Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Lust away babes - but to follow through, you'll have to come visit :D Then we can see just how many bottles of vodka go into one of these mothers :D

The lads have left, the bathroom isn't quite finished but OK for me to have a shower, about time or I'd be reported to Environmental Health :D In to work tomorrow but only the morning then off to Ikea (again) for two more base cupboards, and that's it.

Here's a couple of pics of my bedroom, with a close up of the paper - I just love it! It's only on one wall, the rest is painted white. Ignore the wrinkles, they will have gone by the morning (unlike mine!).

IMG_3368.jpgIMG_3369.jpg

Oh god that's beautiful!!! My sister has those gold and blues in her living room and it's just timelessly chic!

Bravo Susie Floozy xx

Very nice! My dining room paper is exactly the same colours (or it will be when I finally take it out of the carrier bag and actually get it on the wall)

we must both have excellent taste lol :D xx

Morning all

Sorry I've been awol but been loads going on. The flat is getting there, though, and should be more or less fit for the house sitters by Thursday!

Will try and catch up on all your news before I go :)

Hi lovelies

Just done a quick catch up with your diaries before I try and get three hour's sleep before the cab comes at (groan) 3.30am to head off to Gatwick.

the flat is nearly there, still some bits and pieces to do but at least i can see the floor :) Will do pics when I get back.

Have fun, do everything I'd do and more and I'll 'see' you on the 26th xxx

Well lovelies I've had two fab days in Barcelona but as about 10 of us wait in the hotel to go to the ship it's all thunder and lightening, with snow throughout the Med and VERY rocky seas! No mention of icebergs so far.

You'll be glad to know that instead of panicking we're all deciding what cocktails to have when we get on board lol because we've all bought the inclusive drinks package, so may spend the next four days getting sozzled!

Love and kisses, S

Hia susie, sorry I missed saying Bon voyage too but sounds like you are having a great time! Catch you when you get back and enjoy the rest of your hollibobble :)

Hi lovelies! :)

I'm back, still in one piece and feeling on top of the world :) The cruise was brilliant fun, met some great people and we had many lovely cocktails to get over the fact that we were sailing at the edge of the awful storm that hit Sardinia. I did actually think we were in trouble on the second night! :eek: Barcelona is beautiful, a very elegant city and I can't wait to go back.

Also had a fabulous three day tour round the Abruzzo region in Italy. What a gorgeous place! It's more dramatic than Tuscany, with mountains to one side and sea the other, and with some very picturesque hillside villages - in fact, I've found The One for me :D It's called Palombaro and felt just right :) Here's a link to some pics until I get mine uploaded - Town of Palombaro. Now all I have to do is rob a bank...

Ate like there was no tomorrow the entire time - all day buffets and restaurant quality evening meals on the cruise were hard to resist, as well as the gorgeous home cooked meals at a lovely agriturismo we stayed at called L'Uliveto, including much pasta. I'm sure you all realised I fell off the l/c wagon some time ago, and after much reflection I think I'm going to go back to a carb woe with more veg, make everything from scratch and just keep it simple for a while. My bank account is now cleaned out and I really need to reduce my food costs, so it will be lots of bean slow cooker meals for me through the winter :)

Anyway it's lovely to be back and I'll catch up on all your news over the next few days xxx

Welcome back lovely. Great pics, so glad you had a wonderful time. Love Italy, but only been to Tuscany. I play the lottery in hope every week. I don't update my diary I'm still cal counting and loving it. I'll send you a link of a good site I found. He's straight talking but that's what I need. x

Welcome back huni bun xx. Big hugs and loves on getting into the new place xxxx.

I'm still cal counting and loving it. I'll send you a link of a good site I found. He's straight talking but that's what I need. x

Oooh yes please Val, I'd love to see that. Went shopping today and bought Gino D'Acampo's book, the Italian Diet. A mediterranean woe really appeals to me, so will give it a shot from Monday :) and get myself into the italian way of eating - they really do know how to enjoy life!

Here's a pic of a gorgeous village called Colledimezzo -

IMG_3911.jpg
And here's a pic of the Maiella mountains from the balcony of the agriturismo I stayed at.

IMG_3947.jpg

Toni - I missed Orby dreadfully while I was away but she was very well looked after and loved by the housesitters. She was quite scared of me when I first trundled in (at 1.30am in the morning :eek: - I got the last plane out of Pescara before they closed the airport because of snow!) - but we're loving cuddly friends again now :D

Last edited:
Lovely photos! Glad u n orbs are best of cuddle friends again, she's such a character!

As for the Italian way of eating, you're speaking my language, all that stuff, olive oil, basil, tomatoes - fresh n sun dried, good bread, cured meats, every thing fresh and not processed, oh yum! Let's not forget the red wine!? (which I hear is low carb too as the yeast eats up all the sugar in the fermentation process - providing it is dry wine). Good luck hun x

Amazing photos Susie. Aww a special reunion with Orby, it's amazing how much we miss them and can't wait to see them. Will send you a pm with the links.

Have a relaxing weekend :)

Back