Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Emma always sleeps at the top of the stairs during the day. She likes to keep an eye on the comings and goings lol.
Just done the worst thing with my vape. Filled it last night and obviously didn't put the mouth bit back on properly. Got a mouth full of liquid, which is poisonous if swallowed, so had to rush in and rinse thoroughly - in the ladies where someone was visiting the park!! Now it's almost empty and only 11am :eek: and I'm grossed out lol.

Oh nooooooooooooooo gosh you poor thing! Get some food down you and get that taste gone!

It's awful being in there when someone else is visiting the park - our own is fine, everyone else's is ick :)

My vaper arrived last night but what with all the kerfuffle over the fly spray I didn't get a chance to open it. Will try tonight. I've got loads of ciggies left from duty free, but have stopped having my morning cig, so I'm down to 3 a day (all in the evening) - which is much better than before.

Later - ergggh big fail on lunch, wasn't in the slow cooker long enough. Luckily I brought some ham and cheese roll ups.

Last edited:
Wow well done on just 3 a day x, you'll get there very soon and will feel better for it trust me xx. I've never looked back.

Woes going good for you and your bloody recipes are marvellous. I'm gonna try a cheese/broccoli muffins with turkey wafers when I remember to buy cake trays.

Hope you have a great day x.

I have never smoked, the idea of sucking smoke into my lungs didn't appeal. BUT our eldest began smoking at 21 and I could have killed him. He stopped smoking about a year ago and now raves about how much it cost him financially, LOL! I hope you will be doing that soon :)

Hi, well done on cutting down to 3 a day.....could I have the brocolli bake receipe?

Morning all

Been a mad morning - was having my cup of tea outside in the sun (no ciggy) and got stung on the leg (it flew up my trouser leg) by a bee! Hasn't happened in years...I'm not allergic but swallowed an extra antihistamine and put some ice on it because my leg went all red.

So I was late to work and been playing catch up ever since :) Feel a bit queasy too, but that's because I finally gave in last night and started taking the antibiotics to get shot of this chest infection.

B - bacon and egg muffins, soya latte
L - tuna and egg salad
D - Broccoli bake, not sure what else.

Sammy - the bake can often vary as to the contents but essentially this is it :)

Cheesy broccoli bake

Ingredients -

- 250g broccoli
- 150g (handful) spinach
- 2 bacon rashers
- 1 tub cream cheese - plain or garlic/herb
- 100g grated cheddar/mozzarella
- olive oil

Spray or drizzle the oil round a casserole dish (I use a square lasagna dish)
Steam the broccoli, chop into smaller pieces and layer up in the baking dish
Spread the raw spinach on top
Cook the rashers (I just steam in the m'wave), chop into bits and sprinkle over veg
Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and dollop over the mixture, then stir in (reduce your washing up lol)
Sprinkle cheese on top
Bake at 200 for about 20-25 mins, until cheese is browning

That makes four servings and MFP says it's 5g carbs a serving. The one I'm having tonight also has baby leeks chopped in.

FYI if you have an Aldi near you, their special tomorrow is a steam cleaner mop thing for £29.99. Anyone got one and are they any good?
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbu...ys-22nd-august/product-detail/ps/p/steam-mop/

I thought it might be good for steaming clean my memory foam mattress?

Hope your leg is ok susie!!! The bloody things sting like mad. I have a steam mop, and could not live without it now!! Mine was £60 on eBay, I love it as you can also use as an hand held, so it cleans the bathroom much better than I ever did! X

Morning all

Thanks Meg, leg is much better now thanks :) I've done a bit of online research into the steam mop and it appears you can't use them on laminate flooring?

Any thoughts?

B - bacon and egg muffins, coffee with coconut milk
L - chicken and sugar snap peas, mint and mandarin oil, mayo
D - pork mince balls and maybe some cauli mash

Hi Hun doing fantastic as usual. Thanks for sharing the steam mop thing I've been after one of those. They say you can do rugs and mattresses - not sure how clean it gets it.

Morning all

Thanks Meg, leg is much better now thanks :) I've done a bit of online research into the steam mop and it appears you can't use them on laminate flooring?

Any thoughts?

Waspeze (and burneze) were brill for stings and bites. Not available anymore due to licensing problems. Nothing like it. Anthisan useless.

Re steamy moppy thing, I believe a definite No No for laminate and a triple No No No for stripped wooden floors which I've got. Not even meant to wet mop (OK if squeezed really dry) as it it starts to get under joints causes it to lift and warp. Can get bathroom quality which I would imagine would cope with steam? Glad Orbit OK. chips xx

Morning all

Any thoughts?

I use mine on a laminate floor!!!! Maybe I should not?? But when I mop its wet for ages, and when I steam it is dry so quickly!! My laminate is good quality I also use on a hardwood floor, but that's sealed. The tiles are brilliant. Not sure, to be honest I did not really read up on it!! But I have used for at least 6 years and have had no probs

Oh that's really good to know, Meg! I have buckled laminate in my rented flat from a burst central heating pipe, but that was lots of water coming up from underneath.

My laminate has little grooves between each "plank" so I'll check out laminates that lock together more securely for my new place - what do you think of this?

Aberdeen 12mm | Topps Tiles

It's one of the cheapest - and I need to go and see it instore - but it looks like it doesn't have any gaps between each bit?

It's a stunning colour, I love the oak rustic colours. Also check out tiles, my friend laid wood effect tiles due to a silly amount of animals living in her house and they are lovely, they so look like wood but very hard wearing!! X

Love the colour not too light or dark, we have a dark oak floor very unforgiving for scratches and dust.

Seen the wood effect tiles and they're brill too x.

Back