Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks guys - am now crosseyed looking at bathroom stuff. I get to take the plumber into the flat on Tuesday, so naturally all the sales finish this Sunday!

Here's some before pics. All so very clean (not).

IMG_3180.jpgIMG_3174.jpgIMG_3172.jpg

To be replaced with a clean white suite, square basin sitting on a white vanity, something like these -

WHITE DOUBLE DOOR UNDER SINK BATHROOM STORAGE CABINET WITH LARGE CLEARANCE AREA | eBay
Square basin bathroom sink counter top washbowl freestanding 590x390mm | eBay

Oh that looks fab! (The new stuff that is, deffo not the old). Will obviously need after pics! :D

Hiya Hun x,

Gotta warn you it's a lengthy, expensive, extensive process making a house into a home. Ditto with the others on money pit, hours has had K's spent on it and we still need more stuff done to it. My advice is take your time, save and get all the stuff you want rather than put things in because they're affordable. It's also very stressful dealing with workmen.

Loving the sink unit x.

Morning all

Working from home today so i can catch up with the last three month's media summaries (oh dear) and LouLou is getting a visit from Sean the car doctor to have an expensive but essential module put in before her MOT next month. How exciting is my life? LOL.

Busy - you are spot on hun, I need to get things right - luckily I still have enough dosh from the previous sale to do it - but it doesn't half hurt spending money I've had saved for four years!

Roos hun - you wouldn't believe how filthy the place is! The mould is so bad round the bathroom window, and all the panes are broken, so I might have to replace it altogether!

hun if the toilet is anything to go by,then your gonna need a bigger scrubby !!!!
i wish you luck. xx

Haha the whole flat is revolting - thus - new kitchen, new bathroom, new - well, new everything, really :D

Plus I've budgeted for my cleaner to clean the old flat and the new one once the work is done. Easy Street :D

Sean has gone now and the bill came in at half what I'd been quoted elsewhere so yaye! :D

Here's a pic of the oh so lovely dining room that will become part of the new kitchen -

IMG_3189.jpg

So excited for you susie x the only nice thing about it being grotty is you get to do it up to your standard etc x the rooms look big, and very light x won't be long before it's susie standard x

You've got a great space to work with Susie. Blimey were there actually people living there?

Yup big ole money pit. We've spent a small fortune just for wood for the fire place, not to mention fixing all the botched jobs from before we bought it. It's all worth it when your happy in your home. x

Hi Hun, thought you'd like to see some pics for inspiration. Our bathroom - my pride and joy (warning it's quite messy today).

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380219877.760388.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380219888.563035.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380219899.960115.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380219909.627853.jpg.

We did complete it five years ago so it's not the latest, trends change so fast these days.

It looks very very nice!!! X I will miss mine!! My new bathroom will be tiny!! But at least it's white and clean!!

Attachments

• image-3746627864.jpg
    image-3746627864.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 36
Morning all

Working from home today so i can catch up with the last three month's media summaries (oh dear) and LouLou is getting a visit from Sean the car doctor to have an expensive but essential module put in before her MOT next month. How exciting is my life? LOL.

Busy - you are spot on hun, I need to get things right - luckily I still have enough dosh from the previous sale to do it - but it doesn't half hurt spending money I've had saved for four years!

Roos hun - you wouldn't believe how filthy the place is! The mould is so bad round the bathroom window, and all the panes are broken, so I might have to replace it altogether!

Oh yes definitely take time to get things right - my house was a complete mess when I moved in but I want it right so I'm prepared to wait - in fact we've been here nearly two years and out of 14 rooms we've only decorated 5 and one of those is the downstairs loo! Lol

i had a couple of things done when I first moved in to try to make it liveable and I regret them now as I didn't think them through properly.

I dread to think of the amount of money we've spent already - before we moved we'd saved up a fair bit specifically to do the house up but it was still really hard to keep handing it over and watch the bank balance going down :-( even now every month when I get paid I reckon at least a good quarter goes in the house fund.

our main bathroom is absolutely disgusting - the previous occupant had some mobility problems so they put grab rails all round the bathroom - fair enough - but when they moved they just ripped them all out and left massive holes in the plaster and cracked the tiles everywhere. It was filthy when we moved in and although I've scrubbed it and scrubbed it, it still just looks grimy. We don't use it unless absolutely necessary as i cant bear the thought of it but I'm putting off doing it up because its a big room and I want a new suite which i know is going to cost mega bucks!!

it does look a lovely flat with lots of potential though - the bathroom stuff looks fab ( the new not the old obviously!! ) it will look great when you get it done xx

Lovely bathroom Busy! I am soooo jealous of that huge shower, mine is a tiny cubicle, challenging enough even for a little 'un! :)

And that bath looks gorgeous Meg, but you'll have a lovely space in your new home, all of your own :)

JG I know what you mean, waiting does sound like a splendid plan - except that I've had four years to plan what I want, remember lol - oh and also I'm an impatient cow...:eek: Anyway, it's not a huge flat so there's only so many things you can do with it.

Just home from the In Situ dance performance - gosh it was really beautiful and evocative, I'll post YT footage and/when it's ready.

Busy I love your bathroom! And you're right, new stuff gets old-looking so quickly! :(

JG - 14 rooms? I'm trying to count mine and I think we only have 8! Do you live in a mansion or are we in a shoebox or what? :rofl:

Susie I think you're just right to get everything sorted before you move in. It's going to be gorgeous! :)

Lol Susie,

i'm really impatient I'm absolutely itching to get all mine done but I know I'll make huge expensive mistakes if I do because I just don't think things through enough -like I had some storage cupboards built in when I moved in but didn't even think about the fact that they would stop me opening one of the lounge doors!!!! Grrrrrrr! -I really am an idiot sometimes.

Hmmm thats the trouble with my house - too many bloomin options it doesnt help that I'm also really indecisive and will change my mind a thousand times. I've been looking for ideas for years ready for when I got my house- I threw out some old interior design mags the other day which were dated 2002 - 5 years before I bought my first house!! Lol

your flat will be absolutely gorgeous when you've finished it - I love the bathroom cabinet you've picked - very posh! Xxx

Busy I love your bathroom! And you're right, new stuff gets old-looking so quickly! :(

JG - 14 rooms? I'm trying to count mine and I think we only have 8! Do you live in a mansion or are we in a shoebox or what? :rofl:

Susie I think you're just right to get everything sorted before you move in. It's going to be gorgeous! :)

lol waterworks,

its definitely not a mansion ( and I'm very sure you don't live in a shoebox lol) its a Victorian terrace which has been extended and added to over the years so I guess it's a bit like the house that jack built - very wonky with floors that slope and walls that aren't straight but I love that!

I'd never actually counted the number of rooms before, although I'm now a little depressed that i've realised I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the decorating! We do have four bedrooms (although one is used for my office) but for some reason we also have four bathrooms - why??????? I've never understood why anybody would need to install that many loo's? But at least there's never a queue in the morning lol :-D xx

Wow Susie, this is all so exciting and it's really happening! Now let's get that party organised:D
Xxxx

Back