Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Hi Suze I was thinking of sw too but I can't be arsed to have to learn another diet and clear out the cupboards again plus I hear you with the missing classes thing. Xx

Hi, you know what they say, all diets work, you just have find what suits you best, certainly cc allows the most flexability. Just make sure you get enough protein, that seems to be the key to fullness. 100grs seems to be around about the amount we should all be having. That equates to 400 cals, then you have the rest for your carbs and fat. If you want a highcarb day, reduce the fat, if you want a high fat day reduce the carbs.....so bread without butter or butter without the bread lol...if only it was that easy!

Hi lovelies

I had a good look round the tescodiets site yesterday (mods - hope it's ok to mention it?) - I enrolled in a month's worth, it was only a tenner, and it does seem very good in lots of ways. You can choose from about 8 different diet plans (Med, healthy living, low GI, etc) and it gives you meal plans which you can edit and do all sorts of things with, and then link it through to your tesco shopping list.

But I've looked at it today and the menus aren't very inspiring, so I might cherry pic a bit and then let it go after a month.

Pog hun thanks so much for the offer of your books but don't worry, I know the basics of SW and there's lots of info online.

Sammy - you are completely right of course, the only thing that doesn't work is my focus, not all the many and varied eating plans I've tried and abandoned! :eek: I just got a kindle book on a 10 day detox that sounds quite good - might try it for a couple of days then do a mix of mediterranean and low cal meals.

OK girls I think I've got the bit between the teeth a bit more today :)

I'm doing cc with a med focus and nothing processed - it's probably the lovely weather but there's nothing too difficult about yog, berries and salad, eh?

Actually my salad today is quite adventurous - spinach, baby fennel, red pepper and tomato with a citrus dressing. Strawbs and grapes to munch on too :D

Thanks for your patience during my endless procrastination - and I promise to catch up on diaries this week xxx

Glad I am not the only one procrastinating. I love sammy1's summing up of eating plans :) I hope you find your chosen WoE refreshing and successful. Keep us posted.

Val I absolutely love fennel! It's a new love, I tried it for the first time in the summer salad soup I posted here a while back - oooh it's lovely, a light aniseed flavour :)

Charming poo story now. I've discovered one way to force myself out of bed early of a morning - eat apricots the day before!!! :eek:. Talk about really having to run for it...twice...:D Think I'll have to rein the fruit in a bit, especially when eaten in combination with a spinach salad. And isn't it disappointing when having walked in the park, you don't weigh less! That doesn't seem fair :)

Quiet day here, I'm hoping it brightens up a bit weather-wise because I've got a BBQ to go to later, no doubt in combo with wine, so will be a high cal day for me. MFP set my cals at 2000 but I'm only doing about 1200 so I think there's room to have a few vinos and some protein.

Have a good one!

I used to cook fennel many years ago. Probably with a cheese sauce, but its so long ago, I don't remember. I don't know why I stopped, but I think I will try it again, it can be available here. LOL at your Apricot Alarm Clock!!! ;)

I hope the BBQ is fun and the weather plays ball.

On a completely different tack - does anyone own a park home or have experience of one? I've been thinking of six months in Italy and six months here when the NZ house sells (if it ever does!), and a good park home might be an option to afford both - and get me out of the tooo-tooo hot Italian sunshine!

We have a friend who lives in one, by a river in Essex and its lovely inside and 3 steps from the water's edge. Its something I would definitely consider if we had to go back to the UK.

I like the look of this one -

2 bedroom mobile home for sale in Great Bentley, Colchester, Essex, CO7

I spoke to the agent this morning and it sounds like a good option - they do allow families but 90% of the owners are 50+ who do what I want to do, live in the UK for a bit then the rest of the time in Europe. Fees cost £3K a year which includes all electricity, water, gas, 24/7 security guard, gym, pool and access to the Country Park. They allow cats, and you can decorate however you want. No subletting, which is a shame, and they are closed between Jan-Feb, but it's entirely gated so no one can just get in.

