Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I've got five Da Vinci syrups and realised I could use them up in reduced fat hot chocolate drinks of a night, when I fancy something sweet - gingerbread chocolate, anyone? Mmmmm :)

Lunchtime - AT LAST! :D

I do the same when I have a sweet craving. They last for a couple of years. So handy to have.

I'm cal counting too. Just the easiest thing to do atm and although there is lots of free food on sw, syns add up too quickly. You can have easiyo again yippee I'm eating some vanilla custard flavor now with strawberries, yumm.

Oh yummy! I've got a couple of sachets in the cupboard too :D I love their smaller yoghurt containers too - got a load off eBay.

Re SW I don't understand how they can say pasta and rice are free when you see the calorie contents - they are huge, I had no idea! Mind you, I did take them at their word when they said to eat as much as you wanted LOL.

I know, SW didn't figure that I can eat my body weight in rice and pasta lol.

Just spent way too much time in mfp and founds a fascinating thread. According to this 'road map' calculation I'm eating way to few calories. I also look and feel like crap and hubby even said so. I'm upping mine. Will let you know if it works. :)

It generally seems to be a bad idea to eat under 1200 calories unless you're on a vlcd (and for me personally I think my time on vlcd did a number on my metabolism).

If for no other reason than that our bodies learn to adapt to what we put in it and if it adapts to 1200 and we stall, then we have to cut down to 1000 and then where does it stop? It also makes maintaining harder when your body is used to such low calories. 1500 is a nice comfy number. I think it's better to have occasional higher and lower calories days so your body doesn't get into too set a pattern, rather than cursing along at a very low number.

All speculation though, obviously. I think I'm like everyone else in having tried so many diets and read so many books I can regurgitate lots of useless info at will!

Keep on trucking Susie xx

1500 is a nice comfy number. I think it's better to have occasional higher and lower calories days so your body doesn't get into too set a pattern, rather than cursing along at a very low number. Keep on trucking Susie xx

Thanks hun, that's the basic plan - and if it dips under or over I'm not going to be unhappy :)

Am feeling really proud of myself actually, went to a farewell party and had one small glass of wine - and that was it! :) I'd normally have more at home but calorie counting rules that out, so I had my dinner instead. One glass of wine in seven days, that's pretty good for me! :)

And I had a 15 minute walk this morning! :D

I think that's brill - you don't need alckyhawl to be good time susie!

So true babes - it's just such ingrained habit, going back years and years - so I am feeling really chuffed at the thought of being 'liberated'!

Just had to say, I am having the most delicious hot drink - a l/f hot chocolate with raspberry Da Vinci syrup in it. Oh it's so nice! Mmmm :)

Morning all

I was contemplating trekking to Ikea today but it's 90 mins each way on two buses - and I woke up late anyway :) Might do a little spring clean instead.

Having very strange dreams at the moment, must be all this healthy living :D

Have a good day, all.

I have never ever been to ikea. I really want to though - and not for the famous mysterymeatballs

Yes think I might give the "who knows whats in them" balls a miss! :D

I'm getting my new kitchen from Ikea and really want to go and see some of the cupboards made up, and just get some ideas, really - but I might not tempt fate by going before the flat sale goes through! :)

Lovely lazy Sunday here - doing a little clearing out (and washing sheets/duvets to give to my impoverished grad intern :)).

Really looking forward to WI tomorrow. Initial thoughts are that I have really enjoyed week 1 of CC, and found it a lot easier than I thought (thanks to MFP!).

I've also really enjoyed having things like fruit, yogurt and the occasional piece of carb. I've not missed alcohol at all, which makes me feel very happy, and all in all it seems to suit me.

A long road to go, though, but here's to waving bye to the first stone :) Suggestions for a reward? :D

Morning all

First WI this morning and I've lost a cracking 11.2lbs! :bliss::bliss::bliss:

So happy with week 1, and feel very much in focus to do this in the long term :)

For some reason my ticker won't update though - any fix suggestions?

WOW!!! That's brilliant, Susie! Not far off a stone in just a week - amazing!

I hadn't clocked that you're calorie counting now...what made you decide against Slimming World? And are you calorie counting with a low carb bias, or is it an anything goes approach? I guess what I've been doing for the last 6 months or more is probably better described as "low carb calorie counting" than "Atkins" if I'm honest, and it's been quite effective!

However you're doing it it's working, so keep it up! :D

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiliant Susie!!! So pleased - still feeling good on it??

WOW!!! That's brilliant, Susie! Not far off a stone in just a week - amazing!

I hadn't clocked that you're calorie counting now...what made you decide against Slimming World? And are you calorie counting with a low carb bias, or is it an anything goes approach? I guess what I've been doing for the last 6 months or more is probably better described as "low carb calorie counting" than "Atkins" if I'm honest, and it's been quite effective!

However you're doing it it's working, so keep it up! :D

Thanks hun - am trying to keep it reasonably low carb, but having bread when I feel like it, and porridge for breakfast (easy for work).

I decided against SW because there's no class near me, it's £25 a month which I'd rather save, and I was swayed by another thread on Minis (for people who've got a load to lose, like me), where the biggest losses had come from VLCDs and calorie counting. I so can't do VLCDs, and take my hat off to anyone who can, so I thought I'd try calorie counting, because I'd done Ok on the JUDDD down days.

And what a revelation - I'm actually really shocked at how high in cals SW is, especially if you stuff yourself with pasta, like I used to :eek:. This woe is more sustainable for me, it fits in easily with work, I don't feel like I'm craving anything yet (not even my beloved mayo!) and I'm not chucking out loads of food that no longer fit - just adapting them :)

I'm eating up to 1600 cal a day - it's mostly below that, about 1000 - but I have room to move for those hungry days :)

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiliant Susie!!! So pleased - still feeling good on it??

Feeling really great, thanks hun - don't feel any difference in the bod yet but that will come. I'm trying not to go on about what I'm eating too much here because the woe is so different to low carb, but I'm listing my menus every morning in MFP if anyone wants to see them.

Back