Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning, your living dramas continue, but maybe buying where you live now would solve all your problems....you seem to like the area.
Re the flax porridge, I had it for the first time today and liked it and I don't really like flax. I used smileys receipe flax, cream and water. I used 15 gr flax, 30 ml cream and 90 ml water with sweeter to taste, I also added vanilla.

Thanks Sammy, I'll give that recipe a go tomorrow.

My life is like a soap opera at times, it's true. I'll see what the valuation comes back at - if it's round £165K it could be a goer.

At least Orbit would be happy not to move - and it would save having to take internal doors off to get the sofa out and over the side of the Tesco wall, through their car park and back round to the moving truck! :D

afternoon
Cheeky landlord he could have told you! would be ideal though if you could buy it save a load of hassle with the sofa!
whats the suprise in the curry then?! x

The surprise is I don't know what's going to be in it :D

Oh boy oh boy am I in K big time - and quite suddenly too. I was just in a meeting licking my lips thinking "Why are they all sticky?", and "Why do I have a manky taste in my mouth?" - then I went to the loo - DING - the light finally went on :D

Also just got my delivery from Natural Low Carb. I got - chocolate brownie &g carbs - definitely to be saved as a treat!), smoky bacon crunch (0.1g - tried one, like a light pork scratching but with a bacony flavour), Almoats (5g per pack - expensive but you can make it with hot water - will report back tomorrow), raspberry nut bar (3.7g each), soups (pea and pancetta, mushroom, broccoli and blue cheese - much higher than I thought carbwise, 2g per 100 - up to 4.2g per 100 - my mistake was not realising it was per 100g - because everything else is per pack!), seed and berry cluster (5g per pack - be nice to have with flax porridge) - and least but not least - cake in a tin, made with Ground Almonds, Eggs, Chicory Fibre, Erythritol, Butter, Natural Flavouring 0 about 7g each).

Don't think I'll shop there again, bit too high in carbs (compared to things like our own almond cake) and expensive too - but nice to try once, and to have lunch backups in the desk :)

Can't believe your landlord didn't tell you himself!!

Something crunchy; buy processed cheese slices, cut into small squares, microwave for 1 minute. They come out like cheese crisps and even faster than making the Parmesan ones.

Definitely agree re your test products - I bought all that kind of stuff my first couple of times on Atkins but had no self control with it once it was in the house and it contributed to stalling/carb creep - this time around I've found out I can make just as nice things at home for lower carbs with better ingredients and just make one portion.

Micro almond cake is pretty handy for lunches - I split the mix into silicon cupcake moulds when I want something to take with me for lunch.

Afternoon all

Mad, mad day here - just having breakfast now! :) I can report back that the almond oats are very nice, actually, shame they are so expensive. But great to have them in my desk so I can avoid carby temptations. Still not feeling hungry today, nearly did a fasting day, but got a bit sleepy so needed some fuel in the belly :)

Hey LadyFel! (I feel we should be friends because we are both LADIES lol) Well done on the awesome weight loss, half a stone! I've been reading up on your diary, and I know it was a few pages ago, but I loved your plan for changing your life..Laziness is a big problem for me as well lol! I think that's why it's so important to get something out of exercise, apart from just the exercise itself..I started Zumba to lose weight, but I love dancing and have a laugh doing it, which is what has kept me going. Visiting the gym on the other hand is so boring, my short attention span often gangs up with my laziness and normally wins lol.

That was my roundabout of saying..have you ever tried Zumba lol?

Wishing you the best of luck for 2013 and a Happy New Year :0)

LadyB xx

Morning, I hope today is less hetic and you get get to have breakfast at a normal time!

Hey LadyFel! (I feel we should be friends because we are both LADIES lol)

LOL absolutely! Alas the zumba will have to wait until I lose a bit more and get the walking plan underway, otherwise it might kill me :D

Morning all

Happy to say that the park has been visited (sorry if tmi :D), and had a cracking night's sleep.

My low carb challenge for this week is to conquer the breakfast problem. I don't (can't?) get up early enough to cook and eat bacon and eggs, so I'm going to make up a frittata or egg muffin, and some flax bread, tonight, so at least there's something I can take. But am going to see if I can borrow a microwave from another office to heat up one of the soups - pea and pancetta. Not your usual breakfast fodder, but I'm starving!

B - soup (very nice actually)
L - ham salad
D - forgot to take meat out to defrost so not sure, maybe a Mattesons with spinach

Hope you're nice and warm wherever you are!

ALERT - Just got an email from the LCM to say Da Vinci syrups are in the store!

Last edited:
Morning Susie!

Yay for the park and the sleep - makes you feel a lot more perky, doesn't it? :D

Breakfast can definitely be a struggle on Atkins, especially if you have no access to a microwave - why doesn't your office have one, by the way?

I tried to get used to having savoury for breakfast - did it for several months back at the beginning - but it just isn't what I want first thing in the morning, and I was never going to stick to it. I've taken to making up a MIM mix overnight so that all I have to do in the morning is beat an egg and chuck it in, then microwave for a minute or so and I'm done - that's about as much cooking as I can handle when I've just woken up, lol!

Anyway, hope you get it sorted - making up food overnight definitely seems the way to go if you struggle with mornings (I'm right with you there!)

good morning Lady Su, and hello after a long time absent for me, i was a bit confused reading the posts for the the last day or so i forgot what the park referred to and was imagining you wandering around the park lol oh my... i have gone even blonder if that is an excuse!

Ha, it's not just you Tracey, I thought Susie really was considering a late night walk through a London park!!
Susie, I find psyllium husks morning and evening really keeps me walking in the park.

LOL ladies, really you don't NEED to know my park walk situation - but I do like to share all of life's little troubles :D And thx Smiley, I like using spinach for that side of things, encourages me to eat the stuff :)

Perky - yes, Scrummie, that's a good way to describe me this morning, happily :D

I have to say I prefer a savoury breakfast, so once I get myself organised (the magic word!), it should be better. I've got the two estate agents coming round to value the flat tonight, so once they are gone I'll get stuck in to a bit of cooking.

I can't wait to hear what their valuation will be - buying the place could solve a whole lot of hassle, and I was thinking about how it could be improved to use the space better. Cross fingers!

Just did an LCM order and got three of the syrups - caramel, gingerbread and peanut butter - for use in the chocolate bark, over homemade ice cream or cream cheese, and in coffees mmmmmm :)

Yes, I got the lcm email too, but really should use up the 4 I've already got before ordering more. Although v tempted by raspberry and the white choc one.

Given how many things from LCM I have thrown away (this morning I poured out walden farms caramel and choc syrups, their caramel dip and davincis English toffee flavour and have in the past poured out their white choc flavour - both had a nasty aftertaste to me) I shouldn't be ordering more, but couldn't help picking up a few to try while they're in stock - peanut butter, hazelnut and pancake - anyone tried those? Would like to try the banana but it's getting too expensive.

I have orange and egg nog - and like them both - so have high hopes of the next three :D

But I do only use them sparingly - mainly because of the cost! I emailed the US maker the other day about special UK deliveries, just because LCM was always out of stock - waiting to hear back from the lady who does UK business.

For what it's worth I love the Irish coffee flavour, quite like toffee, not too keen on egg nog and find coconut has very little flavour.

Back