Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Well done on the weight loss, calorie counting appears to suit you.

Just a flying visit to say another well fine - hope its a brilliant week for you xx

Morning all

Sorry I've been a bit absent re diaries, been a busy old time at work, but am wfh today so will have a bit more time to myself :)

Am back in focus after a disastrous few days. I'd not had much wine over the last six weeks, but a big party on Sat night reversed that and it has taken two days to recover - not to mention the effect on the scales! So, it's ta ta to wine and hello teetotalism for good now. A massive change to my lifestyle, and there may be some stumbles along the way, but it will be well worth it.

Today is predominantly a soup and juice day - courgette soup, and maybe some corn chowder, plus got my glowing green smoothie, then maybe courgetti later. Also going to chuck some steak and veg in the slow cooker to keep me going for the next couple of days.

Have a lovely day all xxx

Morning all

Sorry I've been a bit absent re diaries, been a busy old time at work, but am wfh today so will have a bit more time to myself :)

Am back in focus after a disastrous few days. I'd not had much wine over the last six weeks, but a big party on Sat night reversed that and it has taken two days to recover - not to mention the effect on the scales! So, it's ta ta to wine and hello teetotalism for good now. A massive change to my lifestyle, and there may be some stumbles along the way, but it will be well worth it.

Today is predominantly a soup and juice day - courgette soup, and maybe some corn chowder, plus got my glowing green smoothie, then maybe courgetti later. Also going to chuck some steak and veg in the slow cooker to keep me going for the next couple of days.

Have a lovely day all xxx

Well done for getting back on the wagon, my dear x

Thanks hun

And getting back on the wagon works, as I'm one pound shy of posted today, so should make it back by WI tomorrow. That's two weeks now I've put a huge amount on and taken it off again (something like 12lbs!), which really annoys me - and it is NOT going to be repeated! :D

Generally am very happy with CC as a woe, it really accommodates my need to cook lots of veg, etc. So, full steam ahead :)

Full steaming of veg ahead!!

LOL I like that :D

Having a great start to the day - am trying to wake up at 6am so I'm more alert when it comes to doing the coastal commute in a couple of months, so got up, flaffed about, then did a mile of Leslie Sansome walking (my first exercise in MONTHS!), then drove the car down to the garage for a service, walked another half mile to the post office for a whole load of little eBay purchases, then caught the bus to work and was at my desk by 9.15am! :D

Also did my WI and I'm back to 302, so that's all the gain gone! Really pleased - onwards and downwards!

The walking DVD is obviously the best way to start the day because I feel very bouncy and full of beans now :D

Well done on the loss and exercise, I hope you had a good weekend.

Hi Susie, any updates on the flat yet? Just waiting on searches at our end, due back by the 1st of may so maybe we'll get a move date then?

Morning Girls, Susie what's the forecast for saturday? do I need to bring a coat?

Morning all

Sorry for the radio silence, I've been without a computer since Friday night, managed to pour a glass of water all over my laptop at home - still waiting to hear if it can be repaired...

All going well on the eating front, heading for a loss this week - and did my exercise dvd yesterday, which is definitely helping. No updates on the flat yet - but had to go down the coast for work yesterday and we managed to detour to St L and have another viewing.

Twickers forecast is for sun and showers, Jim!

Sorry to hear about laptop, well dine you that it was not wine! How are you doing without the alcohol, finding you finding it difficult?

Hi all - what a glorious day! :D

Sorry to hear about laptop, well dine you that it was not wine! How are you doing without the alcohol, finding you finding it difficult?

I'm still having wine every now and then Sammy, but nothing like before - and I'm just feeling so much better and healthier :)

I have much more aptitude for exercise, so did my mile walk at home again this morning, went to a meeting then walked about half a mile (in the lovely sunshine) back to my office afterwards. This weather really makes you want to be outside :D

Well girls, that was a case of famous last words from me - because I'm off to the pub!

My mortgage broker has disappeared (I think he got the sack!), he hasn't put my mortgage application in and I'm back at square one FFS!

The broker from the estate agent is chasing it for me now, but that's another £400...

ARGGGHHHHHHH. Oh well, I'll just have to do a 2 mile walk tomorrow, instead of one.

Last edited:
WTF? My goodness that really is dreadful. I'm so sorry for you, Susie. You'll get there in the end, but lady luck really needs to come your way, eh x

Morning, Jeez Susie, how crap is that. :(

Back