Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

also toothpaste, soaps shampoo etc contain an agent to make them foamy called sodium lauryl sulphate which causes a lot of people to get dry flaky skin eczema type. The chemical serves no other purpose but to foam so may be worth looking at ones that dont contain it. But make sure which ever toothpaste you find contains fluoride :)

Hugs Susie, You can do any diet you want as long as you DON'T stop posting here.

I have to say Atkins doesn't always love me either. I do get that initial burst of energy, but after about a month I feel very tired and a little air headed (more than usual) The hangovers I get are nothing short of horrendous and take 2 full days to get over. I'm not giving up wine for any diet either.:party0036: x

Last edited:
you have been in the wars, I've been doing SW with Atkins so basically follow SW but find the lowest carb choices I can in terms of doing the 'red' days - chicken rather than the red meats, only red meat has been the pastrami and a bit of lamb (I'm not a huge beef eater). And, I've been having one of the promax cookie n cream shakes a day.

Toothpaste... a friend of mine uses this (and other products)

why would you want a fluoride free toothpaste tho? its the only ingredient that you look for in any toothpaste and its the only thing that can prevent decay.

she has a 'thing' about fluoride found that she is intolerant to it and I think this has calcium something or other - I got lost once she said she was intolerant to fluoride :eek:

toothpaste is topical though unless.she is chomping it theres not much to worry about...she should be more worried about systemic fluoride like the kind they put in the water in some areas...Id much rather put up with any ill effects than get decay lol but then Im a complete neurotic nut about teeth

Evening Susie... Sounds like you've done lots of research and as long as you stay firmly on this site then I'm a happy bunny! As Alpy says though please post your menus!

Good luck with the new regime Susie, hope it clears your skin up cos I know just how nasty it can be as my boss suffers horrendously and has to use all sorts of gunk on her scalp xxx

Evening Susie, sorry to hear your skin has been playing up as well as sinuses. It's so frustrating! Must admit that atkins has helped me quite a lot - think my skin generally better but guess it's finding the key things that do/dont work. I must admit i'm absolutely wary and paranoid on all soaps and creams - only simple for me (no perfume or colouring or "natural" extracts!) didn't even bother put makeup on for the do on saturday - no point spending a week recovering from the eczema it causes!

Whatever your food - no leaving us young lady:)
Xxx

Hey Aunty Rosie.... You'll find what suits & get into the groove of yr new eating plan in no time hun.x

teetiefunk said:
why would you want a fluoride free toothpaste tho? its the only ingredient that you look for in any toothpaste and its the only thing that can prevent decay.

Fluoride was originally used for, without checking, something to do with cooling of atomic bombs. Everyone that worked with it ended up sueing the American government because their teeth were galling out, along with bleedibg gums and hair loss. So the government did an "independent" study on it and found it was actually beneficial to teeth.

There was such a surplus of the stuff they started puting it in water and toothpaste etc.

No other study has been done. So I don't share anyone's joy on fluoride lol!

Afternoon all

Don't we have fascinating discussions?! :) Thanks for all the advice and kind words. My local pharmacy turns out to be a mecca for natural products (including the Jason range, Laura) and I've just started using Kingfisher toothpaste which is fluoride free - Kingfisher Toothpaste, The UK. It is slightly yellow in colour but then I realised that's because it doesn't have the zillion bleaching agents in it that mainstream toothpastes do :)

Going to check out Ren and Nude skincare at Space NK this week - tres £££ but they get good ratings. I know it's pathetic but I don't like the cheap packaging on some of the other ethical brands (I'm a marketer's dream).

Menu today - yog with berries and a tsp of granola, and about to get a salad from the cafe :)

Evening all - just had the most fab young guy from Virgin come and fix everything, Susie's back on the internet YAYE! And he reset the router password so I could get wifi on my iPhone double yaye :D

One happy bunny here :D Hope you all had a good day.

So pleased you're connected again Susie! Must have driven you crazy !! Xxx

Morning gorgeous:)

Great to hear you are back online - we get so used to it dont we!
Xxx

Power and the Internet are like our arms! Lol!

Back