Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Change of plan again girls - after much thought this weekend I've decided the easiest thing is to do CC for a while, particularly with an Italian holiday coming up.

Summer is coming (eventually) and I love eating fruit and yogurt then, and I'll lean heavily on soups and veg for lunch and dinner (but no potato - I love cauli mash/rice much better). Also got myself a soup maker (it arrives tomorrow woohoo) and I've got the fabulous Skinny Soup Maker recipe book from Kindle. So, on the menu this week will be -

- Summer Salad Green Soup
- Mexican Lime, Beans and Tomato soup
- Mushroom, Cream and Herb Soup
- Sweet Potato and Coconut Milk Soup
- Wild Mushroom Stroganoff (slow cooker)
- Chilli Con Carne (SC)

Good luck your menu sounds fab xxx

I do think cc is the most flexible as there's nothing you can't have and if you can have it you're more likely to have less cos you can have it again tomorrow! It's just hard without the cushion of keto suppressing ur appetite. Good luck. The soup selection sounds fab xx

Thanks Lisa, I'm sure it will suit me.

Had a fun afternoon getting stuff ready for work - made up three lots of glowing green smoothies, made four serves of cauli rice for the freezer and then baked a pumpkin and made three lots of curried pumpkin soup.

TG for dishwashers! :)

LOL I've already warned the organiser (who loves his food) that I want pizza and wine and lots of it :)

Alert - non low carb food menus coming up

B - sultana bran, soya milk, tub l/f orange yogurt, tea
S - glowing green smoothie
L - curried pumpkin soup, wholemeal brown roll, salad with red pepper dressing
S - green smoothie
D - chilli con carne and cauli rice

I'm feeling quite virtuous at the thought of all this food prepared by my own fair hand :)

I've also decided to change my ticker goal down to a more bite sized one...and no wine for a week to see how I get on.

Later....hmmm I let MFP calculate my cals and it's 1600, which seems huge - but I guess it's about sustaining it long term? Today's menu is well under that, even with another yogurt and a couple of gingernuts thrown in :)

Last edited:
And don't forget butternut squash for soup. I bought a squash soup mix in Sainsbos, added tinned toms (just because I could) and pimped it up with spices and it was fab. Was that the BMR calculator that you used on MFP? Mine said 1400 and something but I use 1200 on my daily allowance and know that I've got a buffer cos I'm not good at measuring :D I really must get back to it as it's less than 3 months til Viva Espana 2014 and I'm a blob at the mo as there's been some stuff going on in Lisaland and I've made no effort whatsoever since January :break_diet:

Might look up the soup book even if I don't have a soup maker. Love the idea of a glowing green smoothie. X

I do mine in the blender Val - it's very nice actually, and a dam fine way of getting spinach into me :)

And don't forget butternut squash for soup. I bought a squash soup mix in Sainsbos, added tinned toms (just because I could) and pimped it up with spices and it was fab. Was that the BMR calculator that you used on MFP? Mine said 1400 and something but I use 1200 on my daily allowance and know that I've got a buffer cos I'm not good at measuring :D I really must get back to it as it's less than 3 months til Viva Espana 2014 and I'm a blob at the mo as there's been some stuff going on in Lisaland and I've made no effort whatsoever since January :break_diet:

Pumpkin is more or less the same as squash, and I do love them both. And yes hun I did use the BMR calculator - I'm not too bothered, I'll come in about 1200 or thereabouts most days I think.

I got so depressed about weight on the weekend - I have put on 30lbs (OMFG) since this time last year. Ridiculous woman. Anyway, I'm back in focus now and feeling OK - except I'm knackered and I've just got totm which is painful - but hopefully at this stage of the menopause game, it will only last a day or two instead of my usual seven.

Oh suze you can get this off time. ! Xxx think positive xxx we are all here for you x

Aww thanks guys - there's no point in feeling sorry for myself, I got me here and it's up to me to lose the weight. It was probably just the totm talking.

I've had a nice evening, cooking. Made the Summer Salad soup - made in the soup maker but only set to chunky, so I hand blended it and that will do for lunch tomorrow.

Also made the wild mushroom stroganoff in the slow cooker, which smells delicious, and that's dinner done for tomorrow night, with cauli mash :D

Morning all

Totm is proving to be an ugly one but I'm feeling quite alert, must be all the veg :)

Menus are in mfp, didn't think it was fair to keep posting them here.

Sxx

Susie, you wobble sometimes, but others (me) would crash in flames with what you have had in your life recently. So, number one is that you are an impressively fabulous person for your spirit in the face of adversity. That spirit is so important and is what makes you YOU. You now know what you want to do with your eating, which is so important. As Coffeelover says you are focused, which is GREAT!! I am watching you and wafting your strength in my direction, keep it up. *waft-waft*

Oh wow Lynne what a lovely thing to say, you made me well up! :)

That is really sweet of you and I will have a smile on my face all day now xxx

Awwww... You can feel the love round here! :love:

LOL Macca lovely to see you

Morning all - bit of a train wreck here this morning. Orbs brought in a wee new born bird last night, which was still alive, so I kept it warm under the lamp and tried to get it to eat something, but sadly it died around 1am - and then yours truly cried buckets. So today I have swollen eyes and look a right picture...

But I'm still on the wagon -

B - cereal, yog, tea
L - green smoothie, then curried pumpkin soup and a roll
D - mushroom stroganoff with pasta and spinach

Have a great day all xxx

Back