Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi, you are getting great losses, well done.....seat belt extended will be a thing if the past. The lasagne sounds lush, I have earmarked the receipe.

Well done susie great news on the loss, and loving the sound of the car. Where abouts are you going in turkey? :)

Whereabouts are you going in turkey? :)

Istanbul, Troy and Ephesus - it's this one From Istanbul to Ephesus | Itinerary | Voyages Jules Verne

Can't wait, especially as there may be sunshine there!

Good start to the morning, another pound down - official WI is Friday but it's all looking good so far :) What I love is that I've just been offered a chocolate, and I can have it as long as I count it in my allowance. Everyone at work is so supportive, and the maths brainbox here has worked out that each choc is 63 cals each :) But I might finish my oats first before I have it :)

Have a good day, all!

Morning all

A busy day - lots of media reports to write this morning and then it's off to St L to look at the flat - feeling very excited, actually, nice to have that feeling about house hunting again :)

Speak later, cherubs xxx

Reporting back - the flat was great, needs some decorating (the yellow walls AND ceiling in the living room have to go!) but nothing Lisa's boy can't handle :)

And the result is - the offer has been made - and accepted instantly, with both of us wanting a quick sale. My solicitor has already seen the lease, so shouldn't be any surprises there, and I scoured the garden for any sign of knotweed! :)

It does have a pond though, with Koi fish - not sure how Orbit would get on catching them, they are bigger than she is! :D

So - cross fingers everyone that this one goes through...

Blooming cold out there, get yourselves indoors and pour a glass of something nice. I am going to have a small glass of wine in a moment (first one in 5 weeks) to celebrate :)

WOW you fast mover you! I visited my gran today and we watched an escape to the country in bexhill which is near st Leonard's I think. As a result I've been poking around looking at flat rentals on the east Sussex coast. Beautiful there! Is there a link to see the flat?

Great Susie, Hope everything goes through for you.

Are you buying or renting?

Is there a survey you can see or do you have to have one done?

Enjoy your wine. :)

Morning all

LOL thanks for posting the link, Lisa, that's it! :)

Val - I'm buying - or trying to! :) Will need to get another survey done but at least I don't have to pay the broker again! And I feel completely at peace about it all, a strong feeling of it being the right thing to do :)

ML, I'm a big believer in the three second rule -you know immediately if it's going to be right for you or not :) i walked in to a really wide hallway and a sense of home ahhh :)

Bexhill is just 15 mins away. Rents in the area are super cheap, you can get a cracking seaview flat for under £400 a month, especially if you don't need a garden. It's lovely there, a pretty much unspoilt seaside area - where people still talk to each other :eek::D. There's a huge Morrisons in Hastings and Waitrose in Tenterden delivers to the area, and a big shopping centre in Hastings too (these things are important lol). I think this flat might even be in the same building as mine! 2 bedroom flat to rent in Magdalen Road, ST LEONARDS-ON-SEA, East Sussex, TN37 6EP, TN37

Good news on the WI front too today - another 5lbs off! The 200s are in my sights! :bliss:

Last edited:
You're welcome :D. That has to be some of the most ridiculous pictures from a letting agent lol. Entry phone and was that the water heater?!
Another fabulous loss hon well done.
Oh and J has been here today building me a new shed. We can get rid of the old one now that is trying to rehome itself in next doors garden by sliding over the fence lol.

You're doing so fantastically! You must be noticing a difference in clothes etc?

Right move won't work on my phone for some reason but I'll check it out when I'm not too tired to open my computer xx

You must be noticing a difference in clothes etc?

Thanks hun - a little bit, I guess? I wear linen tunics a lot and they do seem to be slightly easier coming off over my shoulders - oh, and my knickers are sliding down a bit :D

Aiming for the 2 stone mark next Friday, how brilliant! :D Wonder if I can lose another one by the time I go away...:4635:

Hi Susie, just checking in. The flat looks fab and well done on the losses :)

And wavey lisa too

Xxx

Hiya Katie! Of course you'll do it suze you have found what suits you xx
Well my handmade top hasn't arrived despite it being posted on Wednesday :( Been down to TK Maxx and picked up a black n white stripey number so that will have to do. Just want to feel nice on such a sad day.

Morning all

Been a very snoozy weekend so far - with way too much eating :eek:

But am back on the healthy soups/smoothies path today, and will distract myself by repeating my new mantra ("Seven IS my lucky number") and planning out my new dream kitchen :D

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Back