Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

You know to me it sounds like she might have taken a very slight knock? Did she have any complaints if you picked her up or any tender areas near her legs at all? Either way she sounds like she's recovering well.

I was thinking the same, hun, but she has seemed Ok to be picked up. She has been awfully bullied by another cat, though, I saw Orbs once fall from 15 feet from a steel girder on the fire escape and land on concrete to get away from the horrible thing - so maybe that's what happened.

We've just been napping together :)

Ugh god. When my old cat was being bullied by one of the locals I waited outside at 4am and tipped a bucket of water over it. Horrid beast didn't come back after that. Actually my old cat hurt himself getting away from that cat too - slammed his back legs getting through the cat flap and was dragging them. Thought he'd broken them but he was actually improving the next morning (this was last thing at night) and got better. So yes, maybe a little knock or fall, poor baby. But getting better now.

I know, I was sick with worry then, but she seemed OK. I'm throwing glasses of water whenever I see it, but who knows what goes on when I'm at work :(

Another reason to move...

Hi Susie, glad to hear Orby getting better and well done on your Juddd focus;)

Are you still meeting Di tomorrow or have you rearranged?

Hi Katie

I can't meet tomorrow, love, got a radio thing to look after that won't finish until late (posted on yours, or Di's diary, last week), so need to postpone :(

No problem Susie - you lead such a busy life! ;)
Xx

Susie, need some help please. We've now planned our summer hols and going to be away for about a month. Although we normally have someone come in daily for our two cats we are worried this is rather a long time to leave them alone. Dont really want to lock them up in a cattery either. Please can you remind me about your catsitter - how did that work out, anyone to recommend - help!;)
Xxx

Evening Susie! You are so brilliantly focused right now!!! Am so impressed and SO proud of you! Xxx

Susie, need some help please. We've now planned our summer hols and going to be away for about a month. Although we normally have someone come in daily for our two cats we are worried this is rather a long time to leave them alone. Dont really want to lock them up in a cattery either. Please can you remind me about your catsitter - how did that work out, anyone to recommend - help!;)Xxx

Hi babes it's Trusted Housesitters - I paid £30 for a year's subscription, then you post your holiday details with pics of the cats and a few details. I had about 12 responses, really quickly, and went for a lovely Kiwi called Shannon.

Most are policechecked and have lots of experience, they also don't expect any payment - it's a fab service :D

I have Shannon's number if you want to check with her directly, I know she's very booked up though xxx

ladyfelsham said:
Hi babes it's Trusted Housesitters - I paid £30 for a year's subscription, then you post your holiday details with pics of the cats and a few details. I had about 12 responses, really quickly, and went for a lovely Kiwi called Shannon.

Most are policechecked and have lots of experience, they also don't expect any payment - it's a fab service :D

I have Shannon's number if you want to check with her directly, I know she's very booked up though xxx

Thanks, that's great - will get signed up. If you are happy to DM me shannons email/phone number then i might well give her a try. Personal recommendation always good:)

Well done on another pound gone, Susie! I like that: you lose one after an UP day, and I gain one after my last DD, lol. This defo suits you better than me! :D

So glad to see that Orbit's on the mend - such a worry when you know something's not right but you don't know what. Hope she's back to full health asap. xx

Hi Susie. Just popping in to say hello. ;)

Afternoon peeps and a big SMOOCH to all :)

Hugely busy day, as usual, came in to 76 emails after being out of the office on Monday, sigh...Never mind, my main effort is going to be spent on not getting so wound up about work!

Lovely UD today, almost completely Atkins -

B - bacon and eggs and soya latte mmmm
L - turkey and lettuce salad with mayo and a dribble (or four) of mandarin oil - quite possibly my favourite ever lunch!
D - Toulouse sossies and cauli and broccoli mash with garlic butter (burp)
S - homemade apple and rapsberry yoghurt with fresh raspberries

Quick WI this morning shows the downward trend is continuing - but won't count my chickens just yet :)

Orbie sends a big cuddly kiss for all the well wishes, she says to say she can jump up on the bedside bureau now without falling short and looking silly - which just wouldn't do!

Have a good day all xxx

The food - there is too much of it!

Not sure what to do about the UDs, actually - am just home now and do not feel like eating at all!

Evening Susie... Such positive vibes!!! Am SO impressed with your approach and focus!!! You make me feel so proud of you gorgeousness xxx

Back