Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Glad you are feeling more like yourself... Book looks interesting, I have downloaded a sample....

Sent by mistake, meant to say I am doing becks at the moment, interesting.

Hi Susie hope you ok. Xx

No hot water is a nightmare! I remember once I didn't have any for 2 weeks. I came into work for showers during the weekday and gym at weekends :D

Re the book, loads of good reviews and they go on about 'the technique' which intrigues me. It sounds like the book helps you reprogramme the way you think about food etc. I might have a proper look later on x

Hope you've had a fab weekend, folks, the weather yesterday was gorgeous - I went for a lovely drive with the roof down for the first time this year :) Today alas it's raining but nice to stay in and catch up with posts.

After much thinking it all over, I have finally come to a decision about what plan to do - I'm joining SW tomorrow. A new class has opened close to work, and I really think I need the discipline of attending a weigh in to help keep me focused. Plus I guess a plan that includes pasta could come in handy, especially when I move to buona Italia at some point :D I still think I'll keep reading about overeating because that's always going to be an issue for me - but I do feel good about making a decision.

Was also motivated by reading posts on the SW section of Minis - quite a few people mentioned the plane seatbelt moment as being their turning point :)

Any/all tips are most welcome xxx

I always think joining and weighing is a good idea for keeping to plan. Good luck with SW Susie will be good to have all you favorite foods. x

Morning Susie, I am delighted you have come to a decision, I agree with CL sometimes we need to have someone else weigh us to keep us accountable. I even joined ww about 10 years ago whilst I was doing Atkins, just to keep myself accountable!

I downloaded the full eating less book at the weekend after reading the sample, very interesting reading, I will definitely be trying to change my way of thinking.

Thanks guys - I think it will be worth it. Just got a plastic plate divider from ebay, should help a bit with portion control.

Last edited:
Good luck Susie and keep us posted x

Good luck keep on here though and let us know what you are eating :) xxx

Well I've just got back, the class was cancelled! The organiser is sick, apparently, poor thing.

Next Tuesday is my boss's farewell and it's going to be a huge night, I can't miss it - so SW is postponed for two weeks. Still, at least it gives me a chance to clean the fridge out.

Hi Canadian - it's Slimming World - a UK based slimming club, they do food combining and a lot of people do extremely well on it.

Hi there
Just caught up with your diary , I'm still doing SW, only lost 10lb but I'm not putting on and I am loving the food and variety. The latest magazine has some lovely recipes in it and a week sample menu it's worth getting whilst you wait to join a class. If you need any tips give me a shout xx

Oh thanks Sandra, that's really sweet of you - and well done on the 10lbs, sounds like a good loss to me!

I'm starting to getting excited about it and am looking forward to it - and I guess I could start now anyway to get me in the swing of things, I'll check out the sample menu.

Otherwise, all good, a bit tired after a blah night's sleep, so early to bed tonight. Maybe it's the cr*p weather....

Hi Canadian - it's Slimming World - a UK based slimming club, they do food combining and a lot of people do extremely well on it.

Thanks! I think I've heard of it before, likely on here. It's great that you're excited about it! Let us know how it goes. :)

Oh Susie, while I'm here I have a question for you! A while back someone (maybe PogMoma?) mentioned that you like Da Vinci sugar free syrups, which I'd been dying to try. I've managed to find the vanilla flavour here and absolutely love it, but I can't find any other kinds locally. I'm thinking of ordering a bunch online - are there any kinds in particular that you really like or really hate?

Hi Canadian

I get mine from Low Carb Megastore - they order them from the USA, I believe, so might be easier for you to get?

I have - orange, raspberry, peanut butter (mmm), caramel (meh), gingerbead (yum yum yum) and egg nog (yum - love it in coffee for that Christmasey taste :))

Ohh interesting that you say caramel is meh, that's the one I want to try the most. (Well, that and lime, but I see the lime has a poor rating on one site.) Thanks so much for the recommendations! I was planning to buy from The Low Carb Grocery as it's a Canadian company, but I will check out the site you mentioned first to compare prices. :)

Back