I don't know Colchester at all - is it close to your friend?

Wow, that is a really lovely place, -different to our friend's place. His is full of mobile homes by the river in Hullbridge on the river crouch, which is sort of on the way to Southend. That place in colchester looks much nicer. I cant say I know Colchester very well, but I have been there a number of times. Seems nice there, they have got a shopping centre (but I think its closed on sunday's). Ah yes I have looked on Google earth and see its not on top of Colchester but in a nice rural setting. And handy for Stansted!!!

Haha apricots :p x

Oooh babes fab my own inhouse expert!

I'm not bothered about whether it makes or loses money, it's a roof over my head for when I'm in the UK - as long as the lease is OK - but do the park homes go out of business very often? How safe is it from that point of view?

And is it better to get one that I can sublet and face the possibility of having neighbours when rent theirs out to just anyone - or go for one that I can't sublet, have to meet the ongoing costs but at least have regular neighbours? Actually, just typing it out has probably answered that for me :) Regular neighbours sounds better, doesn't it?

Any other risks you know of?

Sxxx

Morning all

Weighed in this morning at my heaviest ever OMG so time to pull my finger out and really stay focused!

Food all logged in mfp - basically it's protein in the morning to fill me up, using the "eat like a king at breakfast, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner" mantra, plus lots of fruit and veg.

Here goes....

Hello Susie, just checking back in after a lovely holiday. Glad to see you're still trucking along and navigating the sometimes tricky highway of life!

Slight change of plan re SW - I've found out you can only have four 'holidays' from classes in a year because of your own holidays or working late. I've got Italy and NZ coming up, which is five nights away from the classes, plus at least three evenings where I'll have to work - so that means I'd be paying the joining fee three times. I think there's enough info online to do it without buying the books off eBay, but I might get the free branded book - do shout if anyone has one they would like to sell.

Just a bit of input on this point - unless for some reason your SW group operates under different rules than mine, you get six weeks' holiday each year (starting from when you join rather than a fixed pont in the year), not four. Also you can indicate to the consultant that you work "shifts" - I'm not too sure how they interpret that but I think it does give you a bit more flexibility for the occasions when you need to work. Of course there's always the option of going to a different group that week on a day when you're not working. Also if you buy a Countdown (paying for six or twelve weeks in advance) you effectively get one or two weeks free respectively so that means you can miss another week in every six without having to pay a back-fee. For me the benefits of the group support/routine/accountability outweigh the problem of having to pay for the occasional missed week, but it's horses for courses I guess. Anyway, sounds like you've moved on from the SW idea now, but just wanted to throw those things into the mix.

On a completely different tack - does anyone own a park home or have experience of one? I've been thinking of six months in Italy and six months here when the NZ house sells (if it ever does!), and a good park home might be an option to afford both - and get me out of the tooo-tooo hot Italian sunshine!

Oh and a little note on this as well. It might just be different terminology but there is a (big) difference between park homes and mobile homes (static caravans). Park homes are residential sites where you can legally live all year round and are effectively permanent homes (which just happen to look like caravans when you strip them back to the basics). My mum and her husband live on one in mid-Wales. There is a lot of very complex law and legislation associated with them which does not always protect the resident as much as you'd hope it should. Also, sadly, park home site owners have a generalised reputation for being rather unscrupulous although I'm sure that's not true for all of them. I also know someone who "lives" in a static caravan/mobile home and although I know less about those places I understand that you're only allowed to live there for a maximum of 11 months a year and is it still true that you have to have a "permanent" residence somewhere else where you register for council tax/voting etc? I'm certainly no expert but it's definitely worth doing a lot of research if it's something you're seriously considering...

Good on you Susie with the off the Christmas card list and fb. We don't need to put up with 'psychic pollution'

Home in 2 locations sounds great and some good advise from Lisa and MaccaMarsh.

I'm same heaviest in a long time too and back to protein, veg and some grains. king, princess, pauper idea. I'm so used to having a big meal at night but lots of sources say it's better if you don't and will lose more. x

Back