Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Brennie how lovely to see you here! xxxxx

Morning all - just in at work after a very late night, after seeing Cloud Atlas (which I absolutely loved) and then staying up to wait for Orbit, who went on a midnight adventure and didn't come back until 3am groan...

Had a lovely dinner at Frankie and Bennys - steak and salad, and perfectly calorie controlled (they do a Lighter Options menu, clever people).

Cold and misty here, and snow is forecast - blah!

Had a lovely dinner at Frankie and Bennys - steak and salad, and perfectly calorie controlled (they do a Lighter Options menu, clever people).

The world is definitely a friendlier place for calorie-counters than it is for low-carbers!

Hope you're having a good day, Susie (cat-induced sleep deprivation notwithstanding!)xx

Thanks hun

Left work at 5, I could barely keep my eyes open! I got an awful crick in my neck from the movie last night and it's really painful, so it'll be bed and book for me once Mr Sainsburys comes at 8.

REALLY looking forward to dinner! :)

Thanks hun - will be able to do that as soon as I get a bath put in :D (just got a small shower).

For now it's a hot flannel on the neck. But happy days the grocery delivery came really early, so it's all put away now and I can get stuck into my book.

Afternoon all

Neck is still sore and making me feel decrepit, but my insides are feeling very youthful and virtuous, as I've just had a Glowing Green Smoothie :D - the recipe of a Hollywood whole food health goddess type called Kimberley Snyder. It's got spinach, romaine lettuce, banana, apple, celery and lemon juice - google for the recipe :) Filling, too!

Finally used the new blender I've had for months, and it worked beautifully - really does pay to spend a bit more and get a powerful one :)

Nothing much else on the agenda this weekend, might make a vege lasagne and other meals for next week.

Morning all

A lovely sleep in, after a really super dream about my mum, I woke up with a big smile on my face :)

WI tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it, I've had a good week with a few 'treats' this weekend.

Have a great day, all xxx

image.jpg As Crufts is on the TV this must have been 2 years ago! Blimey hasn't it gone quick!

Yoohoo:) popped in to say hello only to find photos of parties - must be time for another one!

Still struggling with the app but manage to get on occassionally to read posts. All well in my world, happily maintaining plus crazy busy life. Must do better
Still loving & living low carb - just waiting for chinese duck takeaway to be delivered and rum & soda in hand

Sounds like you are going great guns Susie - keep it up

Miss you all
Lots of love
Katie
Xxx

Morning all - and Katie, how lovely to hear from you! :D

Good news this morning, I've passed the One Stone mark (not passed A stone) :D

I know we've been here before, but I am very happy with my progress to date, especially as some cookies made their way into the diet yesterday!

Am definitely sleeping better, felt very chipper today and the lady in the cafe this morning said my skin looked lovely :)

Bl**dy cold here though, a few snowflakes but awful wind chill factor! The only answer was to book a holiday to Italy for September :D

Last edited:
Thanks Val :)

It really does feel like things are falling into place for me this time. How are you finding it?

Just to remind us all what blue sky looks like, my brother emailed this pic today, of a remote NZ coastal area he is now working in -

photo.JPG

Great picture! Did I read you've book a trip to Italy? One of my favorite places. I could move to Florence tomorrow!

Where abouts are you going in Italy?

I'm finding it great Susie. Saturday I made mounds of food for mother's day buffet yesterday with 9 of us and even though I overdid it with food and drink, only had one meal yesterday but didn't hold back on anything and only gained a few ounces. Today right back into it.

Yesterday morning pre blow out, I had lost another pound. Hopefully this week will lose it.

Been doing the shred again about 5 times a week and think it's really helping if I do go over a bit.

I'm loving CC! never thought I'd say that. :) Keep warm!

I'm loving CC! never thought I'd say that. :) Keep warm!

I know - me too! It's the flexibility that's so great too :)

Italy is indeed booked (if I can get a single room, still waiting to hear) - this one in September - Heart of Italy Coach Tour | Shearings Holidays - which includes a visit to Cortona - and if you've seen Diane Lane in Under the Tuscan Sun, you'll know why I MUST go there :D

And then in October I'm hoping to do this one - Rimini & the Adriatic Coast | Tours | Leger Holidays

Woohoo!!!! Susie's back on her Italian scooter :D :character00201:

Hi Susie, glad to see you are doing so well! I often dream about my mum & dad. I once said to my dad 'you do know you're dead, don't you?' He replied 'I know, but I can still come back for a chat can't I?'. Brilliant answer, made my dream! :D

Back