Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks Val - I'll give the soya version a go and let you know how I get on - unless you beat me to it :) I'm watching a pasta maker (yes, I know, another gadget!) on eBay, which will make it easier, but might just try cutting it as the recipe suggests.

Had a great night's sleep last night, on top of a nap yesterday, so feel fab - and I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I gained woohoo - a very big surprise, I haven't been anywhere near 100% this week! :D

Fab news susie and on the 3 lb loss :) go you! I tried the get the girls out for you but it didn't work on here :( and by the way what is a 100% week? ;)

LOL thanks for the thought on the girls :D

100% is clean and green - no flax, no Atkins bars or other s/f stuff and so on - just protein and veg.

Right, a shower, then into the kitchen for me. Can't wait for the new place (you will hear this a lot now lol) - as well as the fridge freezer, i'm getting an under counter freezer so there's room to put all my culinary delights :D Oooh and I'm getting an under counter veg drawer, so the bench isn't covered with the three Cs - cabbages, celeriac and cauliflower :D

Oooh and a dishwasher!!! And bench space for all my gadgets. And a double sink. And....and...:D

Thanks Kimmi :D

Having a lovely time in the kitchen - low carb bread is in the breadmaker, and I made cheese biscuits with coconut flour - they look nice but I'm not sure if I like them a lot, they seem quite dense.

IMG_3261.jpg

Oh who am I kidding, of course I'll eat them LOL. Might be nice with courgette soup actually!

Also going to try Melissa Sevigny's flaxbread crackers, and maybe some almond cookies.

Hi Susie, all your cooking experiments sounding fun and tasty:D

Fab loss this week, the stress, the wine, the sleepless nights, how did you do it? lol.

NO idea hun! Miracle, it is - but I did skip some meals too. Making up for it today :D

Old Tv is funny isn't it, I'm watching Swallows and Amazons and forgot the younger girl's name is Titty teehee

Hi Sooz, I love it when you and your enthusiasm bubble out of my computer screen, although it makes a mess of my keyboard ! Will try a few of your recipes upon my return, so make sure you keep in touch now ! Missing you already ... :yuk:chips xx

We had a new kitchen put into our last house, it was our dream kitchen. A complete fantasy. It took an age before I could walk into it without thinking "WOW its like something out of a magazine", LOL!! Sadly we only lived there for another three years, -everything changed and we had to leave our beautiful kitchen behind. The kitchen here is OK but nothing like the quality of the one left behind :(

Though we do have a beautiful granite surface and the other kitchen didn't have THAT, would have doubled the price of the job!

Looking forward to seeing photos of yours when its done :)

I'm celebrating with a big bowl of cream cheese with cocoa powder, peanut butter and maple syrup - mmmmm :)

OMG that sounds amazing Susie! Will definitely make this.

Having a lovely time in the kitchen - low carb bread is in the breadmaker, and I made cheese biscuits with coconut flour - they look nice but I'm not sure if I like them a lot, they seem quite dense.

View attachment 107047

Oh who am I kidding, of course I'll eat them LOL. Might be nice with courgette soup actually!

Also going to try Melissa Sevigny's flaxbread crackers, and maybe some almond cookies.
q

I love her recipes. Bought something called 'Flackers' in America- not the most appealing name but 4 grams carbs per six crackers.IMG_0810.jpg

Morning all

Another lovely sleep in - I love Sunday mornings when I don't have to be anywhere - woke up early, had a cup of builders tea, read for a bit then dozed - perfick! :)

Missed B so had a treat for brunch - two pieces of l/c bread toasted with butter and marmalade. So not l/c but delicious!
D will be lamb (cheap roll from Tesco value) and cauli mash mmm.

Love the sound of your kitchen, Lynne - I've found the perfect fridge freezer on eBay, it will need to go into storage but we have one of those Big Yellow Storage places five minutes away, so it can go in there for a month :) Will post pics if I win the auction.

Sounds like the perfect Sunday morning susie x

Just got inspiration, I am making the cauliflower mash today!! Will chop the celeriac to look like roast parsnips ! And greens x any chance you know a low carb gravy?

I don't have it very often, Meg - tend to use butter or mayo (am seriously addicted to the stuff :D) - but occasionally I use Tesco reduced salt gravy granules - 3.3g carbs per 100g.

No I don't eat gravy much either - tend to stick to mayo or Caesar dressing.

the nearest I ever got was the meat juices mixed with a little bovril and some stock it tasted ok but it was too thin and watery.xx

Well I've just had a lovely plate of roast lamb and cauli mash. It was so yum I wanted to finish it off - but instead, I grabbed a mineral water with squash and Walked Away From The Kitchen :eek:!!! :)

I've also just scored the best eBay buy - a huge Beko fridge freezer, like this - Beko GNE114610X 4-door Side By Side Fridge Freezer in Silver | Appliances Direct - retails for just under £1000 - but I got it for much much (much) less - and eBay is great now, if it didn't work for any reason, my money is protected :D Going to put it in storage next week, there's a big storage place just down the road from the new flat. Yaye!!! :D

Back