Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Evening all

Forgot to post my menu -

L - bacon and eggs, lots of tea
D - chicken fillet dipped in egg and flax (a la losingit) with sauteed cabbage and leek - and it was delish! A slightly crunchy coating, which I baked in the oven for 30 minutes, then I squeezed a little lemon juice over it, with mayo
S - s/f jelly

I've been reading up a lot today on menopause and these awful night sweats to see if there is a diet response to it - and most seem to point to 5:2 as really relieving the flushes and night drenching that is currently making me a bit miserable. So from tomorrow I am going to try low carb for the 5 days and 500 cals for the fasting days, with courgette soup featuring bigtime :)

Evening all

Forgot to post my menu -

L - bacon and eggs, lots of tea
D - chicken fillet dipped in egg and flax (a la losingit) with sauteed cabbage and leek - and it was delish! A slightly crunchy coating, which I baked in the oven for 30 minutes, then I squeezed a little lemon juice over it, with mayo
S - s/f jelly

I've been reading up a lot today on menopause and these awful night sweats to see if there is a diet response to it - and most seem to point to 5:2 as really relieving the flushes and night drenching that is currently making me a bit miserable. So from tomorrow I am going to try low carb for the 5 days and 500 cals for the fasting days, with courgette soup featuring bigtime :)

I loooooove oopsies. They seem hard to hate, they're so bland. Have you tries Swiss roll/ Swiss pancakes? The recipe is near enough the same.

Menu's looking great for today Susie - I look forward to seeing how the low carb 5/2 goes for you - I hope it helps with the night sweats. For me cutting carbs defo helped with mine, I think I was getting night time hypos. Maybe combining both will do the trick for you xx

I'm sure it's how I made them, will try again one of these days :)

Right, that's the courgette soup made for lunch and in the afternoon, plus a green salad, and then something clever with chicken for dinner - sorted :)

Just having a cinnamon Mim- it could have done with more cinnamon and sweetener, but it'll do :)

I love the Swiss roll..although when OH made it, it was more like a cylinder of whipped cream with an Oopsie and jam coating lol..

I use two splenda mini's in my cinnamon MIM, which seems about right. I like them soaked in butter like a crumpet, or spread with soft cheese :) xx

Well you all know iv always had the oopsies i think i tweeked it a little which improved the texture by putting in an extra egg, i did this because my eggs were not huge, but noticed they were better! I also do them for slightly less time so they are not so 'dark' tasting. It also helps if first you whisk the whites stiff. Then i whip just the yolks so they go light in colour and thicken a bit like a slight mayonaise, then i add salt flax and cream cheese, that loosens the mixture a little but its still better result, then fold the whites into the yolk mix and i bake in fan oven 160 for 25ish mins checking near the end. I make one big rectangle and cut them into bread slices. It doesnt have lots of flavour but i love it as bread for a sandwich.

I'll give it a shot this weekend - for some reason it seems really difficult to make them in my head...

Righto - 'fast' day today.

B - tall coffee with 200g soya milk
L - courgette soup plus salad with tomatoes, little gem and cucumber (total 119 cals, including the milk)
D - not sure yet, possibly tuna

Feeling a little bit peckish, but it's completely manageable and I've got my lovely big coffee to drink first, then lots of water plus vits. Am putting off eating for as long as I can, evenings are my hungry time.

If this helps get rid of the night sweats, then I'll be a happy bunny! :)

Thanks Smiley, it all comes down to planning - but at least it's only twice a week!

Well, it's now 11am and I am feeling pretty hungry, but want to wait until at least 12 before I start having my soup.

Heading towards the end of my first litre of water...:)

Good luck with 5:2, i'm keen to see how you get on. How many calories do you eat on a fast day?

Thanks Diem, very helpful.

Losingit - it's 500 cals a day twice a week, not back to back days :)

Lisa - I will do anything to get rid of these night sweats, bl**dy unpleasant!!!

I'm starving!!!!! :D

Work isn't distracting enough at the moment, I'm afraid - but I've got a big veg dinner coming up - and might add in an egg...

This has been harder than I remember from JUDDD. I've already had 2 litres of water, 2 coffees, a tea and a chicken stock soup as well as my courgette soup and some salad, but I feel very vague and not with it at all (so, no change there then...).

Let's hope it improves - and tomorrow I will make 2 of the meals low carb.

I wish I hadn't just read all this before tea, I'm starving now lol! What has happened to the appetite suppressing effects of ketosis hey?xx

Sorry ladies, I know it can be a bit disruptive to talk about non l/c stuff here! But I like you all too much to leave :D

Am feeling better now, am chewing my way through a bowl of miracle noodles, mushrooms, cauli, tomatoes, spinach and asparagus with some curry powder - and if I want more there's another bowl.

Also counted in two (shhhh) crackerbread with extra light Philly and some jelly - just in case, because night time is munchy time here :)

Have a good dinner!

I feel your pain girls. I don't have night sweats, but do wake up several time with basic hot flushes and have them all day long. Unfortunately alcohol makes them worse. After a week without, I hardly have any :(

Thx lovely xxxx

No I'm doing 5:2 - similar, but just two days a week at 500 cals a day, l/c the rest of the time.

Well something very strange has happened. I have half my salad and my other bowl of noodles still waiting, ditto the crispbread and cheese, ditto the jelly - and 50 spare cals - and I've stopped eating because I'm full :eek:

Quick, someone ring the Daily Fail, that's unprecedented behaviour from me!!!! :D

Back