Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Woohoo that is good news as you need the break after all you've gone through. All the classes I've been to seem to have helpers that have been around for years and they're always huge! Never gives me confidence. Like going to a hairdresser whose own hair is in a state. It's all very well having loyal helpers but if they're obviously not winning on the diet despite going to class every week it's not the inspiration you're going there for! Just my personal experience but I've done the rounds and it's always been the same lol.

Hi Susie, just checking in to see how you are - it has been an incredibly tough time for you ((hugs)). So pleased to hear that your passport is being sorted - you need and should have your holiday break xxxxx

Re diets suggest you don't start anything drastic until you feel head in right place - only another stress. Have you considered something like primal - focus is on good wholesome food avoiding grains but only asks people to try be 80/20 so makes it much more about lifestyle and less about "can't have" rules which then get broken. Also I know you love trying new interesting recipes:)

Xxx

Morning all

Feeling a bit brighter today, but am just going to relax about diets and stuff for the moment - and thanks Katie, I'll look into paleo.

But have cut back on smoking and will give up again when I get back from Italy.

Lovely day here, hope it is the same where you are xxx

You will know when the time is right to resume dieting. Best wishes to you Susie. Sunny here and has been for 3 days on the trot. I am still wearing a vest and warm clothes though. I have the worst thermostat in the world. I go from moaning about the cold to moaning about the heat far too easily.

Oh god more bad news - my lovely boss has just told me he's leaving!!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he is the best boss I've ever had and I am gutted.

Happy for him though, the new job is loads more money, a promotion, international travel and less of a commute, so completely get it. But still...

Would you consider stepping up to his role?

Oh gosh no - the poor guy has been worked into the ground! Too many meetings, too many reports to write that have nothing to do with our Comms work, too many 12 hour days for me.

I used to be ambitious but gave it away for Lent :)

Seriously though, the idea of retiring to Italy early is looking better and better...

Lol - agree you can only be ambitious if you actually want the next role up! :)

Make sure you check primal not paleo - lets you have dairy in moderation and dark chocolate and wine - what's not to like? :D xx

Agree MDA my daily read:)

Girls I've had an epiphany - wake up call - sense check - whatever you want to call it!

Went out for a drink and catch up tonight with a lovely friend whose daughter suffered terribly from cirrhosis and loads of other things. She has started doing paleo and I was talking to my mate about low carb and all the health benefits a non wheat lifestyle has.

It suddenly occurred to me halfway through the conversation that I was selling low carb bigtime, in a really good way - and why the f**k wasn't I doing it again?!!!!

So, I'm back on the wagon tomorrow xxx

Great news on the passport Susie, low carb definitely works, sometimes it's just so hard to get our heads into focus and stay there. I am following SW, losses are slow and steady, I find the days I eat fewer carbs are better for me.
I do enjoy the fruit though and I did miss that previously.
Sorry to hear your boss is leaving, it's so unsettling when that happens.
Have a good weekend hon xx

So unsettling with you lovely boss leaving, hopefully new one will be good. Will they promote from within?

No I don't think so hun, no one is qualified enough to do it. Oh well, just have to grin and bear it, I guess.

Slight delay with starting low carb, I was all enthusiasm and no substance - forgot to organise a grocery delivery lol. Will re-read the book and kick off properly on Monday with a complete carb detox, including no wine :eek:

Can anyone remember the MFP ratios for low carb?

Back