Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

The bread looks so yummi, where did you source the flex flax? Is it expensive? I don't have a bread maker.

Morning all

Well I sts'd today - not a surprise at all tbh - two boozy nights. a sneaky carby day that I somehow forgot to confess to :eek: and totm - so actually think I got off pretty lightly :)

Busy - I got the flex flax online here Flex Organic Cold Milled Flax Seed - 425g It's quite hard to find, you have to really google, but I usually buy a few at a time as it stays fresh for a long time. Kat1e introduced the forum to it, and she really quizzed the producers as to the zero carb claim - but they stand by it, so all good :). And you don't need a breadmaker - there's lots of low carb bread recipes out there :)

B - 3 bacon and cheese muffins, coffee with coconut milk
L - chicken salad with mint and mandarin oil and mayo dressing
D - sausage and cauli mash

I have a serious amount of veg to use up, might make up a broccoli bake for tomorrow.

Morning Susie, I misread that and thought you were telling the world you had an STD LOL :D

Morning Susie sandwich looks amazeballs, I will have to get some flax again.
Std LOL!

ROFL I date you :D

Have got home and sorted the veggies in the fridge - a beef, cabbage, cauli and leek casserole is in the slow cooker; and a broccoli, spinach and leek bake is in the oven.

Had to chuck so much out, which I hate, and still got two caulis left - I love cauli mash and cauli rice but usually can't be ar@ed to make it when I get home, it's so messy! But will get in there and grate/mash them after dinner and put them in the freezer. Preparation, preparation, preparation! :)

Love the look of the bread Susie. I use Freecycle - as you say a brilliant site - just got two sofas from there as I was desperate to change ours, which were very old and past it, but no cash to do so at the moment. They'll do us for a while.

Now... 'I date you.' Good typo there, considering the conversation!

Now... 'I date you.' Good typo there, considering the conversation!

LOL oops missed that :D

Just been in a panic, I am such an idiot sometimes. Sprayed the bedroom madly because about 6 nasty horse mosquitos came in while I was waiting for Missy Orbit to come inside for her 8.30pm Dreamies - then thought OMG fly spray and cats don't mix!!! Orbs hates sprays anyway and had raced into the front room - but I googled Raid Protector (which says it is safe except for fish and bees) and it's not safe at all, cats are extremely susceptible to the main ingredient and can get kidney failure if they ingest it!

I've wiped down every surface with natural surface spray and mopped the floor so she can't lick any of it up. And yes, I've opened the bleeding window - so more of the bleeders might come in. But at least Orby will be safe. I repeat, I am an idiot.

Anyone got an effective mosquito spray that's made of lemons or something that doesn't harm moggies?

Get yourself one of the battery operated fly zappers Susie. They are shaped like a mini tennis racket, and you electrocute the little b*****s. You can sometimes get them from Poundland, but even full price they are often under a tenner. Absolutely brilliant. I get all my nasties with it. Hope Orby is OK. Sure she will be if you wiped everything down, and she got out of the way when you started to spray.

I did once use hair spray, and then my foot, on a really annoying fly when my zapper battery had gone, but I'm not sure if that is any better for cats tbh.

Thanks hun - I did have one of those but you have to wait until they come into reach and the horse mozzies stick to the ceiling until the lights go out then it's bombs away! But as I am never ever ever going to use a spray again, I will get another zapper - I was a nervous wreck worrying about Orbs - I even mopped the floor again...

I have however stopped panicking and read the can again (before I throw it out!). The bad stuff is called "pyrethrins" and 0.1% is safe for cats - but the can says it's 0.25%. After the floor and surface cleaning blitz, I then noticed that it's 0.25% per 100g and the whole can is 300g - so I think we will be fine.

Orbit now thinks it's Christmas because she's had more Dreamies and two sticks of cat treats - my rationale being that if she does lick up any at all, at least she'll have a good amount of food in her tum to help. Hello my name is Susie and I am an over-protective mother...:)

Orby sounds like our cat - Purdy. She comes into the bedroom at our bedtime for her goodies - Dreamies and sticks. Heaven help us if we run out and try and fool her by substituting the Dreamies with some of her food munchies. She is absolutely disgusted at this complete failure on our part to treat her in the manner to which she has become accustomed.

Oh yes that sounds very familiar :D

If I haven't done the honours by 8.30pm, Orbs comes in the living room, looking very concerned, tail straight up, and meows loudly just once, as if to say "Hoy, don't you know what time it is, missus? It's Dreamie time!" The she runs to the bedroom, looking back at me to make sure I've understood :D

Actually there is a routine - crunchies at 8pm as the entree, 8.30pm Dreamies, 9.30pm cat stick dessert.

This is a rod I have created for my own back...:D

Oh yes that sounds very familiar :D

If I haven't done the honours by 8.30pm, Orbs comes in the living room, looking very concerned, tail straight up, and meows loudly just once, as if to say "Hoy, don't you know what time it is, missus? It's Dreamie time!" The she runs to the bedroom, looking back at me to make sure I've understood :D

Actually there is a routine - crunchies at 8pm as the entree, 8.30pm Dreamies, 9.30pm cat stick dessert.

This is a rod I have created for my own back...:D

Us too. My OH hand feeds her the Dreamies and then she jumps up to take the stick out of the open wrapper - but only at night. If she ever has a stick during the day she does not do jumping - simply waits for it to be unwrapped completely for her! She has us quite well trained really, considering we are only humans!

She has us quite well trained really, considering we are only humans!

LOL cats really are the master race :D

Well a big sigh of relief as I report that Orbs seemed fine this morning. Symptoms of poisoning in cats usually show from 1-4 hours and she's right as rain after 8 hours, so I am a much happier person today :) Poor thing last night, she was trying to sleep and I kept prodding her to make sure she was still breathing...

B - bacon and egg muffins, coffee with coconut milk
L - beef and veg casserole (from last night)
D - meatloaf and broccoli bake

Cheers all :)

Morning Susie, My Mum's cats sit at the top of the stairs and monitor everything you do. LOL I posted a photo of them on my thread this morning

Back