Sybersadie's Diary

The headache is much better today thanks :)

I did manage to up my water intake though, to only just over 2 ptrs (but that is 100% increase). Will try for the full 3 ltrs today. I'm feeling the cold here too, so I think I must be back in ketosis.

So, I've been thinking back on last week's venture into increasing my calories and noticed a couple of things.

First, I don't remember being cold since before last Friday so the weekend def saw me out of ketosis. Second, I also think adding the extra food in last week was helpful, psychologically, for me.

I was beginning to crave foods that make up a significant part of my diet. The extra meals I planned were focused on the things I was missing the most. By the end of the week I was no longer missing them and now feel that I am good to go on this diet for another stint. And, clearly getting into ketosis this time round didn't take so long.

Depending on weight loss and how I feel I may well add in another week of extra calories after a further four weeks TS, which I think will be around Easter time. I know this strategy will prolong my time on the diet overall, but life goes on and sometimes you have to plan around things.

I know I lose weight really slowly, even on the VLCD. So, if working in a week of additional food every four weeks is the difference between sticking it out in the long run and losing ALL the weight or falling off the diet completely I'll take the extra food week and the long haul.

Perhaps that is another reason why exante suggest a 'food week' every 4 weeks - to stop us going insane lol!

Glad you are feeling better :)

Ok so I can tell I am out of my usual weekday routine:mad:

I'm spending the day at my Dad's for his birthday, I don't begrudge him he's 89 today, but it's putting me off my Exante stride. So far I've had half a 75ml bottle of water (and there's me trying to up the intake today) and THREE cups of coffee, and zero mint tea.

The coffee has made me wired, and now I'm hungry!!!! To top it all I have just made him a bacon sandwich and the smell :eek:

I had breakfast eggs instead of my usual shake first thing so I am due another pack about now anyway. Have just now rummaged around in my overnight bag for a battered box of mint tea bags and a caramel crunch bar to get rid of the hunger.

At least my Dad has noticed the weight loss :) And, so far has not offered me a biscuit or cake which is what he usually does after I tell him I'm on a diet o_O

Back home today and back to routine. Shake for breakfast. I'm amazed how quickly I have gotten back to my Exante routine :)

Overall water intake yesterday was not as good as expected, still hovering around the 2ltr mark. But, working from home again today should help me get back up to 3

Haha I bet you feel better now you are back on it! The guilt factor can go away ;) Well done for sticking with it :)

Yesterday's water intake was much better - got 3 ltrs down as well as several cups of mint tea. Ideally would like to get up to 4 ltrs but if I don't I'm not too fussed.

All good with me :)

Hope everyone has a good day :cool:

Another weigh in and 5lbs lost this week. So, I have lost the 3lbs put on during my week off and a further 2lbs. One very happy bunny here :bunnydance:

I don't expect the scales to be so favourable next time as I did have an unplanned day off the diet yesterday. Friends showed up unexpectedly and eating out was suggested which I just couldn't get out of. I am hoping that it won't impact my losses for this week.

Back 100% TS today, hope everyone has a good day :)

Well done on your loss, and I love this little rabbit :bunnydance: haha!!

I'm sure yesterday won't harm your weight loss as you're straight back to TS today.

Hope you have a lovely day too :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance: (I'm rabbit obsessed!!)

well done that's fantastic x

Thanks all, I am still in a happy place with the loss :)

@chazzafrazz I know the bunny is so cute

A few years back and I would be active 6 out of 7 days a week either running, going to the gym, doing DVDs - mostly something different everyday. Life just got so busy over the last few years and so exercise went out the window and the weight piled on. So, given that I have made a good start with the weight loss I am going to try to get back on the exercise bus.

Yesterday evening did a couple of sessions from Davina's Power of 3 (arms & abs) before a nice soak in bubble bath. It was hard work, but that was to be expected, considering how long it's been since I have actually done any exercise. But, the main thing - I enjoyed it and it felt good to be a bit active again :) especially since I am bum in seat glued to the computer screen most of the working day.

I plan to do more this week - tomorrow and Friday. But I will just stick to three days a week for a couple of weeks, see how I feel before ramping it up. I think maybe I need to get a bit more active before I face Jillian and the Shred :eek:

Well done! Fab loss :D

Don't know what brought it on but last night I was really hungry. Ended up having a cup of hot oxo before bed just to take the edge off. That's the first time I've felt like that for a long while :(

Hope it doesn't continue.

Hope you are feeling better today!

I've been hungry the last few days Sadie - think it's the cold weather :rolleyes:

I've had a few cups of bovril - warming and definitely curbs the hunger :)

Hopefully when Spring gets here it will all be so much easier :D

The hunger feeling has gone, thanks. It probably is the cold weather, or maybe the added exercise? I don't know. Maybe see how today goes and see if there is a pattern to it.

Back