SW Supermarket Range!!

I probably wouldnt buy any, i like to cook from scratch, but like everyone else its nice to know its there incase i dont have the time one day.
I have friends that work away/do alot of traveling and this would make SW a whole lot easier for them!

For me, the issue is the possibility of conflict of interest - is SW's primary concern the slimming groups or is it selling food stuff to us?

Id say like every other diet company out there ultimately their aim is to make money.

Theyre not daft, they must realise what a massive market there is out there, they monitor sites like this too, theyre not going to miss a potentially massive money making trick which A LOT of members are going to love.

I think it's more a case of acknowledging how busy life is for a lot of people, and how far down the list of their priorities cooking a meal from scratch would come.

Totally agree with you JIm - this morning I spent the best part of 2 hours chopping and cooking tonight's evening meal!!! :eek: I really don't mind cos I love cooking but I have the luxury of not having to go to work. It was prepared this morning so I could go to the gym this afternoon. If I was working I'd definitely take advantage of time saving convenience products.

I'll not write it off entirely, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

My main amount of labour is spent (as auntynet said) on chopping vegetables - anything above and beyond that is a breeze :D

I can't see myself being overly excited about pasta sauces and soups, which will probably have a syn value, when I can make my own ones syn free, but like anyone, I have the odd night where I just want to grab something and not worry about cooking.

If the quality of the stuff is right, I might buy the odd item, but I can't help but think back to when I was on WW years ago, I was hungry one night and wanted something quickly, so I got a WW chicken pizza from the local shop.

It was in a regular sized box, but when I took the pizza out it was absolutely miniscule, I was still ravenous afterwards, and I remember it being quite high points too :rolleyes:

Ooo yay that's fab!! :) I'll buy it xxx

pasta sauces can vary greatly..
I do mine with mushrooms, peppers, onions and garlic in them as well as tom's and herbs..

they already have "convenience foods", they're called HiFi bars.. :)
you can make your own flapjack type things to use for HeB's etc, but it's easier to grab one out of a pack and take it with you..

For me, the issue is the possibility of conflict of interest - is SW's primary concern the slimming groups or is it selling food stuff to us?

Doesn't that already happen anyway with certain foods? I remember hearing about scan bran being pushed a lot at certain meetings. Ultimately their primary motive like any business is to make money; if they were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, it wouldn't cost to go to groups and it wouldn't require 3 months payment upfront to join as an online member. This isn't selling out as they were never "in" to begin with. This is just good business sense and something that a lot of people will want. As much as I'd love to be able to cook fresh every day, both me and my partner have to work and with other commitments, there isn't always time to prepare 3 meals a day from scratch so things like ready meals are on occasion a necessary evil.

If it does actually happen, I remember when I joined 1st time round in 2004 they started a flavoured tinned tuna range, I never saw anything else, and they didn't last for long. I'll for one will take a look at the range. I love cooking, and SW has made us all rather inventive, some of the posted recipes are great, bourne out of invention, but just sometimes it may be nice to have something already prepped

Hmm interesting I am a consultant and have not heard anything at all, as far as I was told the new warehouse is just so they can keep more stuff on hand to get out to consultants quicker (books, hi fi bars, magazines etc)

Have scanned all my latest SW literature and nothing !

If this goes ahead I'll definatly be buying them! me and my partner have a very busy lifestyle... 2 young children, I work full time and we have also just started our own business. I don't always have time to cook from scratch and if I made the time we wouldn't be having tea until after 9pm. If I could get a jar of something I could quickly make with pasta or rice that would be great or grab something really quick but filling for lunch as I am known to miss lunch or just have a quick yet unhealthy snack at my desk or whilst running into a meeting.
When I was at SW we were encouraged to buy scan bran, hifi bars and the magazine... plus extra books. They have to make money and good on them for doing it by producing foods.

hmm i'm for it, but not for it if you know what i mean. even if we use a jar of something, would still have to take the time to chop the veggies to accompany it. and theres already stuff out there thats low in syns or syn free to cook with, i have loads of variety in my food and a lot of its convinience related too or advance cooked as i am a busy mum of 3. i dunno, i'd say just another money making venture, but if it sells...which of course it will then good luck to sw :)

At least once a week, I open a jar of ".. something..." to cook chicken in. With a syn value of about 5 per portion, and have it with rice or veg. i freeze a few portions for the next couple of weeks.
Sometimes there is just no energy or time to cook a meal in the evenings - especially when you live on your own.

I's love to see some SW products in the stores.

If they made frozen chips im stocking up !! Im sick of peeling potatoes! This should be their 1st priority!he he

I don't think I'd ever use them.

I find cooking a meal from scratch not too time consuming, I can knock up a decent pasta sauce in the same length of time as pasta to cook.

I really don't see the what all the fuss is about :confused:

Think about how many WW products there are on the shelves that SW'ers buy!! Not just convenience stuff like sauce mixes but also dozens of items that we buy to use in our home-made meals. How many of you make your own fatfree yoghurts or sausages, or cheese?

Would you really choose not to buy the cheese you need to make your own cheese sauce just cos it has the SW logo on it? No - you'd most likely do what I do and consider the cost, taste and fat content, just like you do with all the other brands.

True. I would buy ingredients (yog, cheese, baked beans etc) and maybe treats, but not ready meals. I don't want to eat ready meals any more, I have avoided them for a year and I feel soo much better eating real home cooked foods.

When they changed the packaging for the Hi-fi bars to the boxes my C said she thought they were making the packaging more consumer ready.

I think it would have its advantages and disadvantages :)

Back