Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Sounds like a yummy day Susie, I love all the vegetables you manage to cram into your meals. Careful with the carbier things though, you don't want to give yourself cravings on your updays. Sounds like a great start and I hope sleep tonight is lovely and restful.

Oh what a beautiful moooooooorning, oh what a beautiful daaaaaay....

LOL - as you might have guessed, I got a great night's sleep, uninterrupted by night sweats (halle-bl**dy-luyah), although I did have a very odd dream about being in a sexual relationship with Graham Norton :confused::D

Did a sneaky WI and I'm 3lbs down overnight, so will leave the scales alone now until next Monday morning. Early days, but I have to say I do feel a bit more alert than usual - although that could well be the good zzz too. Not feeling too hungry, although I am enjoying breakfast, so will give it a couple of weeks and see how I get on.

And thanks ML - I can never understand people on a low cal thing, when they opt for a bag of crisps - when you could have three steaming bowls of noodles and veg for the same cals! Must get some more miracle noodles, they really filled me up.

Well done, enjoy your eating day....what other day are you fasting on this week?

Hey ! That's great that you haven't had the normal night sweats, do you think its been the change in diet? I've woken up boiling every night for weeks, but last night oddly I didn't, I think the room was a little cooler.

I feel I ought to reprimand you for weighing in early...but I'm just so pleased you've lost 3lbs so fast :) and well done on the mindful eating!

B xx

Reprimand away Batty - we did make a promise, didn't we? :D

Don't think the no sweats was down to diet, I suspect it's too soon - but it was just so nice not to have to get up and change the sheets in the middle of the night :D

No probs -

- top and tail three courgettes, cut into small chunks and throw in large-ish saucepan
- add a cup of water and simmer until they have softened up
- take off the heat, add a Knorr herb infusion stock pot and use a hand blender to mix to the consistency you want (I like it with chunks still in it)

You can also add some dried basil, or chilli flakes.

I think I'll try cauli curry soup tomorrow :) Same basic principle.

I got an horrendously carby lunch (thought I'd test the "eat whatever you like on your non fasting days" theory, a la the Panorama show) so I got tuna salad, pasta salad, some wedges (oh lordie) and a boiled egg.

I've had about 5-6 mouthfuls and I am FULL! Like, really full, almost uncomfortably so.

Maybe there's some truth to this feast-famine thing after all....

I was just going to say the same! Whyyyyy? Didn't you test that theory when you did judd before?

Tbh am sure the diet will still help you whether you choose to include carbs or not - but you were doing great low carb!

Eeeeeek! Ok, I suppose I was really just poking my nose into why you went for carbs, but actually that's none of my beeswax so I'm taking my nose back out...

I watched the panorama show but isn't it just Judd with one less fast day? I'm not saying you should do it any one way or the other, it's whatever you're happy with, just thought the plan was to do it low carb.

Funnily enough I was thinking about 5:2 today - my mum does it. Mums never been significantly overweight and she never overeats or binges - so she has no understanding of how my brain works re: food. That's why I suggested 5:2 to her because she really can just do as it says and eat 'normally' on her up days - whereas I think I'd be a 4000 calorie disaster. I don't know what it is in my brain that makes me want a bit of everything all at once, sigh. Atkins is the only way I can eat which doesn't seem to turn into a see food diet - I just wish I could get rid of the part of my brain that makes me turn into a crazy food hoarder when I allow myself to eat 'freely'. If I tried Judd or 5:2 I'd definitely need to calorie count and track on my other days, and I've always been a bad calorie counter when on t'carbs.

One day I will try it anyway and see how it goes. I'm too curious not to.

Poke away, gals, it's good to have friends watching my back.

As far as I can tell online, 5:2 works with virtually any eating plan (except VLCD) - and I will be eating mostly low carb on the feast days.

Just wanted to see what would happen, tbh - and I've ended up throwing most of my lunch out, just couldn't face it.

Dinner (if I can eat it) will be leftover breaded chicken (breaded with flax, I must try it with almond flour) with cauli cheese, I think.

Back