Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

I think someone said the English toffee flavour was really nice? If caramel isn't that good but you want something like that, maybe look into buying the toffee one?

Thanks, I might! Butterscotch might be good too, although it looks to be sold out at the moment. (Maybe that's a sign that it's good!)

Hi Susie, hope you had a good weekend. x

I have the English Toffee one Canadian and love it, also have the coconut for putting in yogurt- lovely. x

Mmm coconut, that's a good idea :)

Afternoon ladies - had a lovely weekend thanks - but not without drama! The Police were around again on Saturday night - turns out the guy upstairs got absolutely drunk as and took exception to something the people above him were doing, and went up and tried to bash their door in with a baseball bat!!! he has tried it before apparently, and also attacked the people who lived in my place - that's why they moved.

Touch wood, he's OK with me. Let's hope it stays that way - but we're pushing the housing association to get him out, he can't behave like that to other people.

Also met a volunteer from Streetbank on Saturday who weeded the front patio in return for a few veg and yoghurts :)

Foodwise, it was a sea food and eat it diet. Off to SW a week tomorrow.

Morning Susie, gosh the dramas just don't go away, I hope you will enjoy sw, I think if the food suits you it is very successful.

I hope you will enjoy sw, I think if the food suits you it is very successful.

Thanks Sammy - just got to make sure I don't eat my own body weight in pasta. Also did some research - SW have some dodgy marketing partnerships like Muller Lights - they say you can have as many as you like in a day - but it turns out they have 7g of sugar in each pot! So eating a few of those a day is bad stuff. Ditto the salt and sugar contents of mugshots and so on. In fact anything that labels itself low fat has loads of extra sugar in it - so I'll try and keep it unprocessed and make everything from scratch.

BIG farewell party for the boss tonight - hate that he's leaving but am really looking forward to a good chinwag and wine session :)

Thanks Sammy - just got to make sure I don't eat my own body weight in pasta.

I don't know anything about the SW diet so apologize if this doesn't help you...but I love pasta too and wonder if you've ever tried spaghetti squash? I absolutely adore it because really, it's not the pasta itself that I love as much as what I put on it. I find spaghetti squash really satisfying. I just cut it in half, microwave it and put my toppings on. Another benefit is it takes a long time to scrape it clean, so by the time you're done you feel very full. For an extra healthy option I'll steam spinach instead, but the spaghetti squash at least bears some resemblance to actual pasta.

Anyway, good luck with your diet and please keep us updated about that awful neighbour!

What a shame you have a nutter in da house. I hope he is soon gone and y'all can just get on with living in peace.

Morning Susie, when are you starting with sw?

Hi Susie, was the party that good:p. Hope all well and SW is good for you xx

SORRY!!!! :D

It has been a whirlwind since Friday - the farewell was excellent, a lot of fun, but I needed some recovery time on Saturday before dinner out with friends; then brunch yesterday, then interviewing housesitters for Orby in July/August - so it was lovely to sit down and chillax last night - except that it was soooo hot.

Slight change of plan re SW - I've found out you can only have four 'holidays' from classes in a year because of your own holidays or working late. I've got Italy and NZ coming up, which is five nights away from the classes, plus at least three evenings where I'll have to work - so that means I'd be paying the joining fee three times. I think there's enough info online to do it without buying the books off eBay, but I might get the free branded book - do shout if anyone has one they would like to sell.

How are you all? xxxx

Ten minutes later - I've been staring at my post, thinking "What's the point of doing SW if you're not going to go to classes?". Sigh...so Plan Number 42 is back to calorie counting, with an emphasis on Mediterranean eating. Starting tomorrow, because I've just scoffed a pastry.

I've let MFP set the cals which have come up at 1650 - with three lots of exercise a week - and food will focus on fruit, veg, pulses, good oils, chicken, turkey, a little bread and so on.

What do you think? I know we've been here before but hopefully I can focus for longer than a second this time!

Last edited:
Sounds a fun filled weekend Susie. Wow didn't know you could only miss 4 classes. Good idea to do the cc atm. I'm doing the same. x

I have a few SW books I could give you but they're from 2012. Is that ok? Let me know x

Your plan sounds very reasonable and healthy. :) As for having been here before - don't worry about it. Just take what you learned last time and apply it to this time. I think you will be more successful this time around because you have the benefit of past experience to guide you. You can do it!!

Back