Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning Girls, any Bank Holiday plans?

Really nice. I'm into the more rustic look much more than the glam/chic look that's in atm.

Morning, I love the tiles. I have a steam mop and use it on everything and have had no problems. I looked at the sweets, they look scrummy.

Afternoon all

Been racing about today, unexpectedly, to meet an Oz friend who is in town earlier than I thought. Had a lovely day, with lunch at Jamie's mmm (I said no to the pasta lol) - I could really get accustomed to being a lady who lunches, it was fab :)

Jim - it's indoors for me this weekend, the weather's rubbish so I'm starting to clear out books and clothes. What about you?

Toni - I can't get the vaporiser to fit together, need to watch a You Tube video - and get help from lovely Lisa :D

Right, off to do my Tesco shop xxx

Hope you had a lovely lunch with friends x you should head west for the bank hols we have been promised sunshine all weekend x

Morning Hun x, well done for sticking on plan at lunch, it's always during unexpected things I often slip up.

Just keep at it with the vapour-thingy sure you'll get the hang soon.

Have a great day x.

Morning lovelies

Spent lots of time last night googling details about the cruise ship I'll be on in November - it might be quite easy to do l/c because they put the calorie and carb contents on all their menus! Some thoughtful person took a picture of the menu sheet each day and posted them :) Plus yummy looking omelettes for breakfast (step AWAY from the pastries, Susie!) and I should be OK. My biggest problem is buffet eating - I overeat and it's all the wrong stuff, sigh. Then off to Italy, the land of pasta oh dear oh dear, I don't think my willpower will be up to it :D

Horrible cold yet humid rainy and hazy day here, so am on my second cup of tea before I start going through my books. Or maybe I'll clean up the kitchen before Mr Tesco gets here.

Menu today - I really don't know, might have a bacon and cheese omelette for brunch, and might do cabbage meatloaf for dins.

Slight change on the menu front, I made cauliflower pizza!

IMG_3235.jpg

Been meaning to try it for ages, but got it into my head that it was a lot of flaff for nothing. Well boy oh boy was I wrong! I did the cauli in the blender because I hate the mess grating makes, but think the food processor would be better next time. Topping was tomato puree, pepperoni and cheddar cheese.

Banged it into MFP and it came up as 7g a slice (for a BIG 12" pizza) - but think I can get it down more by using a low carb tomato sauce, rather than puree.

And it is so filling! Old Piggy here had two slices, and I am bursting! :)

Yumm susie that looks lovely.....I just fancy pizza! Oooooh we could use ham, pepperoni, salami, chicken, garlic and all that jazz! My two men here could eat a whole pizza...I don't know where they put it. I'm 1 or 2 slice girl at a push too.
hope you are well? I've missed catching up with you.

Morning ladies :D

News - I'm no longer a vapour virgin! :D Used it last night and it's actually great! It felt really wicked sitting inside and puffing out vapour, it tastes like a ciggy, gives you the throat hit (the smokers will get that), but it doesn't smell like one - and it was so fab not to go outside in the rain!

I think a phased replacement programme will be the go. Will start Allen Carr this week, and I've stopped the morning ciggy already (can have a vapour instead), so I'm on my way :D

Not sure if I will show a loss tomorrow though, I've had a load of cheese, etc this week, plus more of the naughty vino. Actually not bothered too much though, as long as I'm eating well. Exercise will start next week too, so that might help push things along.

B - slice of pizza :eek: :D
L - hamburgers in lettuce wraps and wilted spinach
D - dunno, see how I feel

Re the pizza recipe, I went for the simplest I could find :D Original Cauliflower Pizza Crust | Your Lighter Side

I doubled this recipe, and also replaced cheddar for the mozzarella.

Thanks babes just taken it - I subscribe to Melissa's blog news, and she does have some really nice recipes - although some of the better ones for low carbers are back at the start of her blog IMHO.

Change of menu - I just tried these - http://www.helenbrowningsorganic.co.uk/speedy-sausages.html - ££ but nice for a treat. They reminded me of the german sausage you can get from Aldi. I had six (they are very little) with fried eggs and it was yummy, about 1.2g carbs for the six.

Oh and another bit of news - I am finally weaning myself off the nasal spray! Last used it yesterday morning so a couple more days and I should be free from using it every day. I just needed a few days off to make sure I could sleep during the day if I couldn't get off at night - happy days! :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're feeling better,do you think even cutting out the am ciggie is helping?

Guess so hun, that and a week's worth of antibiotics :)

Feeling very pleased with myself - just made almond and ginger cookies which, according to mfp, come in at 8g carbs for 12 :D

IMG_3236.jpg

They aren't the prettiest to look at, they were quite wet so hard to shape, but I've just tasted one and it has a good cookie consistency - a bit crunchy at the edges and also a bit chewy. Don't think the ginger works and it could do with more sweetener (the recipe uses Waldens Farm maple syrup - I'll try hermesetas next time). Am thinking chocolate and orange mmmm.

Last edited:
Back