Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning lovelies

The head is fine thanks Lisa, I stopped after one ( :eek:), was a bit shattered after all the emotional excitement, I guess.

Just back from taking the builders/electricians etc through the place - they thought it stank too - so quotes should be in tomorrow. The good news is they can start straight away, they have great reviews, and they can do it in about three weeks. I'll be poor for ever but it's worth it :)

Yay!, how exciting!! Xx

Yes, w will be much entertained by the progress and the finished article :) Having had big building work done on 2 houses, I can appreciate what goes into it.

Ugh am really frustrated - just spoke to the housing association and I have to put everything in writing to them before they will allow me to make any alterations!!! How bl**dy useless, it is completely uninhabitable and yet they act like dummies. The guy said it would be fine as long as I replaced like for like - and then I explained in great detail that actually I'd be putting in a quality K&B, unlike what's there now.

I wish I'd never rung. I think I'll just forget to follow it up, they are so rubbish, I'm sure no one there will bother. Rules out putting in the french doors though, bummer....

LATER - I am no master criminal, that's for sure - felt so guilty about it all, I checked the HA website and I definitely need to apply for Landlord's Consent to make any improvements - if you don't, there's all sorts of legal penalties and it would only take one neighbour to dob me in...so I've emailed them, told them more or less everything I want to do, and explained that time is of the essence, as I have to vacate my flat by 31 October.

Cross fingers!!!! But at least I feel better, my tummy was churning away with the thought of being caught out! :)

Last edited:
Best to get the approvals Suse than spend all that money only to be forced to change it all back. I know the red tape sucks but best to play by book.

Hope you get a swift go ahead xx.

Boo hiss to HA :-/

That's ridiculous - I mean I can kind of see why they say these things sometimes because you hear of people knocking down walls and stuff themselves when they don't know what they're doing but surely they should have some common sense?? Would they seriously prefer it to be how it is now rather than nicely done up? Xx

OMG what a day....and got home to find Orbs has sprayed her litter all over the bathroom.

JG - agree 100% - but I rang today to explain the urgency and they say they will look at it tomorrow. As you say, let's hope common sense rules!

Sorry to not catch up on diaries, will do so later xxx

Ah orbs having fun with the litter!! I bet she has a perfectly good reason as to why it happened x I do wish they could talk to us x I come home to the best welcome from Jack, due to having a poor excuse for a tail he literally shakes with excitement. Mind think it exhausted him he just refused a walk!! Or my dad took him on a good old walk when he popped in this morning!! X

You're right, Meg, I'm trying a new (really £££) litter and she is not happy and making her distaste known, the little minx! :D

She's also inside all day, to avoid any more biting/bullying incidents by the Horrible Cat Next Door - so I can't blame her. She loves it when I'm home, we have lots of lovely cuddles, and when I left for work this morning she sat with her face to the wall - a cat's version of "Speak to the hand" :D

Afternoon all

At home today with a trapped nerve in my elbow, of all things - started yesterday and mega painful today. No idea how I managed it, maybe twisted it in my sleep?

Can't do much typing so will catch up on your news later xxx

oooo ouch..hope it settles soon...and better to have contacted them rather than do the work,only
to be told to put it back ! gracious think how awful that would have been. !

lol at Orbit. They certainly have a way of letting you know their displeasure. Wow to a council looking at something the next day, hope they're so busy they just approve it all. Meant to tell you there is a new series of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on Tuesdays nights on Alibi, it's repeated on Sunday though. Hope your elbow is better.x

Last edited:
Poor you Hun, bet it's killing. Hope it rights itself soon x. Sending hugs...... I have a good mind to tell orby to stop being a madam and look after mummy while she's poorly ! ;-))

Oooo sounds nasty - hope you feel better soon.

funny how animals communicate so well without speaking Xx

Morning all

Managed to get dressed today and get to work, but am complaining about my arm to anyone who will stand still long enough :) It is better, happily, although still painful but not as bad as yesterday.

Have a good day all xxx

Maybe a nice weekend off will do it some good. My pain today is the damn coffee machine not working again!

Ooh as I wrote that the lady has magically appeared to come and fix it!

Glad it's slightly better susie and you managed to get in to work. I think until the entire office knows and given you an adequate amount of sympathy you must keep telling them!!!! X roll on the weekend x

Back