Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

LOL wash your mouth out, I love a bit of Marple and Poirot, me! :D

Well the mushrooms were VERY garlicky, lucky I'm not going anywhere tomorrow :). I'm getting some chicken out now to defrost so I can try half with the almond flour coating and half with pork scratchings. Cor it's a hard life, eh? :D

And thx re the cookbook, perhaps one is enough for now :)

I was in your area for the Olympic equestrian events Susie. So so lovely. It was my first time in Greenwich, amazingly, but I must go back. Lots of lovely markets and the like.

Afternoon all

Woke early to see more snow falling, then tea and (almond) toast, then curled back up in bed and had more lovely sleep -the perfect Sunday :)

Think I actually prefer toast made from flax, but a little cheese and marmite went down very nicely anyway.

L - chicken curry
D - Pork belly strips and sauteed cabbage

Must get moving and make some pie for work! :)

The snow has been coming down thick and fast for a while, and Orbs had a bit of a play in it - but now we're toasty warm inside, with some lovely classical playing and a sense that all is right with my world :)

Shame about work tomorrow...at least I can walk there if need be. Have been meaning to get some snow boots for ages, it can get a bit sore on the ankles in regular lace ups.

What happened, Tracey? Never mind, hun, I'll keep you company on induction :) I had some 85% dark choc last night, two pieces are about 3.6g and really hit the spot! :D

I had a toasted flax mim this morning too, Susie. I think I actually say in my almond bread recipe that I find flax better for toast, almond better for that white bread effect. Flax just tastes so nice when it's just on the cusp of burning...

I don't have great success when I toast the flax (or almond) bread - tried toaster bags this morning, but it still undercooks some bits and chars others - how do you do yours?

I wallop it under the grill in the oven at a high heat - you could also dry fry it in a pan? Toast never comes out totally evenly colored though, especially not the kind you cut yourself.

The snow has been coming down thick and fast for a while, and Orbs had a bit of a play in it - but now we're toasty warm inside, with some lovely classical playing and a sense that all is right with my world :)

Shame about work tomorrow...at least I can walk there if need be. Have been meaning to get some snow boots for ages, it can get a bit sore on the ankles in regular lace ups.

What happened, Tracey? Never mind, hun, I'll keep you company on induction :) I had some 85% dark choc last night, two pieces are about 3.6g and really hit the spot! :D

Sounds like a lovely day. Similar to mine in fact. Ain't life grand?

It certainly is, lovely :)

I've actually done something today lol - cooked up a cabbage, half for the cheeseburger pie and half for dinner tonight.

Also did a cauli, half is now rice (crikey it makes such a mess, must try the blender recipe one of these days) and half is now mash, about to join chicken tandoori and be brought together happily ever after in my tummy :D I know rice would make more sense but I fancied some mash, suits the weather :)

Yummm to the chicken tandori :D

We have had no snow since friday!! Probably come down tonight just in time for skool tomorrow lol

Have a fab eve xxx

Hi suse sounds like a perfect day, menu sounds lovely. I'm liking cabbage right now too and having with everything. I think I need to head to recipes and get educated on flax, mims and almond toast to add variety, right now it's all lean and green for me bar a SS bar now and again.

Busy you'll like the Mims hopefully - the basic flax bread is quick - but Katie's oven flax bread is yummy :)

Change of dins for me, the cheeseburger pie smelled so yummy when it was cooking, I had a slice of that (put cabbage and mushrooms in it), with courgetti fried in lemon oil and with a tsp of pesto on top! :D

I am comfortably full (and a little sleepy) but it was really delish, and there's plenty left for lunches this week :)

Now for back to back Psych :D

Morning, your menu for yesterday sounds delish, I must make cheeseburger pie sometime.

Back