Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

i chose to stick to low carb during my fast diet on my non fasting days also because i didnt want to stop doing low carb, and because of the benefits of not having sugar spikes and hunger pangs i found it so much easier sticking to low carb and not feeling the hunger.. good luck lovelies xx

Hehe, I can get mean when I need to be...*waves reprimanding stick*..did you actually end up eating many carbs in the end though? I can't think that six mouthfuls of anything would be that much. I've also found myself with a tiny stomach when I've gone off plan, carbs are just so stodgy!

So what WOE are you combining with 5:2 hun?is it just general low carbing? And what is all this Judd business?

B xx

Afternoon all

Sneaky WI and I'm another pound down, so hopefully will keep on going down by the end of the week.

Batty - 5:2 is where you eat 500 cals two days a week and whatever you like the rest of the time. Supposed to give long health benefits if you do what they call "feast and famine". Similar woes are JUDDD and alternate fasting.

Got to rush to a meeting, speak later xxx

Will do Lisa :) Is your hot water still not fixed, love?! Come round anytime!

Working from home this afternoon and am just about to have my first food for the day, cauli soup with a sprinkling of curry powder.

Verdict - nice, thick like chowder, although a touch too much curry powder - but half a head makes up a fair few bowls of "soup" so will go easy on the seasoning for the rest of it.

Last edited:
No, got someone coming round tonight to tell me if it's officially knackered and another to give me a quote for a new boiler in the morning where no doubt I will have to sell my soul to pay for it! I can shower at work or the gym but this morning was a kettle of hot water and the bathroom sink lol. I knew all those years of camping and caravanning were good training for something ;)

Hope it's good news re the boiler!

Don't think I'll make cauli soup again, tried a second bowl without seasoning and it tasted like horseradish and made me sneeze! Courgette soup is on the hob as we speak :)

Sneaky WI and I'm another pound down, so hopefully will keep on going down by the end of the week.

Okay..now no more weighing till weigh-in day miss! Think how much more exciting it would be to add that pound, the 3lbs from yesterday and all that you lose in the week wrapped up in one big present for Sunday!

It's a shame the cauli curry soup didn't turn out as expected, I thought that sounded gorgeous - but curry powder is easy to overdo. What about making a green thai curry-cauliflower soup?

So now you're on 5:2, you'll be eating whatever you want on the non fasting days? Carbs and all? I'll have to remember that when you cook something that sounds really tasty!

B xx

LOL yes too true Batty - I won't go near the scales now :)

Will do low carb on my non fasting days - tomorrow will be something like berries and l/c yog; chicken salad and then cheeseburger pie for dinner if I can be bothered to make it.

We may have hot water by tomorrow night courtesy of a new immersion heater which will give me some grace on sorting the boiler. I can count on one hand the number of times I have left the house without washing my hair in the last 20 years, just glad it's shoulder length at the mo and I can tie it up! Sorry for posting on your diary sweetness but mine has disappeared into the ethos as I haven't bothered updating because I'm not on a plan at the mo, unless you include the stuff yourself plan, so don't feel I can expect any support.
But GO SUSIE! You're doing it babe xx

Post away hun! In fact, Orby just said she's happy to share with her lovely Auntie Lisa, so will add your name to the title so it's your thread too :)

So glad you'll be able to have a lovely long shower tomorrow - awful doing without it for any length of time.

Lisa of course people still care and are interested - whether you're doing Atkins or not!

Tomorrow's plans sound yummy Susie and you're off to a fab start with this, well done xxxx

Keep posting Lisa, you will get your mojo back....

Aw thanks Susie and everyone for your kind words :D I'm wfh today. First quote has been done and just awaiting the second. Trev's gone to the gym to have a shower, and a work out of course lol.

Back