Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

waiting...........................snoring.................
morning lovely,hope you feel a little better this morning.

Morning Susie... Lived the poem you posted on ClaireCat's diary! Made me chuckle ... How's the hair? And do you have a lovely day today? Xx

I'm going away for a week and I'll miss the hair photo if you don't post now! (Is this whining working at all?).

I'm sure you'll have a better week this week- take care. xx

Susie has Internet probs... Service will be resumed tomorrow - hopefully x

:(

Not been the best of weeks, has it? Still, at least things can only get better from here!

Morning Susie, hope you get your connection sorted love

Morning all

I currently have a dartboard on the wall with Richard Branson's face on it. Virgin Customer Services are SO incompetent....no, I can't go there today, I'm feeling vaguely tranquil and that will only get me annoyed again. Just to say we don't know when our building will have net access back again :(

Didn't get my hair done after all, the salon was short of people so I've postponed.

Also had to fix a c**k up by LOCOG - they've published the street by street routes for the torch relay - and got the name of my organisatin wrong! Please - happy thoughts that the day improves!

:vibes::vibes:

Sending good vibes to you, hope it gets better xx

Dunno hun - I live less than a mile from their head office, you think it would be a bit better...but I suppose Sky is just the same?

It was quite nice without the TV, strangely, says a self confessed TV addict - I read a couple of books, watched some DVDs, listened to music on the iPhone :)

Now, speaking of confessions, I am leaving low carb for a bit, kids. I know I've complained endlessly about my hayfever and exscema/skin allergies being the worst ever? Well, yesterday I went to a herbalist (one of the MD ones) and he has said I need to re-introduce some foods - wholewheat (in small quantities), all fruit, yoghurt and a wider range of vegetables. And (of course) cut back on red and white meat and eat more oily fish.

He says it will also sort out the itchy scalp I have, and give me more energy - I've never had that whoosh of Atkins energy, ever, and some days I can barely drag myself around the college, so that would be really welcome. I'm also doing a mini detox, with a few glasses of warm water and lemon, etc, every day after meals.

I do love low carb, and I keep coming back to it - but it just isn't loving me back. I've wavered lots over the last 12 months, tried other diets and generally not been very focused at all, so I'm sure this won't come as any great surprise to you all.

But of course I will still keep posting (but not the menus) xxx

Give it a try, you can always come back to it if it makes no difference.
And don't stop posting here, I'm still hanging about like a bad smell - it's keto breath honest!

Not SW hun, more a kind of DIY "no additives" approach - yoghurt with flaxseed and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, chicken or fish for dinner, or just veg. I've got Hugh FW's book on veg so will be attacking a few recipes from that. Will generally be low fat but am going to enjoy a few filo recipes and stuff like that. No more FFs (yaye says Jim) or s/f stuff. Last Atkins bar gets gobbled up tonight, then it's over to Lindt 90% choc for the must have chocolate backup :D

But I would like to say that one major thing I have got from Atkins - apart from having all you lovelies in my life - is enjoying cooking, to my utter amazement! I'm no Delia when it comes to kitchen skills and the day when I managed to chuck ginger powder all over myself is still fresh in my mind :D But nonetheless, I'm going to have a shot at preparing things like mayo, tomato pasta sauce, stock and hummus from scratch.

Am also ditching the skin care I have and trying Aveeno for a while, ditto no more commercial toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo etc - going au naturele, if you like, inspired by the herbalist and by this website - Eczema Natural Treatment

Not giving up red wine though. AS IF! :8855:

Have you looked into eating foods with no nickel in them? my sister in law has terrible eczema and her doc told her to try it as she may have a severe nickel allergy and it cleared up big time!!! you would be surprised at how many foods contain nickel. Worth reading up on x

Back