Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Morning all

Relaxing weekend was had, thanks Val - a little unpacking here, a little red wine there :D Sorted the kitchen cupboards out which made me happy, I've found that disorder makes me feel quite uncomfortable now (my Mum would be doing cartwheels to hear tidiness has finally kicked in lol) - like a disturbance in the force :D

Today is Day 1 of the Austerity Drive. I have more costs with the new flat being a 2 bed (my council tax has gone up by £40!), so it's bring B and L to work, no more lattes from the cafe and use up lots of canned and frozen stuff. I don't want to post my menus here as they aren't low carb, so might start a food diary in the Calorie Counting section.

Have a good one, all xxx

Morning lovely. Glad you had such a lovely time and Orbs has forgiven you. I wouldn't bother starting another diary, just log your food in MFP as that's the same as writing it in a diary with the added bonus that it adds it all up for you :D Since moving my diary to silver no one reads it, not that I actually write in it at the mo due to being on the see-food diet!
Would love to visit soon but it's that usual not enough free days situation, although we are going to the O2 tonight so I could give you a wave lol.
All those coffees add up don't they. We are cashless here and it doesn't take long to get through the tenner I put on my staff card. I have a chap in the office who is my coffee b*tch but he's not here often enough hahah I'm not ashamed to admit that eyelash fluttering is sooo my style :D

It does add up, eh - I worked out I normally spend £10-12 a day! But just added up my costs and my B. L and D with all snacks and coffees comes to £7 worth of stuff out of my monthly shop, so I'm feeling very virtuous! :)

I'd forgotten about MFP, will go back to it today. I'm not setting a cal limit at the moment, just want a couple of 'normal' eating days and see how they come out. Edit - just done today's and it's come out at just under 1500, including a big dollop of olive oil on my salad, so I'm happy with that :)

Understand completely about the visit, anyway it's my turn isn't it! :)

Last edited:
Morning all

Had a good day's eating yesterday, really enjoyed my beef casserole in the slow cooker last night :) I'm not drinking as much water as you would on l/c but the jury seems out (again) about just how much water one is supposed to have! :confused: But in general I think a med type diet will suit me very well.

Hope you are all well xxx

Morning all

End of week one and I'm happy to say I've lost 7lbs - really love this woe but I imagine some of it will be water - but so far, so good!

Have a lovely weekend x

Thanks hun, really happy :)

The ticker says I've lost more but I didn't want to forget my biggest ever weight (as if!). Have also decided to have one day on the weekend where I eat whatever, still try and keep within my cal allowance but don't fret about it - it's a tortoise and hare thing :D

Like these tickers, by the way, they are from Lilyslim, if anyone's wondering :)

Last edited:
Morning all

Had a very indulgent weekend - but it's kinda hard to avoid coming up to Christmas, so am not going to worry too much!

Hope your Christmas shopping is done, the tree is up and the main stresses are over. Mine is a very quiet one this year - not sending many cards, no presents, not buying myself anything big, just giving a bit of money to charity.

Sx

Got a bit of the shopping done and donated 2 pressies to a refuge as you may have seen on fb. Still in bed being attacked by this little monster whilst trying to type! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Wow Susie well done it really does agree with you. Good plan to eat whatever one day on weekend, will make it easier. Heard on news today that the Med way of eating is better than medicine for certain illnesses. Had no power, heat etc for over 2 days, so just catching up on post. Not started Christmas shopping yet. Saw this online for Orby- lol. :)

normal_cat-scratch-deck.jpg

Thanks Toni, I am enjoying it - just have to make sure the weekend's excesses don't wipe out the week's losses :)

But it's true on the motivation, had a great couple of days :)

Back