Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

image-2894229849.jpg

My lovely Ma xxx

Thanks guys, my dad also sent a picture of the headstone - surrounded by lovely flowers - so I have that too.

Just back from seeing the flat. It is a nice flat (could be made much nicer) and not as small as the pictures indicate - but the outside space/lack of privacy is the major sticking point and a compromise too far. It's ground floor and on the corner, in the middle of a huge new development so it's very public, with lots of people walking past and looking in just while we were there. There's no garden at all for Orby and the 'balcony is only about two feet deep so only just room to put one chair (sideways) in.

So, a "no" on this one - but will be very nice for someone.

Feeling really unwell today - dizzy spells and a bit sicky - really want to avoid any bugs for a while!

Felt better once I ate - strange, I'm not the fainting sort, but thought I was going to at one point today..

Anyways - I have A Plan!

I know I can get the home I want down the coast but the commute is the hurdle I don't like - so my grad intern is going to house-and-Orbit-sit next month and I'm going to hire an apartment for a week and try the commute out - by train and coach. I really hope the coach works out because it's soooooo much cheaper than the train - £16 return, as opposed to £50.

As long as I have a reasonably reliable wifi connection via a dongle, the boss says I can arrive in the office whenever I feel like it (he's so lovely!). So am sure the time will fly by, with work - and reading! Four hours a day of enforced reading - how magic would that be! :D

That is a really good idea Susie, sorry to hear u felt bad today, i keep getting dizzy too, sure its probably my age xx

I commute 4 hrs 1 day a week most weeks - for me it's exhausting but I do get exhausted very easily. Definitely worth testing out how it will work for you before making the decision - very smart plan - and a wee little holiday, too!

Good idea Susie. I get dizzy spells, apparently another side effect of menopause. I must make the effort to go to the doctors for repeat bloods. Was meant to do it in April but can't see the point of going there if I'm not ill lol - you can catch all sorts in those places!! :D

Oooh I hadn't connected it with menopause, wonder if that was it? I feel fine today, and luckily the worst of totm has passed.

However, can't say the same for my fridge freezer which gave up the ghost in the night, and I came out this morning to a huge pool of water!

Of course the freezer was full, so have food everywhere and am WFH while I wait for delivery of a new one this afternoon. They don't build things to last anymore, do they?

Hi susie :wavey: bummer on the fridge
Otherwise enjoy the journey on the flat hunting - think rental idea is brilliant
Xxx

I would cry if I lost all the contents of my freezer, but prob would be a good thing, I am sure I have lots of things that should have been eaten a long time ago x

Actually what irrits me the most is that the cleaner came yesterday and the flat was looking lovely and clean.

Today - it's a tip....

What's the rule on refreezing protein? I know you can't refreeze chicken but is it the same for turkey and red meat?

I don't know the rules on referring I'm afraid. Don't suppose you can try a neighbor and see if they have any freezer space? What a 'mare.

No worries hun - I've been cooking everything up, so the NEW fridge (which arrived about an hour ago, thank goodness) is full to bursting :D

So that's today's mini drama over with :)

Morning :) glad ur new fridge has arrived

When I was pregnant I had a habit of leaving the fridge door open and going out all day lol

Never mind about the flat, there will be plenty more

Have a lovely day xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Stef and morning all :)

Nice start to the day, cup of tea in bed with a book, Orbit curled up beside me awwwww :) She was hilarious last night, rolling onto her back then shooting me a coy look to say "Look how cute I am, Mummy".

I was thinking of going to Oxford Street - they are pedestrianising it just for the day - but it's too cold and foggy, and I'd only spend money on non essentials for myself, so stuff it :D

Perfect start to the day x I have just opened the door to my 3 cats, one has dived under quilt, one wants to sit on my chest!! The other wants nothing to do until he has been fed!!

Back