Syn Free Onion Chutney/Marmalade

Just posting so I'm subscribed to this thread as jumping back on the wagon next week 3 weeks after having my baby!

Used to love making this and found it really tasty with scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast!

sarah83 said:
Just posting so I'm subscribed to this thread as jumping back on the wagon next week 3 weeks after having my baby!

Used to love making this and found it really tasty with scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast!

Congratulations and good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sarah83 said:

Congratulations and good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh this sounds fab and just what I need to go with cold cuts for Christmas. My problem is trying to source the sweetner as Cyprus doesn't really cater for diets.

I'm also wondering if an orange sugar free jelly might work of no sweetner can be found......might work as really orangy onion marmalade? Must try and let you all know. ;)

I made this once before and it's delish. It made quite a large quantity though - could it be frozen do you think?

Last edited:
This sounds delicious! I love pickle and onion chutney and this might just help me to stay away from the synned versions over Christmas lol!

chutney -- yum

This sounds lush ....
Im already thinking ahead to the cheese board at christmas... going to have it once!! Not Every day for a week. love love love cheese n chutneys xx
Think ill give your recipe a try and save a few syns :D
kathy x

I am DEFINITELY going to try this...

Thank you x

Definately giving this one a try - my bf stocked up on the pate's and stuff for christmas today so if i can take a jar of this with me that would great!

Ooo I am so going to try this recipe it sounds lovely

x

I made this once before and it's delish. It made quite a large quantity though - could it be frozen do you think?

Catherine, all you have to do is half or quarter the quantities on the recipe to make a smaller amount lol!

Catherine, all you have to do is half or quarter the quantities on the recipe to make a smaller amount lol!

Honestly, if I had a brain I'd be dangerous :D

Waiting on my cider vinegar arriving. Really excited! I was going to try and find a syn free relish for having on scan bran and cheese sarnies. Its the only way I can eat the stuff (scan bran obv!!). A sweetcorn and chilli version sounds yum! Was also thinking about adding gerkins and tomatos for a tomato relish.

If I made the whole lot, do you think it would keep in the fridge until the 19th? Its my taster night and I want to take this with some nibbles. x

I soo love it as well, it goes so well in cheese sandwhiches....made using my hex a, using low fat cheddar and both my hex b's. I feel as though i am being naughty though but know i am not. ;-)

Anna

Back