Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning all :)

Sammy you must make the pie, it's really nice and very filling!

Easy enough to get to work today, apart from unblemished two foot deep snow outside my flat, but hitched my trews up and I was fine :D

B - BLT without the bread
L - pie and salad
D - the pork belly strips I didn't have last night

Jumped on the scales for a sneaky peek and they have shot back up again! I wonder if I'm having too much veg, or not enough water, or just eating too much? I know I'm keeping my fats high, I'm not having anything with citric acid in it and I only have cheese or flax every other day - although I do like my mayo and have that every day...

What do you guys think?

Doesn't look like you're eating too much, or too many veggies. Are you tracking in MFP? How about drink, are you still off that? Fluctuations are normal obviously but if it's up a lot maybe something crept in inside a ready meal or something? Have you eaten any more of the low carb stuff you bought? Then again odd things can affect people - yogurt made me gain for instance.

I gave up MFP tracking because I felt I was getting a bit OCD about it - but maybe that's what I need to do....

You just reminded me, I did have more of the low (or not so low, as it turns out) carb stuff, and I did have a few (cough) red wines on Friday night - so they must be the culprits.

But no matter - the New Me says keep on keeping on! And maybe I'll be lucky and be able to shake it off before Friday WI :D

Could put my head down and sleep right now...

Sounds like water fluctuations to me, just keep going ;).

Keep on going susie I know you can do it!
Have you tried not to peek at the scales as much, if you leave it a week it's more accurate. I was always doing it and if I sts or put on I'd be in a terrible mood and go and spoil it by eating something stupid. I try really hard now not to jump on every 5 mins and stick to fri weigh ins. X

As said I bet it's just water weight from the wine/low carb goodies - a few days of solid induction and you'll shake that off by Friday for sure. Go new Susie!

What would be your choice of cleanest and greenest meals for B L and D, guys? Always nice to hear how others would do it.

Made a concerted effort on the water today and I've just finished the 2nd litre...

And bought the hot 'n lock pots (was it Sammy or Scrummie who found them on Amazon - anyway, thanks!) - sadly, I got the last one but looks like it might be the answer - cheeseburger pie always nice but would be SO much better hot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0062PA11K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Last edited:
I agree with losing it, probably just water!!

Well done for not giving up :) ur doin brill xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the kind words, as always! :)

Home now without falling over and ready to eat anything! But will be patient and wait for the pork belly slices to cook in the oven.

Catching up on the diaries, I agree with what is said before....water weight... Congrats to the new Susie who won't give up. Just imagine how much more you will enjoy your hols in the summer.

What would be your choice of cleanest and greenest meals for B L and D, guys? Always nice to hear how others would do it.

Any combo of

Meat
Eggs
Oils
Allowable dairy
Allowable veg

Really. I'm going for a clean and green day today myself. No sweeteners, nothing fancy - flax is allowable but not almonds. Rhubarb fine but not berries etc.

Do you like rhubarb? Stewed rhubarb & cream might be a nice breakfast, and you could add a dash of boiling water at work to top the heat up more.

Thx hun - you got me thinking - more sauteeing in butter and less mayo, maybe, and see how I get on on Friday.

And I love rhubarb! It's so expensive here though :( But does sound yummy for brekkie :) Can't wait for my hot pots to arrive!

I'm a bugger for weighing daily too LadyFel, it's become a mad compulsion that I can't seem to get away from..and it's true it does you no good...what if we made a pact not to weigh ourselves, except on a Sunday ? Maybe that would help? :-S

B xx

Thanks love, that's really sweet :)

Sounds like a great incentive to do it together - so will move mine to Sunday morning - and no sneaky peeks until then! :D

Morning all

Very foggy and cold here today, would love to wfh but if the boss can make it from darkest Kent, then I can surely go 15 mins up the road lol.

B -bacon and 1 egg (my last one argghh - shop due tomorrow night)
L - pie and salad
D - chicken curry and cauli rice

Rug up warm, everyone!

Oooh nasty! I don't know how he does it, tbh, he gets up at 5am every morning...very conscientious person!

Right, better get myself organised xxxx

I imagine you are glad now that you have decided not to make the move to the coast...any word on the flat?

Back