Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I just have to keep thinking "I do not want a seat belt extension in August" when I fly home for the memorials. That's goal number 1!

Just having a yummy cauli cheese cup of soup, courtesy of Mr Harriott - a million times better than what else I've been having :) Getting the soupmaker out tonight to make the scrumptious summer salad soup tonight, so it's ready for me working from home tomorrow - otherwise i will graze sigh....

I keep thinking I want to do VLCD for a quick loss but have to remind myself of all the hair I lost on Exante. Shocking. It's all growing back now tho.

What goes in a summer salad soup? Sounds interesting!x

Oooh I love it Pog - from the skinny soup maker kindle book - here we go :)

1 tbsp olive oil 250g/ 9oz courgettes/ zucchini, chopped 250g/ 9oz fresh peas 125g/ 4oz chard, chopped 1 small bunch spring onions/ scallions, chopped 2 celery stalks, chopped 1 fennel bulb (aprox 250g), chopped 1 romaine lettuce, shredded 750ml/ 3 cups vegetable stock 2 tbsp freshly chopped garden herbs (parsley , basil & mint is a good combination).

I keep thinking I want to do VLCD for a quick loss but have to remind myself of all the hair I lost on Exante. Shocking. It's all growing back now tho.

Mine never grew back to as thick as it was before I messed around with VLCDs.

I still think the best one for flavour and lack of lumps was Slin and Save but even that I had to stick with the flavours I knew were edible.

Mine never grew back to as thick as it was before I messed around with VLCDs.

That's interesting. I have yet to see if it grows back as before. It was quite recently I tried VLCD. Oh dear, what do we do to our bodies? :(

Oooh I love it Pog - from the skinny soup maker kindle book - here we go :)

1 tbsp olive oil 250g/ 9oz courgettes/ zucchini, chopped 250g/ 9oz fresh peas 125g/ 4oz chard, chopped 1 small bunch spring onions/ scallions, chopped 2 celery stalks, chopped 1 fennel bulb (aprox 250g), chopped 1 romaine lettuce, shredded 750ml/ 3 cups vegetable stock 2 tbsp freshly chopped garden herbs (parsley , basil & mint is a good combination).

That sounds good - and very nutritious! :)

Hi Susie, sorry to hear the packs are so horrid but good to hear you'll be back on your yummy soups:). Great idea to have one very clear goal (plane seat belt - that was mine too!). Actually company bus trips where it was required for hse to wear one and no extender so i had to pretend were even worse:eek:

Remember to take it one mouthful at a time, then if you do eat one thing or have one meal off, it doesnt derail the whole process. Go for it xxxx

Hi Susie I hope you are having a good weekend, all very quiet on minis this weekend.

Morning all

Decided to spend the weekend relaxing in the nice weather and not being on the computer at all, which was lovely.

I've STS'd on weight this morning but I dunno, I'm just losing the heart for it at the moment - feel really fed up with always thinking about food and weight loss and the yoyoing back and forth.

I don't want to jump off the wagon completely because I'll just put more weight on, I know, but I want to think about something else for a change. Anyone else feel that way?

Ah Susie, don't be hard on yourself, you have had a very traumatic few months with the death of your uncle and dad. It took me 15 months after my dad's death to get my head in the right place, I still struggle. Instead of trying to loose weight try keeping off the scales,not easy I know, maybe give the scales to a friend for a few weeks. Than trying to restrict cals to a low level try allowing yourself around 2000/2200 per day. This is what "normally" slim people use naturally. That way you will still be able to eat properly, with some treats and you might even loose weight.... Even if you don't at least you won't put on. I also know that you don't like ww because they promote their own products, but I think lots of classes dont do this too much, maybe the support you will get will help. A friend of mine is going at the moment and they have a new program, a little bit similar to sw, but which allows more treats.
I think one of the problems, for me anyhow, in the last year is that I chopped and changed from one diet to another from day to day and then nothing worked.

Best of luck. ((Hugs))

I know how you feel. I've felt the same all year and with only a month till my holiday am at my biggest ever and know it's my own fault. Three words for you: Seat Belt Extender!! Three kinder words: Lots Of Love xx

I've STS'd on weight this morning but I dunno, I'm just losing the heart for it at the moment - feel really fed up with always thinking about food and weight loss and the yoyoing back and forth.

I don't want to jump off the wagon completely because I'll just put more weight on, I know, but I want to think about something else for a change. Anyone else feel that way?

Me! Me! Me! I feel that way too! I know I don't want to be obsessing over food/diet for the rest of my life and I'm quite stressed out at the moment. I'm trying not to let it get to me even though I've gone back to the weight when I decided I wanted to give carb cycling a go.

Forget about the scales, what do your clothes say? Are they any looser?

Just think about how much you have lost so far and remind yourself you don't want that SEAT BELT EXTENDER!

And remember, don't be too hard on yourself x

Think We're all the same Susie, almost impossible not to think of food all the time for me too. What about little goals of 5lbs at a time. Heard that ww has a quick start or something like that, very like sw without the treats? I'm trying to keep carbs below 80 and cal count as I don't have the money to go and buy lots of new food and have lots of carby stuff in the house. Remember walk with Lesley will make you feel better too. Sending you hugs honey. x

Yes, I think we all get fed up from time to time. It's why I've failed at countless diets in the past. Try not to beat yourself up too much - you've already dropped 15lbs which is a fantastic accomplishment! That said, think of what you've been through to do it. It would be a shame to undo all that hard work and discipline, wouldn't it? Here's hoping you feel better soon, good luck. :)

Thank you ladies, I feel so lucky to have you here, because you get "it". I'm feeling a bit self defeatist today - so thanks for your kind words, good advice and overall support xxxx

Afternoon all

Think I'm out the other side of feeling sorry for myself, for the time being anyway :) In the last four days, I've had another tummy bug and my water heating system had a complete meltdown, with no hot water - which I think was all adding to my general blues.

But now the tummy is better and I am now the proud (albeit, much poorer) owner of a brand spanking new, 21st century heating system - and today had my first decent shower for days - bliss!!!

Been thinking about the food issue too, and am going to not worry about it over the weekend while I read a new kindle book I got last night, Eating Less by Gillian Riley - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eating-Less-Say-Goodbye-Overeating/dp/0091902479 - she has a website too - Start | Eating Less by Gillian Riley - because her approach seems to get great reviews. I'll let you know what I think xxx

Sorry to hear you had a tummy bug so much going about. Living without hot water is a miserable experience, no wonder you were feeling down.

Book sounds & looks interesting.

Any holiday weekend plans? x

Back