Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Sorry to hear you're still not 100%, Susie. I rarely get ill, but when I do it's usually at this time of year - lack of sun probably weakens us, then the germs can move in :( EMV sounds like a good plan, though...I approve! :D If there's one thing I definitely have to say for Atkins it's that it has forced me to eat more veg than at any other time in my life - I really should look like a cabbage by now, lol - and I'll bet that's upped my consumption of vitamins and minerals no end, and improved my overall health as a consequence.

Thanks for linking to that article, btw. I don't really understand it tbh because I can be soundly in ketosis but still get very, very hungry. The effect in terms of appetite-suppression is not one that lasts indefinitely (for me, anyway).

I'll be interested to see what, if anything, comes of that research.

my that article was interesting!!! i can remember the first time i tried atkins when it got popular over here all the critics poopooed it and villified poor old doctor atkins oh how he must be laughing in his grave

We're eating pioneers :) Well not really, lots of people got there first - but it is interesting how more and more people are recognising the benefits of low carbing - even the Daily Fail! :)

Home - and I'm afraid, with a glass of the red "forget all your woes" elixir in front of me. It has been a sh*t of a day, for months I've been asked to do all sorts of comms work and not press, then today was slammed for a drop in media coverage. So frustrated I could cry.com! They have obviously mistaken me for Super Woman...

However, I will pull my socks up and think of a way round it. There's always a way. There has to be!

its so frustrating when you bend over backwards at work and all you get is unappreciated!! nice glass of vino xx

Enjoy the wine, sounds like you need it!

I saw the daily mail article about ketones earlier. It left me a bit confused to be honest, why do we need to drink ketones when we can turn our bodies into a ketone burning machine just by eating Atkins-style, it's not like it's that hard to get into ketosis!? Whilst i appreciate ketones may make it easier and give some people a boost, i can't imagine it being as effective as going down the Atkins route. Plus i bet it will cost a small fortune when the ketones become available.

Interesting article, I am still at the stage where I have to defend the diet ( have no weight loss as proof as yet)
Sorry your day was so **** in work, love the I can solve it attitude x x enjoy the red!!!

I don't think raspberry ketones are the same thing. They're another product where because there's a tiny amount of an active ingredient in something, the manufacturers make claims for their products that you'd have to take 1000 times the recommended dose to see any slight result - similar to carb blockers.

The article reads like a good advert for Atkins to me!

Sorry to hear you've had a stressy day Susie. You will indeed find a way.

Thanks for your kind thoughts ladies - I decided there was no point in doing a meltdown, so am a bit more chilled about it all today.

Found out today that someone who works on my floor lives in St Leonards, she's back in the office tomorrow so am going to ask her how she gets on with the commute - because yesssss St L is back on the home finding agenda, commute or not. I had a good long chat yesterday with the biggest London housing association about shared ownership and the stark reality is that I wouldn't be allowed anything bigger than a one bed flat, none of which come with gardens.

So shared ownership is out. Buying on the open market is also out. Which leaves buying outside London the only option left to me.

I was chatting with a friend about it last night, and she pointed out the obvious - that even though I love my job in London, why don't I look for work in East Sussex, then the commute wouldn't be an issue...which is a very good point. Then in a weird coincidence, I had two job agencies call me today, so I mentioned it to them and they are both going to canvas employers down there and see what they come up with.

So, I am going to try the commute out in December and see what it's like.

ohhh that all sounds quite exciting, or at least i'm sat here bouncing with excitement on your behalf, lol. If you get a job near your ideal place to live, well that's all just perfect.. got all my fingers crossed for you.

LOL it's strange but because I've been thinking about it for so long now (nearly three years since I went down there to look at a flat!), I don't feel excited at all.

But I will do soon - because a date has been set! My lovely intern is going to babysit Orbit Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 December, and I'm just waiting to get the OK from my boss and will then book this - Self catering apartment rental, St Leonards on Sea with walking, beach/lake nearby, log fire, balcony/terrace, TV, DVD.

It's close to where I will pick up the coach, so will give me a taste of what it's like :)

Ooh and it looks like a lovely apartment Susie. Can't wait to see how you find it.

Evening Susie, I can understand the not getting excited bit, you have had so many let-downs in the housing stakes that you are bound to feel a bit jaded by it all - hope the trial commute give you a new perspective and that the agencies come up with something for you - and ya boo sucks to the idiots at work who make you do stuff outside your remit and then wonder why other things aren't up to your usual mega standards xxx

Awww thanks Brennie xxx

Well, Lovely Boss has given his blessing, so the apartment and coach tickets are all booked!

It'll be lovely to have a little adventure before Christmas, and it will also be great to check the area out at night.

LOL good point! There's one just around the corner from the flat I nearly bought - and I still have that flat in mind, it's perfectly located, they will take £125k for it and there's plenty of space.

Could even think about getting a lodger...

Those house prices sound amazing when you're used to London, don't they. Wouldn't get a shoebox for that here and certainly no room to swing orbit ;) plus you'd be by the beautiful sea...

Back