Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning all

Still feeling all churned up today, but there's nothing else for it but to climb back on the property search horse - so brace yourselves for more links.

Otherwise, all good, eating plan going really well, and another 2lbs overnight, despite three of Mr Fox's Ginger Creams because I was feeling so depressed about the flat :eek:

Have a good day, and wrap up warm.

Sorry about the flat susie, I always think things happen for a reason and somewhere there's a perfect place for you and orbit!
Well done on your loss! Xx

Oh I am sorry. What a gut wrenching disappointment. I agree though that things happen for a reason, you are destined for better things.

Hello susie, so sorry to hear about the flat, you must be devastated!
I buy the low low cheese from either asda or morrisons but I would be surprised if the other big supermarkets don't sell it. There are cheese spreads, the cracked black pepper one is lovely and makes great sauce. There are also cheese slices and burger slices, the spread looks like this .
Hope you find some! X

Attachments

• image-3238711740.jpg
    image-3238711740.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 39
Thanks Sandra

I completely forgot to look in Sainsburys last night, and only Asda seems to do it for delivery...might have to travel for it, a creamy cheese sauce would be yummy! :)

Morning all

So don't feel like working today, so am busy typing away here and sounding industrious :D

Had a blip last night - cold, a bit down about the flat and hungry - not a good combo for healthy eating, and the full fat hideously calorie heavy lasagna I'd made was calling my name. Ate until I was full and then just kept on going...ridiculous, really, but am back on CC today so hopefully should still show a loss at tomorrow's WI.

Was going to St Leonards on Saturday to look at the flat but snow is forecast everywhere! So postponed until next Thursday.

The SE London forecast is for snow and sleet on Saturday, hun, and much as I love the coast, I don't fancy getting stuck for the weekend without Orbit to keep me warm :)

A good day eating wise until I got home, another attack on the contents of the fridge! Oh dear...

Quiet in here, isn't it? Wonder what has happened to everyone? :confused:

Oh susie! I want to come over and dig up your garden myself!

On the other hand, the landlord is unlikely to be able to sell until he's sorted the weeds out so maybe you'll still be able to sort something out, and in the meantime you can keep your eyes and your options open.

Glad to see the cc is going so amazingly well - SO pleased for you!

Thanks hun - I'm really pleased with the freedom CC gives me. WI day has been pushed back to Fridays, and I've lost another 2.8lbs, so that's a total of 20lbs in a month - so chuffed with that. Plus my BMI has come down 4 points :D

Oh - interesting side effect of losing weight - my ring just fell off and went down the toilet!

Re a home of my own, I have decided that it's the coast for me this time, properly! My boss is convinced it's the right move for me, and just emailed to ask if I'd arranged a viewing on the flat yet - "I shall harass you until you do it", he said - bless :)

If I'm having so much trouble getting finance for my current flat, then so will everyone else as/when I come to sell - and I just don't want that hassle.

I worked out that adding the cost of a flat down in St L and commuting for 10 years is still much cheaper than buying my current flat. The commute also has got better, they've put some faster trains on so it's 2 hours door to door in the morning, and 1h45 in the evening. I'd spend most of that time working on the tablet, watching movies or reading, so I'm sure it'll fly by. Feeling much more positive about it, actually - so, as we have said before here during my many flat dramas, it's meant to be.

And thanks re the CC - I am really enjoying it, particularly the yogurt and fruit, and a wider range of veg than induction - plus the bread shhhh :)

Hope everyone is wrapped up warm!

Last edited:
I commute for a couple of hours each way twice a week - just about kills me but that's because I have a very weak constitution, the journey itself doesn't feel as long as it is and I get a lot of reading done.

20lbs in a month is unbelieeeeeveable! Amazeballs! I'm getting out my pompoms and cheer leading up and down your street - that is FAB - stick to it!!

20lbs in a month is unbelieeeeeveable! Amazeballs! I'm getting out my pompoms and cheer leading up and down your street - that is FAB - stick to it!!

Thanks babes :D it does seem to be going well - and the naughty moments don't have such an adverse effect!

Is that the most u have ever achieved consistently ?

Just about sweetie, another 7lbs and we're in unchartered waters! :eek:

Susie, you made the right choice in not going to the coast - very heavy snow here!

Phew, that was lucky! is it coming down heavily? Snowing here too - so I am happy to curl up indoors and do SFA this weekend :D The friend I'm going to Turkey with is coming over tomorrow, and I'm also expecting the two lovely young fresh faced things who will hopefully be Orbit-sitting when I'm away.

Hey - once I move, you'll be able to come visit (if that's not too scary a thought lol) :)

Great on the 20lbs Susie, amazing! Move to the coast does sound nice. :)

Thanks Val - fate does seem to be pulling me in that direction, doesn't it? Cor just imagine all the books I'll get through on the train! Which e-reader do you have? I have an older Sony, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a touch model - or I could just use the tablet LOL. So many gadgets, so little time...

So, a quiet day for me today - am going to roast some tomatoes in a mo and make some pasta sauce to have with spinach and l/f mozzarella that needs using up.

Also pondering whether to buy a car! It's a lovely Beetle convertible, dark blue, 10 years old but good mileage. I've had the HPI checked (all fine) and am just waiting for the dealer to get an MOT sorted (Monday) and will then get a full AA inspection on it. If there are no problems reported from the AA report, then they can deliver to me from Chester for £300 - which I think is brilliant! I've had a Beetle before so I know how they feel to drive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370760368746&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Last edited:
Back