Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi ya!!

So good to hear you've stopped smoking - keep it up. XxxX

And any exercise is good - not naff at all. The important things are that your moving, you enjoy it and it fits in well with your routine xxx.

I wondered about the park stuff - although I've been eating lots of spinach, cabbage and beans, so hopefully it will all work out in the end hehe :eek:

Well it has been a good day overall - Mick the lovely handyman made a start on the last few jobs, while I waited and waited and waited for a Parcelforce guy - who didn't arrive, naturally. The lying so and so reported that he'd attempted delivery so I rang and very politely told them to a) reprimand/shout at/sack the driver and b) redeliver first thing tomorrow - so we'll see if it arrives.

Didn't think as much as smoking today as before, so maybe I'm turning a corner?

Sxxx

Afternoon all

A busy day so far but it's Day 5 of NS for me and I'm f-e-e-e-eling good :D Finally got a decent sleep, which makes all the difference!

Foodwise, will be down on cals so might adjust my amount back down a bit.

Hope you're having a good day xxx

Oh thanks so much Sandra! I actually just got hit by a real craving - so reading your post was a fabulous boost! :)

Deep breaths, some black cohosh and korean ginseng, herbal tea (having a love affair with peppermint and licorice at the mo), and I'm getting through it.

Mick has been doing more fab work on the flat - my large coffee table has been trimmed down so I can have my two 3 seater sofas opposite each other and have leg room, the new white sofa covers arrived and will go on tomorrow, the Ikea curtains were delivered (yaye) and will also go up tomorrow, crystal door handles are starting to go on, and the new lights are in in the kitchen. Towel radiator goes up tomorrow, the last kitchen cabinet (I bought the wrong one so Mick has had to be a bit inventive to fix it) gets done and the wall panel heater goes up in the main bedroom. Pics tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Well done you fabulous non smoker. Can't wait to see pics either xxxx

Morning Hun bun x.

Well done on the staying stopped - so proud of you xxxx. Been there know how hard it is at first.

The flat sounds beautiful Suse, can't wait to see piccies xx.

Piccies will be loaded up tonight, cherubs :D

And thank you all for the support, it really helps! I wonder if the licorice tea set off the cravings, I read today that it's used in some tobacco products. I'll stick to a lovely citrus tea I've got from Pukka and see how I get on. Can't quite believe I've reached Day 6! benefits - my breathing is feeling much better and it's not such a struggle to walk places :D

Lovely Lisa - I'm getting rid of my vaper stuff, do you want it?

Hi Susie. Well done on giving up the ciggies. I know you get the free kindle book list, but in case you haven't spotted it there is one on there today about quitting smoking. Think it was only a few pages, but there may be something useful in there... and there is always the delete button! Amazing that you can notice the difference in your breathing so quickly. Now, on the other hand, I have never smoked so much as one puff in my entire life and currently have some sort of cold type infection which has found its way onto my chest, so I am puffing and coughing like a 40 a day-er at the moment! There's no justice in this world is there? ;D Seriously though, all credit to you for doing so well.

Craig wants one but is skint lol. I'm using mine again at the mo to cut down and have some loverrrly flavours in it but had to give one away cos it tasted like 7Up! Way too sweet for me xx

Well let me send you what I've got and if you or Craig can use it, then all good. There's one I bought from eBay which is still in its packet.

And thanks Moonie! I know I'm going on about it, but I am rather proud of myself so far :D

Evening all

A mad day at work - but fun :D

Righto, pics as promised. As you all know, I ain't no David Bailey, but at least most of them are in focus LOL - https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2Grq0zwG2YzSm

Pics of the famous door handle, the kitchen (bit of a mess), main bedroom with my lovely Chinoserie bedside cabinets and screen finally out of boxes, bathroom, and lounge - didn't get the curtains up or the new cover put on the sofa yet, you'll just have to imagine it. Behind my desk, and the other side of the doorway, will be floor to ceiling bookshelves, and I've got four lovely prints by a fab 15th century painter called Arcimboldo to go up, two above each sofa - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...McOshQfi-YEI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=875

Suze I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the sink and those bathroom tiles are lush too x

So pleased you like it hun.

All done on a budget though - kitchen, including the sink, from Ikea. Wall tiles - Metro - on sale at Homebase for about £6 a box. Ditto the floor tiles. Fridge freezer new costs £1000 - bought for £260 on eBay. Both sofas (Ikea Ektorp) from eBay for £100 the pair including delivery :D

That looks lovely.

i love your kitchen!

Back