Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Yes babes I think she did, i'll fb her and see what tips she has.

Just back from the doc (lovely woman) and she has confirmed it has moved from virus to infection, so I've got antibiotics and two asthma inhalers for when I get really wheezy - a huge relief, there were a couple of nights when I was getting quite panicky about not being able to breathe. As you do! :D

I've got two packs of cigs left, so once they are gone, that's it. Terrified.com...

Keep some and have one if you fancy it but people at work are saying that they dont need them. It's about identifying need from want. I'm debating between credit card or pay day but I have to do it cos I can't afford the fags. Plus as you know I've given up numerous times before! Don't think of it as giving up, just swapping. I believe doing it this way it doesn't matter if you have a real one occasionally unlike any other method where if you slip up its considered failure. We have enough of that mind set with food! Xx

I gave up 2 years ago, went to a coop pharmacy, they give you any Tobacco replacement product free. I picked patches to help with withdrawals, and and the inhalers to help with missing the actual smoking. You have to go weekly to blow into a carbon monoxide monitor. It was good, but think your head needs to be totally into it. I noticed the patches would fall off, due to me being so fat I sweat lots!!!!! So I stuck with the inhaler, and slowly weaned myself off, took 12 weeks. I think I would have done the same with the electric cigs. X

I hope you succeed susie, especially with you having chest problem, and issues with your sinus. X

Morning suse,

Hope your feeling better xx. Have you started on the book yet?

I tried Nicotine Patches. Hopeless I just couldn't keep them alight :rolleyes: Do it Susie. Not easy. I quit about 15 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Good Luck chips xx

I tried Nicotine Patches. Hopeless I just couldn't keep them alight :rolleyes: Do it Susie. Not easy. I quit about 15 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Good Luck chips xx

Lol. Love it!

LOL Chips! :D

Afternoon all, been a busy day, but it's relax time now ahhhh :)

Busy - I haven't started the book yet, that's on the list for tomorrow, hun.

Had a kitchen disaster last night. I tried a recipe for sausages, made out of pork mince (and nothing else) - but they were awful, dry and tasteless. Wish I'd made cheeseburger pie instead :(

I am going to make the infamous cheeseburger pie next week!!! have no clue what it will taste like , but have a feeling I may like. Hope you are having a grand weekend susie x

I've been to the shop and bought my ecig! It's very pretty and girly so I'll post a pic once its finished charging and I've put it back together. I got coconut flavour oil. The great thing about the shop is they take their time with you and you can try out loads of flavours :D

By heck susie, I leave your diary for a few days and you've took on the world lol

i tried those e cigs years ago when I did my traveling back and forth to NY. You can puff away in airport and on plane :)
They are ok and definitely help but are such a messy faff changing oils. I smoke menthols so got menthol tobacco flavour. I am thinking of doing it again but wonder about the research on them, are they good for us? Swapping one bad habit for another, not sure i know enough. I seen a few people walking around with these in supermarkets now so they seem to be the trend like Lisa said.

i hope you succeed :) it's exciting and scary, I'm not quite ready yet as I have used my cigs as a crutch sometimes on this diet and I've always said to myself one removal at a time. Once I'm happy and stable with my goal weight I will tackle my smoking because I'd love to be able to sing again so that's my motivation :)

Oh Susie you are really changing your life....diet, cigs and new flat. By Christmas you will be a new person, well done on tackling the cigs, I think they are one of the hardest things to give up.

They are ok and definitely help but are such a messy faff changing oils.

LOL Lauren, it's OK, I've bought a kit with two vaporisers, and interchangeable atomiser things, so they're easy to clean out and change :) And thanks Sammy - it's worth a shot - although I am feeling a lot better now!

Just back from a little drive to pick up a small TV with built in video and a Freeview box on offer from Freecycle - amazing what people will give away, it's such a brilliant site. The TV will do for my bedroom (or the spare) in the new flat :)

I think I need a nap. Had a horrid nightmare early this morning (I was in a flat high up in a high rise building and there was a tsunami and Orbit and I got washed away!) and couldn't get back to sleep. No idea what brought it on...

Last edited:
Nap had, and very nice it was too :)

Then got baking - made the low carb bread, following this recipe -

Best Low Carb Bread Bread Machine) Recipe - Food.com - 102631

Using Flex Flax (which according to the makers, is zero carbs), the whole loaf is 24g carbs. It rose nicely and tastes lovely, really like bread :) A bit spongey, but will toast some tomorrow. I had to change the recipe a bit from cups into grams, yell out if you want the details.

IMG_3227.jpgIMG_3229.jpg

Also made 12 egg and bacon muffins, using both my recipe and the other one - and both look yummy!

IMG_3228.jpg

Loving the pictures. Glad you got a nap to recover from horrid nightmares. May make some of the muffins they look yum!!

Interesting but the muffins with the bacon wrapped round them take longer to cook, their bottoms fell away when I took them out of the silicon tray (which I'd sprayed with olive oil).

Have just toasted some of the bread - it is very spongey and hard to cut in thin slices, so there's a few carbs there - but hey, it's a bacon and cheese toasted sandwich! :)

IMG_3230.jpg

Back