Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I know, she was sooo cute - and from that to this -

IMG_3160.jpgIMG_3158.jpg

Morning all

Another day at home as I'm still feeling rough, but managed to get about three hours sleep. Catching up on a lot of reading in the wee hours, thank goodness for the kindle app for iPhone! :)

Still not very hungry - so food today will be lots of ginger tea with manuka honey, ham and cheese roll ups, and maybe a bit of chicken.

Have a good one.

Still sounds lovely though susie, I'd love some honey....naughty I know but yummm. Hope the chest infection gets evicted soon :)

More on Orbit - and the wilful destruction of property...caught redhanded this morning!

IMG_3221.jpg

Hey Lauren, I wouldn't have made it without the honey these last couple of days. Good Aldi buy, actually - +10 manuka honey is usually £10 plus, but under a fiver at Aldi :) It's supposed to be great for congestion and viruses, so I don't care about the carb or sugar content :)

Mr Tesco is due this afternoon, which is great because I've nearly run out of the (sorry) mucus cough stuff. The NHS website says there's no evidence that cough meds work for chest infections - well, I beg to differ!

Oh that Orbit! Hope she pays house maintenance fees! lol

As for your cough, hope you get better soon, wrap up warm and get hold of albas oil (if you can) to put in your steam bowl, like Vicks but an oil and works wonders! Also a few drops on tissue on pillow at night or near chest during day helps breathing. Big hugs x

Haha little monkey! Emma is currently on a path to eat anything that smells of food. So far this week I've caught her with half a Malteasers bar which she got out of a carrier back but fortunately couldn't get through the wrapper and an empty crisp packet which I have had to leave shredded on the lounge floor this morning as I didn't have time to clear it up lol. We've also recently lost a bag of prawn crackers, half a packet of biscuits and half a bag of chocolates and the bag never turned up!
I should add that all of these things are left in her reach by Trev!! Hope you manage to shift that cough soon xx

get hold of albas oil (if you can) to put in your steam bowl, like Vicks but an oil and works wonders! Also a few drops on tissue on pillow at night or near chest during day helps breathing. Big hugs x

Thanks for the tip on the olbas oil - but still feeling too shaky to go out and get some. I need a slave! I've been slathering on the Vicks though, and putting a tsp in hot water to inhale and leave by my bed.

TMI alert! I think things are starting to shift this morning - been sneezing and coughing up all sorts of lovely stuff - wheeziness and the heavy feeling across my chest is lifting. Gosh my stomach muscles don't half hurt though from all the coughing - but I guess it's still exercise :rolleyes:

LOL Lisa - naughty Emma, at least her appetite is good, if indiscriminate!

Glad you're feeling a bit better Susie. A friends cat used to destroy venetian blinds. It seemed to like the clackerty noise they make when being trashed. I made a version of those courgette lakties, adding a spoonful of green lentils. It was more like a potato-less Spanish omlette. Really nice. Stayed the same today which after hitting the cake and wine this week following a Tuesday birthday, is quite frankly a bit of a relief. I am now "back on the 'orse" :deadhorse: Be good chips xx

Hello lovely Chips - love the emoticon :)

Glad you liked the latkes, I can see them becoming a favourite here too. And well done on the STS, it's always a relief when that happens :)

Morning susie, bless little orbs ;) pet love getting up to mischief ;)

as for chest cough stuff, I have never believed they worked but I do believe they soothe and pamper us when we Re feeling bogged down with it all. I've always reached out for a little cough syrup or honey before. Wow Manuka for under a fiver, tesco and the others need shot if it can be found so cheap elsewhere... Greedy gits.

Morning Lauren

Re the manuka honey, I know, I was chuffed to find it so cheap at Aldi - especially at the more concentrated level. Must go and get some more.

Re the cough mixture, I'd normally agree that they don't do much - but (sorry about the tmi - again) the mucus cough ones are great, they really do help - especially the Benylin one. I took a few sips last night and within 30 minutes was able to get rid of some of the gunk (sorry again) and actually got five hour's sleep - bliss! :)

So, I'm at work, feeling a bit weak and flopsy, but here - and there's not a soul in the place! Might schlep off early if it stays like this - although the boss is due back from hols today so will want a catch up.

B - bacon and eggs, coffee with coconut milk
L - chicken salad with mandarin oil and mayo dressing
D - home made burgers and spinach, I think

Sx

Glad it's starting to lift at last. I'm all bunged up with hayfever today and where are my pills? On the side in the kitchen at home! I've got some sudafed so might take one of those instead.
I'll get back to you with a date, I haven't forgotten :D

Good :D I'm off Friday 22 Aug (just before the bank holiday) or will have time off in September to move into the new house, if that's any good for you? xxx

At Nudo, hun - Italia - might seem £££ but a little goes a long way, even with my joggy elbow :D

It's run by an English couple (not that that should make a difference) - if you like Italy and stories about people moving there, see if you can get a copy of their book, the Dolce Vita Diaries :)

Back