Sybersadie's Diary

Hi Sadie, you're doing really well. We all have ups and downs and weeks with only a pound or so. I was just looking at your stats thinking " I remember when I was 11st5. Wish I was there now" its all relative. I know I'll get there sooner rather than later on this diet and you will too.

I am just wanting it to be quicker is all.

Hehe this made me giggle...I know what you mean.

If I stick to total solutions for a day and get on the scale the following day I expect to have lost a few pounds :D

I'm not suggesting you're the same but I completely understand wanting the quick loss

But then when I have had a small loss and I'm disheartened or feeling impatient I think to myself..well what is the alternative? Eating as normal and not losing anything..and then I realise I'm taking small steps to something really positive x

All well here Darcy, thanks. Resigned to my slow losses, even on a vlcd. But, I am losing more than I would on WW or SW where weekly losses were often around half a pound. So put in that perspective 2lb a week is actually fantastic.

Ha ha my OH keeps reminding me how long it would be taking me to lose the weight on slimming world too! I do feel like after a week eating nothing I should have lost a stone!

Well done on your loss :)

I've not been checking in for a few days as work has been really busy, but all has been good on the diet front, staying 100% TS.

I am pretty amazed, actually as I have nearly done 4 full weeks of TS. At the start I didn't expect that I would be able to stick it out for so long, particularly with the OH eating real food and having to cook for others at the weekends. So, all in all I am really pleased I have managed it so far.

Heading into week 5 though is a little daunting. This week the OH and I have a big (and I mean big) family get together next weekend which I really want to enjoy. I don't want to go from eating next to nothing and not drinking at all to eating (as sensibly as buffet food will allow) and having a glass of wine or two. So I've decided to lift myself out of ketosis for next weekend by gradually raising my calorie intake over the week so that by next Saturday I will be eating around 1200 per day.

The plan is:
Monday TS
Tuesday and Wednesday 3 packs plus food to make up to 800 cals
Thursday and Friday 3 packs plus food to make up to 1000 cals
Saturday and Sunday will try to keep food and drink intake to 1200 cals
Back to TS the following Monday

Not entirely sure, yet what I will add into my diet after Monday to make up the additional calories. To be honest right now I am a little afraid of adding in real food but know I need to.

You have clearly given this a lot of thought, and made a very sensible plan :)

Life goes on, even when 'dieting', so the key is planning ahead!

Enjoy your family weekend, and Exante will be waiting for you on Monday :D

Good plan! Enjoy :)

You are doing fabulously well... I would LURVE to be 11st 5lbs.:innocent0001:

Your plan to enjoy the weekend sounds sensible, drinking and ketosis generally don't go together well... as long as you get back on plan afterwards you should keep losing.
Have a great week.

Lizzy XX

@AllYours everything is relative. At my height, 5ft nothing, 11st 5lb is still obese and more than 2st over the highest "healthy" weight for my height. When I started the diet I was more than 3 stone over and aiming for a 4 stone loss which would get me to 8 stone, in the middle range of my healthy weight zone, to allow for some weight gain once back to real food. The lowest weight for my height is 6st 11lb - if I were to continue and get that thin I would look decidedly ill.

If anything were possible, in an ideal world I'd grow a few inches :D but that's never gonna happen so the weight must go.
And some more of it has! Weigh in this morning and another 3lb off. Total 4 week weight loss = 15lb :woohoo: Happy days.

This week I don't expect to have any losses. Today is the last day of TS, then I will be upping the calorie intake until the weekend.

Well done on your loss :)

Ha ha, definitely Darcy :D

Anyway, onwards and downwards - well at least hoping to stay the same this week.

I have decided that today I will be adding in TEA with skimmed milk, but just a couple of mugs - I don't want to set off my tea habit again and suffer caffeine withdrawal next week.

Food wise I plan on doing something with egg, cauliflower rice and salad - not entirely sure what yet. Only planning to add in 200 cals today so don't want to add much more and certainly don't want any carbs in the mix. Anyway, I will have a think about it. Working from home today so will have time to prepare whatever I come up with.

well done on the loss sadie and let us know how this week goes. You sound really focused.

Why not have decaf tea? :)

@smidge87 Now why didn't I think of that! Brilliant, I will get some on my way home tonight - better still I will text my OH to get some, I don't want to go into the supermarket again so soon and tempt fate

@Darcy15 the cauliflower rice was fab, but actually I am not a big rice eater anyway. Don't know what you would think if you really like rice.

So, yesterday's eating plan went like this:

BF: Shake
Lunch: Gooey pudding (I know it is not lunch material but they have to be eaten)
Dinner: Dry fried cauliflower rice, spring onions, garlic clove, courgette, cherry tomatoes and chopped boiled egg
Snack: exante bar - split in 2 (half in the afternoon, the other half in the evening with REAL tea)
Extra - 100ml skimmed milk for tea

The "real" food was nice, the cauliflower rice and egg was a bit bland, but it was an experiment. I am planning on having something similar tonight only adding in something to give it kick, and frying the egg and putting it on the top of the rice mixture. Also, a few peppers would give it more kick but I don't have any in and don't want to buy any as the OH doesn't eat them.

How do I feel today after adding in the extra? Fine, so far so good, probably because I know this is a thought out plan and I can't just go eat anything I fancy. I can only eat what I have already planned for the day ahead. Interestingly, last week I had the occasional thought about coming off the diet because I was craving eggs, fish and real tea with milk - staple parts of my usual diet. Now that I have had the opportunity to add them back in (fish is planned for tomorrow) I am feeling much more positive about getting back on the diet waggon next Monday.

Anyway - the plan for today:

BF: Shake (have had that already)
Lunch: exante bar (as I will be out at the office)
Dinner: Same as yesterday but with extra kick and a fried egg
Snack: exante bar
Extra: 100ml skimmed milk for tea

Have a good day everyone :)

Just going over my posts and realise that maths is not my strong point! In the conversion from pounds to stones I gained a whole 1lb! And at my height that is not good ;)

My weight is 11st 2lbs, not 11st 3lbs as I had put in my stats and sig :D I've gone and updated them now!

I know I have def lost 15lb as my scales weigh in pounds and I was 156lbs yesterday, which I wrote down in my food notebook - yes old dieting habits die hard - where I record my daily food intake and weight. It used to be a daily weight but since being on exante it is a weekly weight.

Haha wish I could drop a pound like that! :p

Back