Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

Thanks Lynne - funnily enough I watched the Joe Cross youtube vid last night :D

Very inspiring! I also found Jason Vale's 5lbs in 5 days book on my kindle app - so am going to start with that, just put my grocery order in.

Sadly my friend passed away last night, am feeling so sad - but also upbeat about the juicing. A strange combination of emotions...

Susie, I am glad you feel upbeat because of this new angle on losing weight. I would say be careful about what juicer you choose, some are bad to clean and some just don't get enough fluid out of the pulp. So, it would be an idea to put aside some time to do some research. Maybe read reviews on Amazon?? Our juicer isnt fantastic. But I am not going to buy another one. It seems you need a juicer for some fruits and veg, a blender for others. I have a brilliant blender, I am glad to say and I also have a couple of juicing books (bought many years ago, when I bought the blender). What strikes me about juicing is that you get a lamentably small amount of fluid from things, LOL So you might need to shop every day for your juicing requirements :) But then, that might be because my juicer isn't very good..... :/ I will be very interested to see how you get on. I might get out my juicer and treat it to a work out ;)

So sorry to hear about your friend but I'm glad you're still feeling positive. Keep posting here whatever emotions you're feeling, don't go away! x

Thanks guys, am hoping I get a break from it all now - really looking forward to Italy in a few weeks. And if I'm happy and healthy i can deal with dramas a lot better.

Lynne - I've bought this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ils_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=minimins-21 - powerful engine, one of the easiest to clean on the market, reviews are great, etc. I think they key is to put a bag in the thing to collect all the pulp, then just lift it out. I already have a fab blender, use it for green smoothies and it's brilliant.

I also really like Jason's book because it's got a completely shopping list in the bag for all the fruit n veg you need for the 5 days - simples :)

Last edited:
I like the fact Jason is English, so the ingredients are our names for ingredients. I might buy one of his books. The juicer looks like a good choice. Most important thing is to at least immerse in water immediately after using, you'd be surprised how fast the food glues itself to the components. I rinse ours and then sometimes bung in dishwasher :) I bet you can't wait to get your hands on it and get juicing!!! My juicer is half the power of yours, so I would think yours has the 'oomph' to remove the last of the juice from the pulp, unlike mine.

I always put a compost bin bag in the waste part of the machine. It makes cleaning so simple!

Good idea Poggie, will do that - if the juicer ever gets delivered, my heart sank when I realised it's a Yodel delivery - gosh they are so rubbish. I got a text last night saying they tried to deliver (to my work address) when I know for a fact there was someone on Reception!

Ah well, let's think positive and hope it arrives during the day today.

Feeling brighter today, got a good night's sleep and have sorted out a couple of small issues in my head about stuff. Am trying not to go mad on food before Saturday and doing ok so far :)

Have a good day all xxx

Woohoo the juicer has arrived so am going to start tomorrow! That means that days 2-3 (the hardest, apparently) will be on the weekend which is perfect.

Really starting to look forward to it. I am still worried about being hungry, especially after months of overeating (!), but I've got my water sprinkles (soluble fibre) and some shirataki noodles to back me up. Wish me luck! :D

I would think that what with the juice and the water you will be drinking, you will feel pretty full (and well flushed) :) I hope you enjoy it.

Woohoo it's arrived! Good luck with it. If you get hungry just drink water or if you're really desperate eat cucumber? Watermelon? Fruit or veg with lots of water. Excited for you :D x

Well I'm now officially a juicer! Am currently sipping on a Turbo with a Kick (ginger, spinach, apples, pineapple, lime, celery, cucumber and avocado), to be followed up at 1pm and 4pm with a Natural Energizer (pineapple, spinach, cucumber, courgette, fennel, sugar snap peas and lime). The Turbo is lovely, really has a ginger kick to it which I love, and a nice balance of greens and sweet.

Felt a bit peckish but glugged on water and herbal tea, and will do some exercise tonight - because I didn't have time this morning, getting the juices ready took 40 minutes! I so need to get more organised. The juicer is OK but the pulp went everywhere so was a bit messy to clean out. I'll do the five days and see how I get on and then possibly invest in a higher range one.

Yay! Congratulations! Juice sounds yummy. I haven't had one so far that I didn't like so stick with it! Prep time will get shorter as you get more used to it, it took me 40mins to begin with but now I wash the fruit n veg, prep, juice 3 juices and wash up in 20mins. It's just getting used to it. Well happy you've started :) How are you doing with the books? x

Good thanks hun, although I skip Jason's rants against manufacturers, diets, etc - all good stuff but I already agree with most of it so don't need to keep reinforcing that side of things :)

About to have my lunchtime juice, and off to the loo for the 5th time today!

Home now and must admit I feel a bit peckish - but I'm sure it's just habit, I'd normally be tucking into something calorific, washed down with wine by now :D

Got another juice at 7pm, and if desperate I can have a banana or an avocado. All in all it has gone better than expected, but this is only Day 1 :eek:

Well done for getting through day 1. Take it one day at a time, soon it will become second nature :) x

Back