Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi, I hope you had a good night, did you resist the wine?

How was the evening lovely? I avoided the wine on your behalf lol. Got home last night and could hear drip, drip, drip. The eejits had left a valve open! Called them out as an emergency and a chap arrived about 3 hours later, turned a screw and it stopped. Have noticed a stain appearing on the kitchen ceiling below it this morning so that's another thing I will complain about tomorrow when they come back to attempt to sort out why the new boiler wont actually switch off!! So the saga continues - nothing is ever straightforward when you live in a 140 year old house lol.

Hello All - Sorry to hear about the flat Susie, and the boiler Lisa - houses are a nightmare - I would like to live in a tent in a field if it were warm enough. Weight, don't mention it, every time I get my head back in some fecker comes and tosses my karma again..........

Love and hugs to you all xx

Hi all

I did have a few wines last night but didn't go mad :) Nice evening, but not late.

Love and big hugs Brennie, you've got so much going on, I'm not surprised your focus is temporarily elsewhere xxx

Sorry you've got yet more boiler problems Lisa, hope it gets sorted tonight! Well I have good news, the owner has agreed to pay for the knotweed removal, so I should be able to get the mortgage ok now. Just got the damp/timber and electrical surveys to come now, tomorrow and Saturday, so cross fingers they don't throw up anything too expensive! Hopefully everything will be sorted by May, if not before, and I can then get Lisa's lovely stepson to sort out the new kitchen.

And because I'm made of money, a mate and I are booking a holiday to Turkey in May as well - From Istanbul to Ephesus | Introduction | Voyages Jules Verne - we both love a bit of history, and I've wanted to go to Istanbul for years :)

Hey Bren! Know where you're coming from my lovely :ashamed0005: Are you at home today waiting for men Susie? :D Holiday looks very cultural.
My news is that a new grandson arrived safely this morning :D (not from Jake lol) And I can't do any work due to the supplier suffering from lack of oxygen to the brain and cocking everything up so having to give them an hour or so to sort themselves out before I place any orders. So far I've been on FB, read the news and had a mooch around here lol.

Holiday looks fab Susie! Are you buying the flat your in? Never heard of the weeds but glad your going to be rid of them.

Congratulations on new baby Lisa :)

Great news about the landlord paying for the knotweed. Still keeping my fingers crossed while you get everything else sorted!

Thanks all and just in from a hugely busy afternoon!

Diet is out the window today, just haven't had five minutes to even think about making stuff. Oh well, back to it tomorrow.

Thanks re the holiday, Val, and re the flat, ML - and yes, Val, it is the flat I currently rent. Had the damp survey done today and that went better than expected. Just got the electrical survey on Saturday, and then we should just about be home and dry, if you'll pardon the pun :) The thought of not having to move makes me very happy!

Morning all :)

A lovely spring day here, a sleep in AND I don't have to go to work (like I did yesterday) - so have just caught up on all your news.

Foodwise it has been a dreadful week - carbs galore, including a pizza and pasta, and wine! :eek: I have three months until the plane to Turkey, so will use that as a mini goal - but I know my head isn't in the right place for low carb at the moment, so will try three months of SW, which will be easier to manage on holiday, and see how I get on. It means I can still do a couple of 500 cal days, which I enjoyed much more than I thought. I do feel really alert on them, and sleep better, so they are worth keeping up.

I'll also not have much of a kitchen once the work gets going, so all in all I think SW will be easier to manage around that and my manic work schedule.

Right now, it's time to do the dishes (can't wait until I get a dishwasher!). Lisa, so pleased to hear the boiler and heating situation is all fixed!

Have a lovely day all! xxx

Hope SW goes well, Susie. My mum had lost about half a stone on it in the past few weeks so it def works for some. The Turkey trip sounds great, I had a very enjoyable time there about 8 years ago.

Didn't happen hun, the guy got called away on an urgent - have to rearrange tomorrow...

Not having a kitchen for a while is going to be a challenge - every surface will be covered with things! :)

Morning all

Lovely day and I am feeling very chipper, despite having spent what seemed like half the night having nightmares that Courtney Cox (Friends) was trying to kill me...

I really love this sort of weather - blue skies but still a nip in the air - very uplifting!

Morning lovely. It's a gorgeous day here too. We've had a death at work. Feathers all over one of the lawns and path and a maintenance guy with a bin bag and rake trying to clear it all up!! We were going to point out that it's easier to clear up feathers on the path with a broom but he seemed happy raking them up lol.

it is the flat I currently rent. Had the damp survey done today and that went better than expected. Just got the electrical survey on Saturday, and then we should just about be home and dry, if you'll pardon the pun :) The thought of not having to move makes me very happy!

That is good news Susie, I'm sure the electrical survey will be fine. How exciting!

Thanks Val - one more survey and then it should be sorted :)

Now I just need to stop buying shoes - I have really wide EEE feet, so when the new season comes in at Shoe Tailor I tend to go mad, because they don't always fit! Bought three pairs which arrived last week - which all do fit - and now put an order in for summer sandals and espadrilles, and this groovy pair - Simply Be Zip Ankle Boots EEE Fit | Simply Be

Back