight (lucky it wasn't yesterday!) and I have of course over-ordered...oops :)

Oh no, what a terrible time to lose the heating!

If you get stuck in the dark again tonight, and you're a geek like me, go outside at 7.22pm and look up. The International Space Station will be passing us, heading from west to east, and unusually bright. Saw it last night, so bright you'd think it was a plane- and I live in the middle of a city! There are 6 people on the space station right now. Weird thought. Best of all, they're all weightless! :D

Have you checked the fuse switch box thing whatever it's called? One might have tripped.

Thanks hun will do that when I get home - and will run outside at 7.22pm too :)

Amazing seeing all the stars so clearly once the lights were out - Venus was really bright, and could make out Orion easily too :) There's a stargazing evening course down on the coast, really fancy doing it because I don't know much about them at all - watched Wonders of the Solar System but was too enamoured of Brian Cox :D

Morning Susie, have you got your heating sorted?

I know sometimes my combi boiler needs reset...its a wee red button inside it.

Thanks all - will try those tips when I get home :)

Off to Superdrug in a moment - a woman at work has beautiful skin and uses the new Palmers coco butter face products - and Superdrug has a 3 for 2 offer :)

Evening all

Heating is working again, thanks for your posts :) The clock had gone back to zero and needed resetting, happy days it was nothing more serious!

Just having some courgette meatloaf and waiting for Mr Tesco :)

Back