Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Wow so much has happened!!! I would have gone for wood everytime! I had granite in my old house, and the only time it looked amazing was just after buffing it!! It was a nightmare to keep streak free, I loved how it looked but so not practical In a kitchen with children or pets I should imagine x

Afternoon all

Just back from brunch at a friend's house (nice, lots of cold meats, olives and so on) but feel ready for another sleep! Then it's off to the storage place to let the movers in with the sofa.

Got some very sad news last night, my cousin has been unwell for a while, had her cancer count done and apparently it's "sky-high". She goes in to hospital on Monday for proper blood tests and a colonoscopy. I'm trying to think positively and send the vibes her way and have to just hope that it can be treated. She's only in her 30s and has two wee boys...:(

Afternoon all

Just back from brunch at a friend's house (nice, lots of cold meats, olives and so on) but feel ready for another sleep! Then it's off to the storage place to let the movers in with the sofa.

Got some very sad news last night, my cousin has been unwell for a while, had her cancer count done and apparently it's "sky-high". She goes in to hospital on Monday for proper blood tests and a colonoscopy. I'm trying to think positively and send the vibes her way and have to just hope that it can be treated. She's only in her 30s and has two wee boys...:(

What lovely friends you have suse! I never get an invitation of any kind! Even though I'm always hosting at mine!! I'll be dropping a few hints to people this week.

Awe how very sad, sending vibes, prayers to her too xxxxx. 'Dear god, please grant this sister who is a young mother a speedy recovery from her illness and bless her with your mercies, ameen'.

Just be there for her suse.

Difficult news there Susie. Sending my thoughts to her and her family.

oh suszie...my heart sank when i saw that about your cousin...prayers for her,you and all the family.xxx

((Hugs)) sweetie xxx

Thanks all, I really appreciate your kind thoughts xxx

And in other news, Ikea now can't deliver the kitchen for weeks - so am going to have to go there next week after all with my courier man...

Susie that's terrible news re your cousin. I can only hope that things are better than they look currently. :(

Thanks everyone xxx

Kitchen dramas continue - half the Ikea units I want are out of stock, so can't even go and get what i want, Instead, found a lovely kitchen online - but it just depends on when they can deliver, will ring tomorrow.

Pouring with rain here, so it's a day for books and listening to Classic FM. We're doing a concert in November which is sponsored by them, so I'm keeping an ear out for the promo - they are running about 300 across October :)

Morning suse,

Boo hiss to Ikea - hope you get it sorted xx. It's been raining here heavily all night and continues to. Have a relaxing day xx.

Thanks lovely :)

Must report on a funny thing - when I go to the loo, Orbs has always come with me, to keep me company or whatever - but last night and this morning, she used her litter at the same time as I was on the loo ROFL! I always thoughts cats liked their privacy for the litter box, but we've become the family that tinkles together, stays together :D

Haha love Orby's style. She's such a sweetie. Hope everything turns out with the units. I always listen to classic fm in my car, much better than shouty presenters will listen out for the promo. :)

Sorry to hear about your cousin. Healing thoughts going out. IKEA need a kick up the bum. Don't they appreciate your need??!!
On a lighter note the puppy has been healing but don't want to take her home! Just reinforces that we are not in a position to take on another. She's lovely to cuddle but not potty trained yet. We had enough of that in Emma's twilight years. Had dogs and cats for 27 years. Time to stick to fish for a bit lol

Completely get that Lisa - not having pets does make things like travelling and so on much easier.

Having a lovely bookish night, classical is on and I'm ploughing through the 800+ freebies on the kindle app. I tend to read really fast, and I know within a chapter or two if the book is going to hold my attention or not. If not they get deleted.

I probably keep about 1 in every 8-10 books, but they're all free - and some are brilliant :)

Oh suze, sorry to hear of your kitchen troubles but maybe for the best? Hope this other kitchen firm can do a better job.

Last time I ordered anything from Ikea, it took 2 months to arrive (really, 2 months) and when the 3rd delivery date came and went with no call or bed from Ikea I called and cancelled. 3 days later the bed turned up, the boxes so battered up that EVERY piece was damaged inside. I was furious. I called them and it was collected in a week. I have bought tons from Ikea and love their stuff, but they have gone down hill loads in last couple of years!

Sorry to hear about your other drama too but sounds like it is sorting itself out. x

Danka xx. HVe a great week x. Looks like a blessing about the cupboards being out of stock after reading the others comments about ikea. Hope it's sorted x.

Back