Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

now that sounds well yummy.:character00201: i'm on
my way to your house. lol

Organisation! What are you cooking up? :)

Got a meatloaf and a flax cake in the oven now - the cake is for people at work.

Who knows what it'll taste like - I just dumped loads of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in it...will report back :)

Hey Tamzy - they are separate, I'll take pics in a moment and post recipes - but I must say, the cake is cooling right now and smells very yum!

Am also just cooking a cauli pizza base using this recipe - Cauliflower Pizza

I love doing a bit of cooking on a weekend, makes me feel SO domestic :D

Oh that cauli pizza looks delicious Susie and quite easy to make. I am making pumpkin curry, according to book, pumpkin should be ok?

i thought pumpkin was quite high in carbs??

let us know how it turns out susie...with pics if poss lol

It's not too bad - 2.1g carbs per 100g

Here's a list of all veg carbs - Vegetable Carbohydrate Content - Carbohydrates in Vegetables - Vegetable Carbohydrate Chart

And here's some pics - I'll "ice" the cake with cream cheese tomorrow :)

Meatloaf.jpgCake.jpgPizza.jpg

more importantly how does it taste?

The pizza was lovely - not pickupable, the base is quite a runny mixture so I put baking paper on top of the pizza pan (which has holes in it) - and the mixture stuck to it. Mybe it needs oiling before you add the base? Then I mixed 20g Tesco Value pasta sauce (5.6g) with 50g sun dried tomato puree (about 1g) and then added salami, a green pepper and some cheese. Together with half a cauli, I guess it's about 8-10g carbs?

And it was scrummy - and omg so filling!

'bout time i came over here to say 'hi' - been lurking a little. Hope you enjoyed your chilled out domestic bliss over the weekend. :)

Fab pics Susie!! Looks very yummy xx

LOL thanks all - the cake is now iced with cream cheese, butter and orange da vinci syrup - and it is lush :) I believe this is the first ever time I have taken a homemade cake in to work - what has Atkins turned me into??? :D

Hopefully the inside will be cooked properly too, I did use 1 less egg than normal and there was no sogginess at all...think this could adapt itself very nicely to coconut cake, or chocolate mmmm - and thanks to Flex Flax being no carbs, it's all very low in carbs. Happy days! :D

Susie Craddock!! A new side to you!!! Xx

LOL Di - just imagine what I could do with a bigger kitchen! All together now - "make a bigger mess!" :D

Es - I use this recipe - but with one less egg - http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet-diaries/259571-maddies-induction-diary-2.html#post4718904 - it uses 2 cups of ground flax.

It makes a nice savoury loaf (or cake, we hope, taste test tomorrow, will report back) - I make one up a week, with lots of dried herbs, and then I'm covered for those moments where I just must have cheese and marmite toast with my tea :)

Might even get a muffin pan and try choc-mint ones???

So versatile Susie!! Next time I'm over will defo have a slice! Xx

Back