Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning all

Much happier today, the situation with my cousin is looking more positive. She's not out of the woods yet, but the blood count is not as high, so cross fingers it's something like IBS.

Really relieved, yesterday I felt like I couldn't breathe properly, like I had a wardrobe sitting on my chest - just stress, I guess. I was worried about getting the flat sorted if I had to suddenly fly home, could I transfer the cruise to someone else, all silly things like that - but much better today, although with a slight hangover :)

Good new Susie, fingers crossed for her. 3 of my favorite authors have books out/coming out soon- Donna Tartt, Anne Rice and Diane Setterfield. All too pricey at the moment but will pounce when they go down. Great book link. :)

Val this will make you mega jealous - a friend of mine just asked if I wanted to go to Donna Tartt talking about her new book @ Waterstones, but sadly I can't go.

TG it's nearly home time, have been yawning my head off after being up half the night talking to people at home. Will sleep well tonight! :)

Morning all

Got SEVEN hours sleep without waking up last night, even a bursting bladder couldn't get me up lol - and gosh I feel good today! :)

The flat renovations were starting to unravel but are seeming to come together again - tiles come tomorrow, my favourite delivery man is going to pick up lots of dosh from me tonight and go and get the Ikea kitchen tomorrow (bless him), and the plasterers and plumber start Friday! then it's a mad rush to get as much done as possible before move in day next Saturday (pushed it back a few days!).

Sxxx

Good you got some sleep. Thanks for link she's coming to Edinburgh but on hubby's birthday so can't go. :(

Great it's coming together on the flat, Wow it's all go there.

Hello kids

Not much going on here, except the usual mayhem with the flat :rolleyes: - will get around to uploading some before pics on Picasa or the cloud. Also some nonsense at work, but that too will pass...

Sxx

hope work sorts it's self out mate...you don't need added rubbish !
look forward to pictures.
xx

OMG shattered.com - just back from buying the Ikea kitchen (nightmare, but it's done now), rushing back to the flat to show a prospective tenant around, then back to the new flat to open up so the guys could offload the kitchen - lots and lots of flatpack!

Now just back home to feed an anxious Orby and pour a glass of the good stuff!

The work problem is still there, and I ended up having a "conversation' with her in Ikea, of all things. Spoke to HR and got so heated I steamed up the windows of the car :D It will all blow over, but I really can't handle people who make wrong decisions then try to shift the blame!

Bloody hell Suze, just catching up on your diary, you've really got a load on your plate (no pun intended!)

Cousins, colleagues, kitchens, cats.... Maybe it's the letters c/k that are doing it? I hope things start to work out soon in all areas and that you and Orby wan catnobi can just get on with your lives without the drama!!!

Promise to be around more after Monday 21.10 (assignment submission date!)

Kell xxx

Ooh good luck Kell! And love Orby's name :D She wasn't very Jedi like a minute ago, fell off the bench hehe :D

Just chillaxing after sorting some stuff out for Freecycle, most of which has already been bagsied. Plumbing and plastering starts tomorrow, and the kitchen floor tiles are going down so the kitchen can be built from Wednesday, new bathroom suite goes in Wednesday too, walls start being painted, and the floor goes down Thursday and Friday - all in time for me to move next Saturday! Phew!!

So, all being well, this time next week Orbs and I should be safe and sound in our new home. It's all happening in such a rush it's hard to get excited about it all, I'm not in love with it like I would a Victorian building - but it's going to be a comfortable roof over our heads, and I'm on the London market again, which is the main thing.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday x

Yeah Lisa is right, we have a Victorian terrace and it's just ongoing maintenance all the time. Always something to do!

Wow Susie, you don't hang about on the house front. Great it's all go. I agree with Lisa so much maintenance and redoing of everything in a victorian property. It will be gorgeous and cozy! Can't wait for pics. Hope work prob gets sorted. x

Back