Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Oh go for it suze! But I do agree commutes are poo

Sorry about your horrible day Susie- wow that's a quick decision on their part. I would apply for the job. I commute 40 min each way for a crap job, yours sounds great and worth it! X

Afternoon ladies - woken up with really bad sinuses today, probably from the awful air yesterday - but did WI and I can't quite believe it. Stood on the scales three times and it said the same thing every time - a 9lb loss!!!

That means I'm nearly halfway to my mini goal woohoo!!!

Wow great loss, well done :)

Fantastic suze. Cc does work x

Thanks gang :D I'm getting into a routine and that will help stick to it in the long term - and will try my hardest not to go mad in Italy next weekend! :)

Morning all

Had a very lazy treat filled weekend, with lots of wine and pasta, and put 3lbs on - but am back to juice and soup this week so should drop that OK before Italy - and will aim to sts while I'm away, there will be lots of eating but also lots of walking :)

B - yog and fruit
L - cauli cheese cup of soup, rice cakes
D - left over beef casserole

Have a good one!

Morning all

A good night foodwise, except for the chocolate, nuts and the four pieces of shortbread! :eek: But the low cal day I had means I sts'd in my SWI (sneaky weigh in) today, phew :)

I've realised my eating has become a bit 5:2, with low cals during the week and then treats pushing the cals up on the weekends - oh well, whatever works long term, right! :D

B - cereal and yog
L - spinach and bean falafels with lettuce and mayo
D - veggie casserole with cauli mash
S - cups of soups, rice cakes, banana, mandarin

I'm a 5:2 aswell and that's how I plan to maintain aswell.

Yeah I think I've got my head round it a lot more - and now of course I am QUEEN of the skinny soup so I am bound to succeed! :D

I'm going to try sweet potato and coconut milk soup tonight mmmmm :)

Hi, think 5.2 is a great way to eat, even if you don't go as low as 500, that soup sounds lovely, I love coconut milk. Enjoy your day.

Sweet potato and coconut oil soup (from the Skinny Soup Maker book)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp crushed chilli flakes - to taste
1 tbsp medium curry powder
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
500ml veg stock
250ml coconut milk
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander

Add everything except the coconut milk -it says to cook on high for 30 mins then stir the milk through and leave to warm gently - but mine (a Waring) doesn't do that, so I'll probably just biff it all in and see what happens - another of the great Lady Felsham Kitchen Adventures :D

Sweet potato and coconut oil soup (from the Skinny Soup Maker book)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 tsp crushed chilli flakes - to taste
1 tbsp medium curry powder
500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
500ml veg stock
250ml coconut milk
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander

Add everything except the coconut milk -it says to cook on high for 30 mins then stir the milk through and leave to warm gently - but mine (a Waring) doesn't do that, so I'll probably just biff it all in and see what happens - another of the great Lady Felsham Kitchen Adventures :D

Hi, hope you don't mind me jumping in? Is this really a DD meal?? It sounds sooo good
I do 2½:4½ schedule at the moment and eat just 500cal once on a DD. That' s usually an omelette on thee eggs and some veg in it.

Back