Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hey all

Am just trying to think of Atkins-friendly food I can prepare to take with me on the coach next Saturday, we'll be travelling for two days without access to a microwave. Was thinking -

- sausages, cooked up
- salad - bacon and egg, chicken
- meat and cheese roll ups
- pork scratchings
- couple of Atkins bars

What else can I take that will last the distance? And has anyone used a cool bag like this?

Blue Paisley Large Insulated Cool Bag Picnic Beach | eBay

a good few boiled eggs...veg pieces to dip in a finely mashed egg mayo dip, make up a rice salad using cauli rice, tuna salad, tuna mayo.

Hi sweetie - good planning and a cool bag definitely a good plan. For second day, i would plan to use cured meats like salami with cheese in your wraps etc - dont want fresh chicken and meats getting too warm and spoiling. Cured meat safer for second day. And how about some tinned stuff like tuna? Or take a look in the supermarkets and see what is sold in room temperature area so doesnt need to be chilled
Xxx

Lots of good ideas there, thanks all - and Scotch eggs, good plan mmm - not made them before but guess I can use pork mince?

do u like sardines or mackerel? you could take the wee tins. also sugar free jelly pots.

Thx Laura but not a fan of fish in oil. Getting organised now, got the following planned -

- salami and cheese
- bacon, tomato and avocado
- quiche
- omelette
- salad
- scotch eggs

That'll do for the first hour :D Just kidding, should do for B&L Day 1-2, backed by Mr Porkys and Atkins bars cut into bits :)

Ive got no food suggestions but wanted to wisdh you a happy holiday :D xxxxxxxx

Morning Susie:) happy monday xx

Morning all

OMG what an horrendous night's sleep - been awake since 2.30am, dozed a bit but absolutely bunged up with hayfever - must be because it's so windy...and worrying about stuff, as per usual. Could be a three coffee day!

Really busy this morning so will catch up later - love to you all xxx

Oh it's all excitement here, had BBC R3 come in to do some recording, then we had a fire alarm (standing in the rain, niiiice), now am throwing down some food and wishing heartily that I was at home in bed :)

Four days to go!!!! :D

Oh Susie... I'll miss you!! Xxx

Wow holiday really creeping up.

Sorry you had a rubbish sleep. I did too although woke at 4:30 so a couple hours more than you.

Sleep well tonight Susie x

Morning my dear!

Morning all

Another weird night, more dreams of Mum, and a very upset tum meant a few trips to the park in the night - blame those wicked carbs :)

Been at the lappy working from home since 7ish this morning but managed to get everything done much quicker than I thought, so can quickly catch up here before I have to head in. The Express is warning of more Arctic snow conditions over the next month - such a jolly upbeat newspaper :D

Have a good day, cherubs xxx

Back