Susie and Orbit's daily dribble

At first glance I thought you were woohooing about going to the opera...then I took a closer look, saw what you'd actually said and had to chuckle! I've never been to the opera but it doesn't seem like something I would enjoy, so I hear ya!

That veg lasagne sounds delicious! Though I haven't tried it while low carbing I like to make one that has cottage cheese, roasted red peppers and chopped zucchini. I can't get enough roasted red pepper, mmm! How are shirataki noodles? They're yet another thing I've never tried but am curious about!

A lot of people aren't fans, they aren't really like pasta or noodles at all - and they are a bit sort of, rubbery....but I love them, they really bulk a meal out, really make you feel full and have hardly any cals or carbs! :)

How did you use the cottage cheese, blend it and use as a sauce?

I use cottage cheese in the place of ricotta, so I just add it to the lasagna as another layer. It's the way my mom always used to make lasagna back when she'd make it from scratch and it's quite good!

I've read the two books from yesterday and now downloaded today's one. Maybe I'll read a bit before going to bed. I love mad women diet books hahaha.

I thought you were woohooing the opera too lol

I thought you were woohooing the opera too lol

LOL nooooo, it's a bit heavy going for me, so it was nice to get home from work at 6pm instead of 11pm, especially as I started at 7.45am! :D

Another lovely day here, and another day of sorting out my CC approach. I finished the Veggies Not Included last night - she is such a good writer, really knows how to articulate how it is to be big.

Your lasagne sounds delicious. I might have to make one for myself but I will have to use proper pasta sheets. Don't like the other stuff. Cottage cheese is a great idea, I have always wondered what u could use in place of the white sauce.

How has today been? X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Another thing I've tried is using thinly sliced zucchini or eggplant in the place of lasagna noodles. It's not quite the same, but you still get all the delicious cheesiness and the nice flavour from the roasted red peppers and tomato sauce.

Thanks for translating, I knew there was a different word for zucchini but had no idea about eggplant! :) And I don't know, I find eggplant/aubergine pretty similar to zucchini/courgette, actually. I've only bought it a few times.

Morning all

I've been a VERY bad girl the last couple of days - eating naughty stuff and having some wine - so the juicing loss has disappeared and I'm back to my starting weight.

Not to worry - shoulders back, head up and off we go again on CC! I am a bit all over the place this week, it has been so horrendously busy at work, but my boss told me yesterday she wants me to only work 9-5 and to take a lunchbreak (which i normally don't, I'm either working or on here lol) and take myself off for a walk.

Got a social weekend planned, so it might have to be restart Monday morning :)

PS - I love courgettes, hate aubergine :)

Ladies I need your advice.

Do you think i should try a personal trainer to get me started on doing exercise? I've been thinking about this a lot today, well for ages really, but especially today. I promised my boss I'd walk up the stairs at work instead of using the lift (1 1/2 flights) because she said keep calling them Italy stairs. Good motivation, I thought, when she said it yesterday.

Today - did I do it? No. I did go for a walk at lunchtime but only 10 mins in one direction to get lunch and back.

I do have physical limitations - my knees hurt (this will get better as I lose weight) and I have painful corns on my feet (won't ever improve) - but my attitude is terrible! I KNOW I'll feel better, sleep better, enjoy exercise, etc but I just don't do it when it comes to the crunch. i can get a local PT for a free session, then £25 thereafter.

I also think I am going to go to a lunchtime SW class when I get back from Italy. It's about 15 mins drive away (depending on traffic) but it's a drop in class from 12-2pm so gives a bit of flexibility - and i think it will help me with my portion control issues, particularly limiting bread and cheese, etc.

I thought I may as well not wait though and just do the trial 7 day SW menu and see how I get on. What do you think?

I love what your boss said about Italy stairs! And it's great she basically told you to take it easier and work a bit less. At my old job I would frequently miss lunch and sometimes work late into the night. When I got home I'd be so hungry because I hadn't eaten all day and I would just absolutely binge. I'm sure it did horrendous things to my blood sugar, not to mention all the migraines...

It sounds like you and I are similar when it comes to exercise. I actually enjoy working out but getting me to do it is like pulling teeth! Personally I've never signed up at a gym or had a personal trainer because...well, I guess I'm cheap and figure why pay for what I can do for free? But at the same time I do understand the benefit of paying - the whole mindset of getting one's money's worth and so on.

One thought that occurs to me is maybe a good trainer would be able to help you with some of the physical limitations you mentioned. I'm not sure if that's an issue for you, but if it is maybe he or she could show you how to work out in ways that are less strenuous on your knees, for example. A free session sounds great! If you love it you can continue and if not you aren't really out anything. :)

I hope this comes across the way I intend it. I can't help but think of the things I've read about forming new habits. It takes a while for a new behavior to become second nature, and I think most of us tend to be quite resistant to change...at least I know I am. So if it were me I might concentrate on doing a few small things consistently for a while rather than trying to make huge sweeping changes to a workout routine or diet. I suspect it might make things easier to stick with long term, although I'm certainly no expert on the matter! I just know that for myself when I get overly ambitious (exercise, calorie restriction, etc.) it's sometimes a recipe for frustration and giving up...tiny changes are easier to accept.

PT would be great Susie and would be tailored to you. I'm back walking with Lesley and using weights while I'm walking defo a good starting point too. x

Definitely go for the PT. You always feel better after exercise and they'll be able to give you specific exercises that won't hurt your knee. Xx

Hi hun - after getting a HUGE water bill (courtesy of the leaking toilet - my flat really is the proverbial moneypit!), I can't afford a PT - so will just try and walk 30 minutes each day.

Also back on CCing, 1650 a day, and got a lovely dinner on the go - courgettes, spinach, chopped tomatoes and some tagine paste - and oh my it smells gorgeous, just gently simmering away :). I'm counting everything, even wine :)eek:) and after a lovely day's food, an egg and bacon wrap for brekkie (homemade), soup, crackers and fruit for lunch, there is still room for two glasses of white - and cals left over! :D

So I just need to keep doing this, chill out, hope for 1-2lbs loss a week, a bit of exercise and keep with it for longer than a month!

Back