Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

:eek::yuk:.........don't think i'd even wash a stinking dog in that bathroom !
well babes..the thing is..is that it's your work in progress,and when you look back through the
pictures you'll see you're :superwoman: and it will be soooooooo worth it.

LOL thanks all - I visited this morning and there's no way the place will be liveable by Saturday so have delayed the move by a week - 2 November - and life will be much easier! :)

I just hadn't realised how big a deal top to bottom renovation is - and how many decisions you have to make in a short space of time! :eek:

But at least it means all the ceilings can be skimmed, the walls and skirting boards properly plastered, the doors sanded and painted - and the bathroom in place!

Evening all - all getting sorted for the move in 10 days, soooo glad I delayed, I actually am starting to relax (a bit) and looking forward to it all :D

Hope you're all well and happy xxx

Good thinking on delaying the move by a few days, moving is stressful enough and a huge upheaval. How exciting though to make it your own home ( and Orby of course) good luck with the project Susie, it will be so worth it in the end x

Yes looking forward to seeing the photos. So, you will be in for christmas!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Evening Val - you should be here with me, I'm just chilling, with a glass of red for medicinal purposes, a piano concerto tinkling quietly away, reading a cozy mystery - bliss!

This weekend I am finally going to clear out old books and clothes and - instead of leaving them in a pile somewhere where they slowly migrate back to the bookshelves and wardrobe - I am handing them over to the charity shop :D

Feeling a lot poorer tonight, paid out half the money to the builder/carpenter who has roped in his entire family to work on the flat - his wife loves painting apparently and is doing a grand job, so who am I to disabuse her of the notion? :D

Still a lot to do - but a big push this week and it should nearly be right for move in on the 2nd. Lessons learned so far - renovation is a stressful business, with constant decisions to be made and deliveries to keep on top of, neighbours need to be kept sweet - and never ever ever ever use Victoria Plumb!

Right, back to my book (Decanting the dead - not bad, all about wine of course, but it's enjoyable) xxxx

My perfect evening Susie. You might like 'The Belchester Chronicles' by Andrea Frazer. It's a series of 3 cozy mysteries and they have cocktail hour everyday the last book even has recipes at the end. :) Just had a thought maybe it was you that told me about them lol. All the money spent will be worth it but I know it's scary.

Hi Susie, great to hear everything progressing even if hard work. It will be worth it:D
Xxxxxxxx

All very exciting Susie, all the expense and stress will be worth it in the end ( says me who lives in an absolute money pit of a house and complains every day about the million jobs that STILL need doing lol) xx

Morning kids :)

Sorry I've been a bit quiet, been manic with work, house, life - you name it :D But I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel - floor is down, kitchen is in, worktops get measured tomorrow and with a good wind behind us will be fitted on Friday, painting done and unhappy neighbour (constant complainer!) pacified for now. Move Saturday, cleaner also comes Saturday to do the old flat, then the exit check on Monday and we're done! Then a week off, then back to work for a week, then the house sitters arrive to look after Orby while I jet off to the Med! :D Blimey, I'll be glad when things calm down a little...

LouLou has just been picked up from work for her MOT - my little baby, being driven away by a stranger! But the guy said she looks fine, so she should get through :) Such a good service, they come and pick up and drop off your car for a fiver! I do love companies that make life easier :D

Food has been carby, needless to say - I've been trying to use freezer items up and made a big slow cooker meal from carrots, tomatoes and other veg - so, carby, but good for me :) Doesn't half make me park though, four times this morning (sorry but I needed to share LOL). Must be all the fibre from the veg.

Have a good day, lovelies! xxx

Back